Will FM24 include the Saudi Arabian league?

Was wondering whether the league in Saudi Arabia will be included in FM24? We've seen the likes of Benzema, Kanté and Cristiano Ronaldo move there recently. There are also rumours that players such as Mahrez, Ziyech, Ruben Neves, Koulibaly and Edouard Mendy will move there. 

12 minutes ago, Renyy said:

They did just add Latvia and Norwegian third tier in recent years, possibly others. 

Norwegian third tier has been in for quite some years (I've at least played there for 5+ years), but Latvia (and Canada I think) was added not long ago. I think Latvia was because the Latvian FA actively wanted it, but I can't remember the details.

Often it's based mostly on what people want and how available research is, so the more people who want it, and the more people who can, reliably, do research for SI, the more likely it is to be added.

Actually saudi arabia investing too much football and they get many stars in theşr league. SI games should not ignore them.

İn my opinion in near future saudi football federation can join uefa comletitions for more get attraction. It is quite possible.

1 hour ago, Renyy said:

It's been featured in the setup and the pre-game editor for quite some time, but wasn't playable in the vanilla game until FM21. With the state of which Latvia was added in maybe it's best they keep it infrequent lol. 

I did a Norway save with Follo FK in 2018 so its definitely been in the game at least since then. 

4 minutes ago, Renyy said:

I am so dumb I'm sorry. I meant to say the Norwegian 4th tier. It's called 3rd division, hence my mistake. 

No worries. League One is the third division in England but Ligue 1 is the top division in France! Clearly there needs to be a UEFA league naming convention mandate.

I had to check if I added that league as a separate file but I was certain I had real players in there. I remember my main forward being an 17/18 year old guy named Dalseth. Doesn't seem like he had the career in real life like he did in my game. 

1 hour ago, Renyy said:

I may have played with Håvard Dalseth growing up. 👀 Didn't realize until just now and Googling his name that he went on to play semi-professionally. 

Amateur database for Norway has historically been pretty solid tbh. Long long time ago we used to have an editor expert on this old phpbb forum that made the league system down to 7th division or something crazy every year. When I managed in 6th tier there was one real player on my team there. 

You sure it was 2018 and not 2017? Follo would've been in 4th tier in 2018, though I suppose if you mean FM18 due to Norway being a summer league they could've still been in the 3rd. I didn't realize the club still existed there for a moment because of some match fixing scandal and bankruptcy threats many years ago. Seems they've been stuck in 4th tier for a few years now. 

Follo might get up into the 3r tier next season after their resounding 6-0 win over Skånland OIF (two goals by Dalseth btw) yesterday as they are leading the league by 7 points.

jKP9JDM.png

Also, I do create a database for Norways lower league, and I've done so for the last few versions. I don't add players, but the teams and league setup are setup according to fotball.no at least.

2 hours ago, Renyy said:

I may have played with Håvard Dalseth growing up. 👀 Didn't realize until just now and Googling his name that he went on to play semi-professionally. 

Amateur database for Norway has historically been pretty solid tbh. Long long time ago we used to have an editor expert on this old phpbb forum that made the league system down to 7th division or something crazy every year. When I managed in 6th tier there was one real player on my team there. 

You sure it was 2018 and not 2017? Follo would've been in 4th tier in 2018, though I suppose if you mean FM18 due to Norway being a summer league they could've still been in the 3rd. I didn't realize the club still existed there for a moment because of some match fixing scandal and bankruptcy threats many years ago. Seems they've been stuck in 4th tier for a few years now. 

What a small world lol. I just randomly got hired by them in a LLM journeyman save in FM18. So if I picked to start in summer of 2017 its possible they stayed up that year since its only halfway through the season. I probably still have the same on my desktop. Think I left it off getting slaughtered in OBOS-ligaen. 

That was back when I had  time to play and deal with LLM stuff. Now I just go to bigger clubs because I want the meat of game for transfers and newer features you don't always get managing semi-pro or smaller teams. 

Edited by wazzaflow10

On 19/06/2023 at 19:50, Pafnus said:

İn my opinion in near future saudi football federation can join uefa comletitions for more get attraction. It is quite possible.

:D

@OP even if it isn't, the editor's section has got you covered!

On 19/06/2023 at 12:50, Pafnus said:

Money talks and if not, the editor does the talking.

• 2 months later...

Before the Ronaldo deal there was probably not enough demand. Since then it’s exploded with transfers. It would logically make sense to add the league because they are seemingly going to be a big part of the transfer window going forward. 

The part I’d be in the dark about would be the logistics behind adding it, licensing, research etc. I am not sure how long that takes 

While I hope it will, I dont expect it to be. (I hope I am wrong)

I would think the licensing would be RELATIVELY "easy," at least compared to J-League!  Saudi's certainly seem to WANT to market the league globally.

Regarding research - unlike Japanese clubs, Saudi clubs and players have long been in the FM database.  It would certainly take time to develop GOOD research for player ratings, etc.  Given that most of the surge in interest in Saudi Pro league is about the big name players, it would seem to me Saudi league, could be implemented in game relatively quickly, although the player ratings and other aspects of league would basically be in Beta form.   

Even if the Saudi Pro League is not in FM24 (I'm guessing it wont) there will be downloadable playable Saudi leagues and player db, as there have been for Japanese leagues for many years.  How good these are...m'eh.  But it'll be something.

I would certainly expect Saudi Pro League to be in 25.   

16 minutes ago, FourFiveOne said:

Cyprus should be the next in line, followed by Ecuador and maybe Paraguay. The Saudi league is a retirement home, no disrespect. Not to mention the human rights violations.

Why would do you bring politics to a football game?

On 22/09/2023 at 03:48, FootballHedgehog said:

EA has the license for Saudi until 2026 I believe. And I'm pretty sure it's an exclusive as well...

The League itself doesnt need to be licensed, dont know the legal actions involved but not every league in FM is licensed so dont see why any league cant be added, even changing the names of clubs etc can be done.