[Request] Add Goalkeeper Injuries (during match...)

phd_angel

This is a bummer but realistic to add this one. I never saw or heard of a goalkeeper being injured and substituted during a match. Result is that no one bothers to have a sub goalie in the bench, just in case. Adding this possibility would make the game more realistic and exciting. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with that GK injury. Voted for that.

Especially with the option to see the "whole" game or most of it, could it be that there would be situations, where (any) player could have an "injury" and the medical team would be called to check it out?

Result could be - nothing serious, forced to make a substitution or a new one, medical team gives you its recommendation.

That recommendation would make you to think, if you can take a chance with more serious injury for that player at the same game, or to make a substitution right away...

With only one high class GK in your team, important games coming and possibility to get your GK seriously injured...  Isn't this what managers have to do?

24 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Cards too

I know that every (human) player makes his (her) own choices, but it isn't the best situation, that you can order your GK to play as rough as he can without any possibility to be sent out!

Why are GK's handled in another way than other players? Could it be that SI has tried this, but it ended into too many GK being sent off...?

If that, then it could be added into the game (as basic rule), that if there is only one GK (left), that GK plays VERY safe basic game, and therefore chances to be injured or sent off would be much lower.

And, still, there have been games where a field player had to take GK's position.

• 3 months later...