FC Andorra & Andorran Citizenship

Hi, I've been playing a save as FC Andorra playing in the Spanish league system. I am on my second season now after gaining promotion to La Liga & I am just curious what the rules are with gaining Andorran nationality. I have a few Spanish players who were already at the team who have now gained Andorran citizenship but I am just wondering how others could gain citizenship. I have signed a few Spanish players but none are gaining nationality as Andorran. Does anyone know the rules regarding this? Is it possible for Spanish or any other player from different nationalities to gain Andorran citizenship?

Edited by angelo994

9 hours ago, angelo994 said:

Hi, I've been play a save as FC Andorra playing in the Spanish league system. I am on my second season now after gaining promotion to La Liga & I am just curious what the rules are with gaining Andorran nationality. I have a few Spanish players who were already at the team who have now gained Andorran citizenship but I am just wondering how others could gain citizenship. I have signed a few Spanish players but none are gaining nationality as Andorran. Does anyone know the rules regarding this? Is it possible for Spanish or any other player from different nationalities to gain Andorran citizenship?

I don't know the specifics of Andorra but for other countries it takes several years. I would expect it to take 5 years or more. 

17 hours ago, FrazT said:

Citizenship rules are brutal:

1. Maintain residency in Andorra (active or passive) for 20 years
  2. Be born in the principality, then complete at least 10 years of study in Andorra’s school system
  3. Marry an Andorran citizen (after three years you’ll get citizenship)

This is strange. There are clearly several players in the FC Andorra squad who don't need those criteria but are/have gained eligibility. The rules for representing the Andorra national football team must surely be different?

• 5 weeks later...

Also strange. If I loan out my South American players to another Spanish team after they have already been in my team for 2 years, it counts the time spent in Spain for their eligibility to gain Spanish citizenship. I loaned 2 South Americans and recalled them after 28 days and they have gained Spanish citizenship to help with my non EU spots.     

On 30/07/2023 at 17:33, FrazT said:

Citizenship rules are brutal:

1. Marry an Andorran citizen (after three years you’ll get citizenship)

New to FM '24 - force your player into a loveless marriage with an Andorran citizen. Might be easier to get them to marry an Andorian. 

On 05/09/2023 at 20:08, gunner86 said:

Some countries use accumulative time, some use continuous. So that explains the Spain thing. I would also imagine there’s special rules for certain countries with Andorran citizenship.

No sorry you misunderstood. My players don’t accumulate any days while playing for me. It just isn’t there. It’s only when I sent them out on loan the days they spent in my club counted and were added once they were at the Spanish team. It’s very weird. 

6 minutes ago, angelo994 said:

No sorry you misunderstood. My players don’t accumulate any days while playing for me. It just isn’t there. It’s only when I sent them out on loan the days they spent in my club counted and were added once they were at the Spanish team. It’s very weird. 

Had they not played in Spain previously?

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Had they not played in Spain previously?

No not at all. That’s what I’m saying. It took the time spent at FC Andorra and counted those days as soon as I sent them out on loan. I’m sure it’s an oversight by the devs as FC Andorra play in the Spanish leagues but don’t actually count as Spanish. 

4 hours ago, angelo994 said:

No not at all. That’s what I’m saying. It took the time spent at FC Andorra and counted those days as soon as I sent them out on loan. I’m sure it’s an oversight by the devs as FC Andorra play in the Spanish leagues but don’t actually count as Spanish. 

Oh then yeah. That’s bizarre.

Agree. Feels like an oversight then.