Another excruciating team meeting . . .

I have just completed my first season as manager of St Albans City in the Vanarama South. We won the division by 26 points. We also won 5 matches in the FA Cup to reach the 3rd Round Proper. So, I have to call this end of season team meeting and I am given 4 options to say to the players. None of them are exactly what I want to say, but the nearest option has words to the effect that next season is going to be tough (will we still be part-time?), but we should be able to survive. Complete uproar ensues. Players are "hurt" and "offended" because I am suggesting we can stay up. Morale has taken a serious hit, apparently, or so I am told by my ever-present assistant (stalker?). So it seems I should have said something like "Don't worry chaps, we'll be relegated back to this division in no time." Ludicrous.

The entire team/player module is ludicrous. I try to choose the least damaging answer. I also save the game immediately before team meetings so that I have a do-over option in case I get a result like yours. Yes, some consider that cheating. Sue me.

It's based on media perception rather than your own, I've fought against it many a time myself. The end of season one is a pain, especially on promotion as you can't see the media prediction yet. At least before the preseason meeting you can see the predication and just base it off thatย  ย 

45 minutes ago, gunnerfan said:

The entire team/player module is ludicrous. I try to choose the least damaging answer. I also save the game immediately before team meetings so that I have a do-over option in case I get a result like yours. Yes, some consider that cheating. Sue me.

I can't say I blame you, as the whole interactions thing is shonky as hell right now and if you get a single response wrong it can be hideously damaging.

For example, I had a striker that had an average rating around 9 for the last 5 games and had banged in a good few more goals than would be expected.ย  My AssMan suggested I praise his recent form, which seemed sensible in the circumstances.ย  He was offended by this suggesting that his view of good form and mine were clearly very different, and then I had a whole bunch of the squad who sided with him which resulted in morale going down the toilet.ย  It's issues like this which have stopped me enjoying the game as much as I normally do, even though I really enjoy the FM23 match engine, more so than I have done the versions of the last few years.

vor einer Stunde schrieb gunnerfan:

This.

19 hours ago, gunnerfan said:

I save and reload the game in any instance i feel i might get shafted. That includes youth preview and intake day , certain match loses , contract dealings , certain discussions and a few other scenarios. Why do i do it ? Because i'm playing to have fun and i don't like when the game shafts you due to RNG or just because it woke up wrong that day.

Had many situations where on youth preview i would get 5 stars and on intake day i get 1 star lemons. Easy Matches where i'm rotating my team to preserve my first team for a hard match i get steam rolled with 5 - 0 , out of the blue injuries that last 7 months and that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, ๐‘ซ๐’†๐’™๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’–๐‘ณ said:

I save and reload the game in any instance i feel i might get shafted. That includes youth preview and intake day , certain match loses , contract dealings , certain discussions and a few other scenarios. Why do i do it ? Because i'm playing to have fun and i don't like when the game shafts you due to RNG or just because it woke up wrong that day.

Had many situations where on youth preview i would get 5 stars and on intake day i get 1 star lemons. Easy Matches where i'm rotating my team to preserve my first team for a hard match i get steam rolled with 5 - 0 , out of the blue injuries that last 7 months and that sort of thing.

Cool story, sounds very rewarding