Successful loan player returns for another season . . .

. . . but the fans treat him as if he is a completely new loanee. Playing as St Albans City in Vanarama South, we took an excellent young goalie from Norwich City on loan (19 years old) and he was central to our promotion and FA Cup run. I was repeatedly asked at press conferences whether we would sign him, but I always said "no" because he was too expensive. Week after week he turned in excellent performances and my initial attempt to renew the loan in March was knocked back by his parent club. Then, a couple of months later, I was advised at our Recruitment meeting to try to get him on loan again and this time Norwich City were agreeable, although they now reserved the right to recall him at short notice. The reaction of our fans was lukewarm to say the least and the screen said something like "they hope he can do well for us". In reality, they would have been ecstatic to get such a good player of proven reliability for a second season.

So I think the game could be improved for situations where there is a returning loanee.  It would just help with the reality/immersion aspect of the game. 

• XaW locked this topic