Female Footballers in FM series

Not looking to create a debate about genetics etc, however, just curious, with the future introduction of female players in football manager, will their stats be 1-20 (assumption is yes) and if so, will they be rated against their own sex.

Example Mykhailo Mudryk has been clocked 22.7 mph at and has a pace of 17 (seems low)

One of the fastest women in the game, Ali Kriegar has been clock at 21.5 mph

So would her pace be in comparison of male counterparts, for example, Ali Kriegar runs as fast as Patrick Bamford (pace 14) or will she be rated in a female pool and thus be higher ?

And as there are no rules for preventing females to actually play in the English league, do you think there will artificial barriers put in place that would prevent cross over from WSL to Regular League ?

Edited by umbrammortis

For me it would be important that it's based on the Professional Women's equivalent. E.g. the fastest female player should be 19/20 and not 14/15.

I would expect the same spread of 1-20, with 10 being what you'd see from the average female (semi)professional player.

7 minutes ago, smp20 said:

For me it would be important that it's based on the Professional Women's equivalent. E.g. the fastest female player should be 19/20 and not 14/15.

I would expect the same spread of 1-20, with 10 being what you'd see from the average female (semi)professional player.

It will almost certainly be this way. In the same way that mens football is based on professional/semi etc and not factoring in Joe bloggs on the street 

Il 30/6/2023 in 06:28 , themadsheep2001 ha scritto:

It will almost certainly be this way. In the same way that mens football is based on professional/semi etc and not factoring in Joe bloggs on the street 

nor, more importantly, is it based around Olympics-level athletes, because Mudryk would look amateurish at best compared to a 100m world-class sprinter. The same way you don't rate Mbappé 14 in Pace because Usain Bolt is supposed to get 20, you don't rate Ali Kriegar 14 because Mbappé is supposed to get 20.

On 30/06/2023 at 06:28, themadsheep2001 said:

I think is something that is often missed when looking at attributes in the game. Having 1 pace does not mean he will be outran by your average nan, but rather 1 as the lowest expected by a professional footballer. So most of us here on the forum would have a pace well below 1! ;) 

54 minutes ago, XaW said:

I think is something that is often missed when looking at attributes in the game. Having 1 pace does not mean he will be outran by your average nan, but rather 1 as the lowest expected by a professional footballer. So most of us here on the forum would have a pace well below 1! ;) 

Hmmm not sure. Lots of footballers aren’t quick. There could easily be people on here faster than, say, Luka Modric over 100 metres. And I bet he doesn’t have 1 pace in the game. 

Also, FM doesn’t take into consideration pace with and without the ball. Plenty of players are fast but with the ball at their feet, not so much. Is a complex subject. 

2 minutes ago, DP said:

Hmmm not sure. Lots of footballers aren’t quick. There could easily be people on here faster than, say, Luka Modric over 100 metres. And I bet he doesn’t have 1 pace in the game. 

Also, FM doesn’t take into consideration pace with and without the ball. Plenty of players are fast but with the ball at their feet, not so much. Is a complex subject. 

Based on this:

https://speedsdb.com/luka-modric-top-speed

his top speed in the CL 2022 was 30.09 km/h (19.70 mp/h) and that's rather quick.... You might be a sprinter for all I know, but I doubt many people in here can go faster than that...

21 hours ago, XaW said:

Based on this:

https://speedsdb.com/luka-modric-top-speed

his top speed in the CL 2022 was 30.09 km/h (19.70 mp/h) and that's rather quick.... You might be a sprinter for all I know, but I doubt many people in here can go faster than that...

Point is, he has 13 for pace. There are undoubtedly quicker players in the lower leagues with less for pace in game as they are not as high profile as Modric.

22 hours ago, stopazricky said:

nor, more importantly, is it based around Olympics-level athletes, because Mudryk would look amateurish at best compared to a 100m world-class sprinter. The same way you don't rate Mbappé 14 in Pace because Usain Bolt is supposed to get 20, you don't rate Ali Kriegar 14 because Mbappé is supposed to get 20.

You'd be surprised. Top level footballers are wicked fast. Many has ran 100m sprints in sub 11 seconds. There's very regularly players hitting 36km/h in the top leagues and the yearly record is usually between 37 and 38. IIRC Sven Botman has the highest recorded top speed for footballers at 39km/h. For reference the top speed ever recorded in a human is Usain Bolt's 44km/h between 60 and 80 meters of a 100m sprint in 2009. 

In FM terms Bolt wouldn't be any higher than 22. 

30 minuti fa, trviggo ha scritto:

You'd be surprised. Top level footballers are wicked fast. Many has ran 100m sprints in sub 11 seconds. There's very regularly players hitting 36km/h in the top leagues and the yearly record is usually between 37 and 38. IIRC Sven Botman has the highest recorded top speed for footballers at 39km/h. For reference the top speed ever recorded in a human is Usain Bolt's 44km/h between 60 and 80 meters of a 100m sprint in 2009. 

In FM terms Bolt wouldn't be any higher than 22. 

