DOF limitations

After gaining promotion, my squad will need an overhaul and to help max out the 35 mill transfer budget I wanted to sign players so that the min amount is to be paid this season with the remaining instalments over the next 2 to 3 years on a 16mill pound value player.

I went to my DOF and told him that the max offer is 2.5 mill - believing he would take this out of my 35 mill budget this year and negotiate the remaining value over 2 or 3 year or with appearance fees and add ons, howver he just ignored my and put in a £16.35 mil transfer bid, which A) way above the max asking price I set him to and B) Is it not in the game for the DOF to negotiate deals using add ons and by splitting the cost down over 2 to 3 years, so the transfer budget can be maxed out. 

If the game does not allow for the DOF to negotiate adds and instalments, this should be implemented for future versions as if you play using a DOF and are in this situation where you want to max your transfer budget by fetching in 6 or 7 over 10mill pound players to improve your squad the only way to do this is through instalments and the game does not appear to let you do that.

The other thing I cannot understand is why he has gone above my head and just put in a 16.25mill bid when I specifically stated 2.5mil max.

I don't believe that this is working as it should as the DOF should be able to think and negotiate better deals including add ons, instalments etc... when they negotiate (especially when just promoted and need to max out budget over alot of players to improve the squad), also you as the manager when you go to him you should be able to ask him how to structure the deal, presently you can only say max transfer offer and max wage offer.  If you play a DOF type save this ruins it.

Anyone had similar issues with the DOF and how best to deal with it

Tony Walker_ Transfer Targets-2.png

Edited by wazza

I think you should be able to play as either a Head Coach (where you have a DoF doing most transfers, but you have input so can recommend players and make requests) or Manager (DoF is a glorified head scout). Working as Head Coach you wouldn't be judged on transfers but more heavily rely on results.

You'd have some clubs in the league system that only hire a head coach, others only hire a manager.

13 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

I think you should be able to play as either a Head Coach (where you have a DoF doing most transfers, but you have input so can recommend players and make requests) or Manager (DoF is a glorified head scout). Working as Head Coach you wouldn't be judged on transfers but more heavily rely on results.

You'd have some clubs in the league system that only hire a head coach, others only hire a manager.

This. Would be more like in real life and could be part of board negotiations. Vincent Kompany left Anderlecht for Burnley because he wanted to be a manager, not just a head coach. In most countries, clubs appoint head coaches, not managers. Having a manager is only in the UK a habit. But sometimes, when a head coach is doing well or is working very long at the same club, he can cut the deal to be "a manager after the English model" - like media use to say. Or if his reputation is great or... I always find it weird to appoint a director of football just for the sake of having an extra scout.

17 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

I agree it would be great to play that way, however at the moment the DOF appears to not be able to structure deals how a human manager can or give the human manager the tools to set the parameter for the DOF to go and sign players using installments and add ons, which would maximise the transfer budget for the season and allow the DOF to bring in more qualty players for less money in a season