Which team are you managing?

I have to admit first I suck at FM in general, and love LLM

I started a new save unemployed an simmed to June 2023. I landed the Peterborough job soon and guided them to the 12th position in League One. The board wasn't happy so I resigned

Took a holiday and when I returned I got the job at Sligo Rovers, in the Irish Premier Division. With only a couple of games left I of course could not save them from relegation...

Things are much easier in the First Division. With half of the season played, we are in 3rd place, within shouting distance of Galway United who are leading the division..I hope we can at least reach the play off's. 

So who are you all managing?

Cruzeiro, FM22, July 2026.  Started at Manaus in Serie C, promoted second season. Joined Cruzeiro mid-season with them having been relegated.  Missed out on promotion at first ask, but won Serie B the following season.  Currently battling against relegation from the top division.

Szeged-Csanád Grosics Akadémia

Owned by the local Catholic Diocese. Trying to develop Hungarian football both at home and with clubs in other countries with Hungarian majorities and influence in their towns/cities.

Edited by wearesporting

Currently in 28/29 season at Leeds having taken over start of pre season.

Started the save with Cowdenbeath in the Scottish lowland league, got consecutive promotions before getting the Arbroath job in the Scottish Premiership. Only did one season as I didn't enjoy it and then resigned. Got the Bolton job who were just relegated to league 2. Got consecutive promotions to the Premier League, winning both L1 and L2 and finishing 2nd in the Championship when Leeds came calling. Currently December 2028 and I am mid table after a very bad start.

5 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Cruzeiro, FM22, July 2026.  Started at Manaus in Serie C, promoted second season. Joined Cruzeiro mid-season with them having been relegated.  Missed out on promotion at first ask, but won Serie B the following season.  Currently battling against relegation from the top division.

Very cool! I have never managed a club in Brazil, very sure they are relieved about that

5 hours ago, acidmonkey said:

Sunderland in 2049 currently the main English juggernaut with14 league titles but only 3 champions leagues

Mighty impressive! You lot still play at the Stadium of Light?

5 hours ago, wearesporting said:

Szeged-Csanád Grosics Akadémia

Owned by the local Catholic Diocese. Trying to develop Hungarian football both at home and with clubs in other countries with Hungarian majorities and influence in their towns/cities.

Cool and original!

5 hours ago, parsdaft1982 said:

Currently in 28/29 season at Leeds having taken over start of pre season.

Started the save with Cowdenbeath in the Scottish lowland league, got consecutive promotions before getting the Arbroath job in the Scottish Premiership. Only did one season as I didn't enjoy it and then resigned. Got the Bolton job who were just relegated to league 2. Got consecutive promotions to the Premier League, winning both L1 and L2 and finishing 2nd in the Championship when Leeds came calling. Currently December 2028 and I am mid table after a very bad start.

Good luck at Leeds

I just started a new journeyman on my brand new laptop. From unemployment, I had a very short stint at Angered BK (Swedish 4th division), about 10 matches only. I joined the club towards the final third of the season, so didn't have enough time to save it from relegation.

I completed my first coach badge after being sacked (there is no fifth division in Sweden FM), and it helps me to apply for jobs in slightly better clubs. A good number of clubs from Wales, Denmark and Sweden approached me, but I'm waiting for a better offer tonight or tomorrow...

Edited by phd_angel

12 hours ago, Hageneezz said:

Mighty impressive! You lot still play at the Stadium of Light?

only for one more year its currently maxed out at 64k

then we move into a ground named after me (its getting renamed to something else) which is 87k in summer of 2050

Edited by acidmonkey

Sheffield Wednesday. They start in League 1. It has actually been very good. When you start the first season, you are among the promotion favourites, but your financial situation is really difficult.  You have virtually no wriggle room at all - and you have a smallish nucleus in your squad of good players who are on ridiculously high wages. Even the veteran back-up keeper is very overpaid, even though he has just joined the club. On top of this, this group of players is very close-knit so you have to tread very carefully with them, otherwise you could lose the dressing room very quickly.

Eventually, I managed to chip away at the edges of this group and move a couple of them on in the January transfer window, thus allowing me to start building my own team. When I had reduced this established group sufficiently, I was then able to take them on directly towards the end of the first season. Results were fairly good and we were eventually beaten in the play-off final at Wembley 1-0 by Charlton Athletic. I survived into the second season and then set about building my own side, after shipping out all of the old established group (some for good money, some on free transfers) during the close season. The second season saw us promoted as champions and a more sensible wage structure was established. For the third season, my task was just to avoid relegation from the Championship, but this was adjusted half-way through to a mid-table finish. We remained in, or around, the play-off places the whole season and were eventually beaten 4-3 on aggregate by Watford in the play-off semi-final after being 3-0 down in the first 25 minutes in the first leg away from home. I am now in my second season in the Championship and we are mid-table after a very bad start and more player unrest. This time the issue was me bringing in a couple of loan players that threatened the position of one of the team leaders. This time I put my foot down and the disruptive individual was loaned out immediately and a number of his supporters were put on the transfer list. They will be leaving asap. Things have settled down in the last month or so and we are winning again (I won the November manager of the month award) and we are now just 6 points off second place, even though we are only placed 12th currently. It is a very tight division. The transfer window is approaching and I have some funds, plus I hope to get a couple of the rebel players sold. One loanee is being re-called, so I will have three loanee places free as well. I am hopeful of reaching the play-offs again if I am able to have a good transfer window.

Despite my criticisms of other aspects of the game (excessive stamina drops and unrealistic fixture congestion), this has been an excellent game in terms of trying to restore the fortunes of this famous old club (the reason I chose them in the first place). Highly recommended if you are thinking of starting a new challenge.

Finished first of the Eredivisie with MVV in the third season. It came quite unexpected, since Ajax was first for 95% of the time and I was already planning the land Europa League football. However, now 16 million (excluding the price money from winning the leaugue) is coming my way, so things are working out nicely. It's quite easy to find new, free and good players, but it takes a ton of your time to find them. The same can be said about loans. 

On 05/07/2023 at 22:03, phd_angel said:

I just started a new journeyman on my brand new laptop. From unemployment, I had a very short stint at Angered BK (Swedish 4th division), about 10 matches only. I joined the club towards the final third of the season, so didn't have enough time to save it from relegation.

I completed my first coach badge after being sacked (there is no fifth division in Sweden FM), and it helps me to apply for jobs in slightly better clubs. A good number of clubs from Wales, Denmark and Sweden approached me, but I'm waiting for a better offer tonight or tomorrow...

PS: Got a nice job at Colwyn Bay (Welsh second division). Climbing up the league table quite easily.