When will we get an option to see total career goals in records?

Charly

BE nice if it wasnt stuck showing league goals only in pretty much everywhere from player and club records?

Would be nice to be able to see total goals (and I know real players dont have this breakdown for past seasons).

I know you can add in the career goal field on scouting and squad screens, so the data is in there.

Also be nice to see a league table of top goal scorers by club

I agree, and I think it's been suggested in the feature requests sections a few times already. The counter argument is that the researchers would have had to do a major overhaul of all the players who have ever been in the database, search up and update for each and everyone to make sure the data is correct. Also, what would count? Would all cup competitions? FIFA World Club Cup too? Supercups? The pre-season "cups"? Where do you draw the line?

For the record I'm not disagreeing, just playing the devil's advocate for a minute. Seems like a whole lot of work for very little gain, but as I said, I'd like to see it too.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

I agree, and I think it's been suggested in the feature requests sections a few times already. The counter argument is that the researchers would have had to do a major overhaul of all the players who have ever been in the database, search up and update for each and everyone to make sure the data is correct. Also, what would count? Would all cup competitions? FIFA World Club Cup too? Supercups? The pre-season "cups"? Where do you draw the line?

For the record I'm not disagreeing, just playing the devil's advocate for a minute. Seems like a whole lot of work for very little gain, but as I said, I'd like to see it too.

There's already an inconsistency with data from the researchers and what's shown in game though. Brazilian state leagues count for those pages in-game, but not for researchers. So you have weird things like Neymar only showing 1 app for Santos in 2013 (a pet peeve of mine is players having a very low number of apps in a new season before a transfer), despite playing a full state league season before his move to Barca (18 games + 12 goals). Any in-game players that do something similar would show the full 19 apps + 12 goals, but Neymar doesn't. So if there's going to be an inconsistency there anyway, why can't there be other ones? Not to mention things like assists, cards etc. aren't tracked at all for historic seasons, so it's not a massive jump to just not having cups etc. for historic seasons either but still showing the in-game ones.

As for what would count, all competitive appearances. Basically just make the current overall that only shows up if you click on an individual year the standard one shown.

@OP it's something I've wanted for a LONG time too. I'm pretty sure I've requested it in the feature requests section as well. At the very least I'd like it as an option. I'd even download a custom skin to show it if anybody knows of one!

On 25/09/2023 at 08:30, XaW said:

FMM has had it in there for years. Existing players don't get existing tallies, they start counting from the moment the game starts. International goals are counted separately and only goals from official competitions count.

I've always felt that to be just right. So kudos to @Marc Vaughan I guess 😂