The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Miles said this is the most polished version of FM in his opinion and much of the team is already working on FM25...

So no reason why you can't press that button right now Miles!

I ran the numbers for the beta to come out today it will only have to come out 2 days earlier than it has the last 2 years. Other than 2020 which had other circumstances affect it the trend has been almost 3 weeks of beta. Now it's time for the first full 3 week beta PXL_20231016_083518657.thumb.jpg.c7990dd796574bde49131e28a9e14c7e.jpg

Forgive me not labeling the columns. 

A game release date B day of the week C beta release D day of the week E number of days prior to release 

I know the cousin of the wife of the window cleaner at SI's offices.  They overheard Miles saying something about pressing a button,

Just saying.

For legal reasons, the above statement may or may not be a complete fabrication.  Also, beer is good.

Just now, nunch98 said:

I ran the numbers for the beta to come out today it will only have to come out 2 days earlier than it has the last 2 years. Other than 2020 which had other circumstances affect it the trend has been almost 3 weeks of beta. Now it's time for the first full 3 week beta PXL_20231016_083518657.thumb.jpg.c7990dd796574bde49131e28a9e14c7e.jpg

Forgive me not labeling the columns. 

A game release date B day of the week C beta release D day of the week E number of days prior to release 

Miles are you seeing this? Make it happen please

Just now, kevhamster said:

I know the cousin of the wife of the window cleaner at SI's offices.  They overheard Miles saying something about pressing a button,

Just saying.

For legal reasons, the above statement may or may not be a complete fabrication.  Also, beer is good.

What about the Greg's guy?

3 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

I didn't know he's called Francesc. I thought it was just Cesc

Francesc Fabregas Soler to give him his full name. I also used to love signing him after he’d gone to Barca, then I would say “I'm bringing Cescy back”

Just now, gunner86 said:

Francesc Fabregas Soler to give him his full name. I also used to love signing him after he’d gone to Barca, then I would say “I'm bringing Cescy back”

take it to the chorus

34 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

He manages to win pretty much everything though, so he can't be as bad as that!

Mind you, I'm effing terrible at FM so I'm probably not the best judge.

I do wonder if he will IF the AI improvents to squad building are all they claim to be.

He ends up winning because it gets to a point if you buy better players it's impossible not to.

1 minute ago, Kew1n89 said:

Most important things too remember today when the beta buttom is pressed. 
Survival kit, beers, popcorn, vacation , send wife out of the home.. 

LETS GO! 

I don't have a wife.

I do have a girlfriend though, but she does live 140 miles away so not sure what I do in my situation.

Please advise.

13 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I don't have a wife.

I do have a girlfriend though, but she does live 140 miles away so not sure what I do in my situation.

Please advise.

I don't think I seen this answered. How does everyone's partner feel about their game of choice being a mix of outlook, excel and the occasional football match?

Mine doesn't understand it, she says it would just remind her of work.

3 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

I don't think I seen this answered. How does everyone's partner feel about their game of choice being a mix of outlook, excel and the occasional football match?

Mine doesnt care, Think shes just hapy with unlimited access to the TV. However she has no interest when I explain my latest tactical success. She just says "Oh, Right" :D while still looking at said TV

Edited by KillYourIdols

4 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

Mine seems to think I'll grow out of it, 37 now, been playing since Champ Manager 97/98..... still be here at 67 (hopefully)

EDIT: She means the above in jest, she doesn't understand it either and doesn't care that I play it.

Edited by hm86

4 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

In terms of time of day for BETA release, is it usually late afternoon/early evening?

In the very small bit of research I done it seems 11.57am to 8pm is the timeframe 

11 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

Mine doesn’t care. Gives her the free choice of what’s on TV. Unless there’s an Arsenal/England match or the World Cup, or Euros, or F1 on

12 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

My girlfriend is an even bigger nerd than I am so she's cool with it.  She loves a spreadsheet.  And yes, I'm being absolutely deadly serious for once.

3 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

My girlfriend is an even bigger nerd than I am so she's cool with it.  She loves a spreadsheet.  And yes, I'm being absolutely deadly serious for once.

Fictional girlfriends are the best

Just a little note to you all. By now we have hidden enough posts to already lose half a page.

It's going to be busy in this thread this week. Make sure to keep it clean and cool. Don't be the one that makes the thread lose pages to hidden posts.

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Mine doesnt care, Think shes just hapy with unlimited access to the TV. However she has no interest when I explain my latest tactical success. She just says "Oh, Right" :D while still looking at said TV

I can 100% relate to that, my misses does the same. You would think they would be interested :D.

Every year when fm is released, she always says well its nice knowing you :D, and she will look forward to finding bits of paper in my trouser pockets, and around the house with formations and transfer targets on haha.

Edited by sedge11

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

Just a little note to you all. By now we have hidden enough posts to already lose half a page.

It's going to be busy in this thread this week. Make sure to keep it clean and cool. Don't be the one that makes the thread lose pages to hidden posts.

Thank you.

You'll not have to be busy long, beta tonight :brock:

6 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Thank you.

Very important message here.  The mods allow a bit of leeway with the silliness on the post, so it's important we don't abuse that.  Let's keep it cool, keep it Gregg's steak bake and keep it Chuck Norris.

31 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

Mine plays with me and loves it. She’s anxiously awaiting the beta so she can start a new Chelsea save.

after dominating with Arsenal and then Everton until the year 2042 in FM 23, and then taking Sunderland to the mountaintop, she’s itching for some FM 24 

My lady is the absolute best 

33 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

When I told her the beta might drop today she just looked at me and said "why don't they just announce a day it's being released" pffft woman where's the fun in that!

2 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

When I told her the beta might drop today she just looked at me and said "why don't they just announce a day it's being released" pffft woman where's the fun in that!

I've been pretending it came out a week ago and not had my laptop out, just to get brownie points

3 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Smart gal right there