As explained in this particular Tifo Football video, this is incorrect, as that 44.5 km/h measurement was not Bolt's speed between the 60m and 80m marking, it was his average speed over the whole 100 metre track, while the numbers you're bringing up regarding footballers are top speed measurement. I can't quite recall Bolt's actual top speed when he set the record, but in order for him to run 100 metres in 9.59 seconds while starting still, it certainly has to be well over 50 km/h.

Running 100m in less than 11 seconds is impressive for everyday standards, however it wouldn't even be enough to qualify to the finals of a 100m sprint tournament. Breaking the 11 seconds mark is considered very good for a female sprinter, so guys like Mbappé could definitely be good sprinters, but on the track they wouldn't be world class by any stretch.

1 hour ago, stopazricky said:

As explained in this particular Tifo Football video, this is incorrect, as that 44.5 km/h measurement was not Bolt's speed between the 60m and 80m marking, it was his average speed over the whole 100 metre track

It says the number Bale was compared to was Bolt's average. If that was 44 it would've resulted in a world record shattering 8 second 100 meter sprint. His top speed was 44(,7 if you wanna be precise), his average speed was 37,5. Where most of the quickest top footballers peak in their top speed. If the Bale data is accurate he would've hit 43km/h, which is still slower than Bolt's. Personally I can't find anyone clocking in faster than Thierry Henry at 39,2 in 1998. No mention of Bale and his record anywhere. 

Edited by trviggo

2 ore fa, trviggo ha scritto:

It says the number Bale was compared to was Bolt's average. If that was 44 it would've resulted in a world record shattering 8 second 100 meter sprint. His top speed was 44(,7 if you wanna be precise), his average speed was 37,5. Where most of the quickest top footballers peak in their top speed. If the Bale data is accurate he would've hit 43km/h, which is still slower than Bolt's. Personally I can't find anyone clocking in faster than Thierry Henry at 39,2 in 1998. No mention of Bale and his record anywhere. 

I did the math and yes, you are right. Sorry for not fact-checking the video (or rather, my understanding of it) before posting

Pace probably isn't a good example of showing the ratings scale.  There are likely "ordinary" people out there playing on parks up and down the country who could be rated in the upper echelons of FMs physical attributes, not just pace.  It's the mental and technical attributes that are clearer cut, as they're the very specific things that footballers have over the rest of the general population.

There's no guarantee that were Usain Bolt to be a professional footballer, even at his peak sprinting prowess, he would be a 20 pace. The reason for this is the attribute is being rated among professional footballers and how well they deploy that on the pitch. Football doesn't necessarily allow for a clear, open run at things. If he doesn't have the ability to get into spaces to ever meaningfully utilise the speed you knew he had on the pitch then the pace attribute being 20 might not be the correct line of thinking. 

There are other attributes to consider to how best represent players, but nothing is ever really a given when looking at examples outside of the sphere of professional football. Attributes are within the scope of the higher levels of the game (professional/semi-professional) and how well they are actually utilised on the pitch. Pace is one of the perfect examples because there are so many players who look lightning fast in youth football and set blistering speeds in training tests which measure speed then get onto a pitch with senior pros and look lethargic, slow and often get accused of being lazy because all that previously hyped speed is no where to be found.

23 minutes ago, santy001 said:

There's no guarantee that were Usain Bolt to be a professional footballer, even at his peak sprinting prowess, he would be a 20 pace. The reason for this is the attribute is being rated among professional footballers and how well they deploy that on the pitch. Football doesn't necessarily allow for a clear, open run at things. If he doesn't have the ability to get into spaces to ever meaningfully utilise the speed you knew he had on the pitch then the pace attribute being 20 might not be the correct line of thinking. 

There are other attributes to consider to how best represent players, but nothing is ever really a given when looking at examples outside of the sphere of professional football. Attributes are within the scope of the higher levels of the game (professional/semi-professional) and how well they are actually utilised on the pitch. Pace is one of the perfect examples because there are so many players who look lightning fast in youth football and set blistering speeds in training tests which measure speed then get onto a pitch with senior pros and look lethargic, slow and often get accused of being lazy because all that previously hyped speed is no where to be found.

I think one of the main things to take into account is that "pace" is in the context of speed a player frequently reaches whilst running 12km in 90 minutes with very short intervals between sprints and maintaining enough in reserve to be able to make challenges or control a football at the end of it, which is quite different from the fastest speed a body can manage

On 29/06/2023 at 21:11, umbrammortis said:

Not looking to create a debate about genetics etc, however, just curious, with the future introduction of female players in football manager, will their stats be 1-20 (assumption is yes) and if so, will they be rated against their own sex.

Example Mykhailo Mudryk has been clocked 22.7 mph at and has a pace of 17 (seems low)

One of the fastest women in the game, Ali Kriegar has been clock at 21.5 mph

So would her pace be in comparison of male counterparts, for example, Ali Kriegar runs as fast as Patrick Bamford (pace 14) or will she be rated in a female pool and thus be higher ?

And as there are no rules for preventing females to actually play in the English league, do you think there will artificial barriers put in place that would prevent cross over from WSL to Regular League ?

I could see it going either way. The only reason I could see them make it so that womens numbers are against mens is if the game allowed mens and womens teams to compete in friendlies. However, they may choose to not allow that in exchange for having women be measured only against themselves.