The Difference Between Teammate and Friend?

What is the difference between Temmate and Friend in relationship?

What happened if two players have Friend in relationship and how it effect in the match?

What happened also if two players have Temmate in relationship and how it effect in the match?

Thank you

There is no definitive answer that is why- it will be left to your own interpretation.  My view is that Team-mate is a player who plays in the same club, with whom you have no great relationship off the field.  A friend is a player with whom you have a stronger, perhaps social relationship off the field.  I doubt that there is any impact or effect in the match engine.

I am trying to edit two players. So, if I try to sign two players never been in a one team before, then the correct relationship is a Friend rather than Teammate so that these two players become gel in their new team? Because when I edit these two players relationship as a Teammate, it shown as Former Teammate in the game Information Tab/Menu of the player, which is not make sense because they are never been playing in one team before, am I correct?

Edited by baskor

1 hour ago, baskor said:

Why there is no reply? Somebody please answer my question. SI please answer my question.

As I said before, there will be no replies because nobody will be sure of the answer,  This is a community forum and neither SI nor any other users are required to provide an answer.  The impact of what you are asking will be minimal or zero in my view so it would be best just to move on.

8 hours ago, baskor said:

Why there is no reply? Somebody please answer my question. SI please answer my question.

My guess would be not much inside matches directly, but rather with the general happiness of the players who have friends of favoured team mates. As for the difference? I would compare it to your friends, and the work colleagues you like, but would not hang with outside work.

Of course, this is just my impression of it, as I don't know the workings of it.

It's a label, it only really matters if it makes sense to you.  You could set them to have a sibling relationship if you wanted, it isn't going to change anything that they're not really siblings.  Beyond that, nobody is likely to have an answer to what it really affects.  My best guess would be that if there is an effect, it's going to be so incredibly negligible that there would be no way of picking out what the difference was anyway.

Think about it... at work you have work mates, some of your workmates you may be friends with, some you arent....thats the difference. Its really quite simple.

In terms of how its interpreted in FM is a different issue and a question for SI

I would assume that a workmate would be less inclined than a friend to side with that person if something happened e.g. transfer refused, wage increase denied, over zealous fine imposed. Its how dressing rooms can be split

What about Friend relationship? As I can see, many staffs have this relationship (for example: Jürgen Klopp has Friend relationship with Jørn Andersen, Paolo Maldini has Friend relationship with Christian Vieri and Ibrahim Bâ).

Does Friend relationship applies to Player too?

3 minutes ago, baskor said:

What about Friend relationship? As I can see, many staffs have this relationship (for example: Jürgen Klopp has Friend relationship with Jørn Andersen, Paolo Maldini has Friend relationship with Christian Vieri and Ibrahim Bâ).

Does Friend relationship applies to Player too?

yes, any player or non-player