The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Further to Lollujo's tweet, he also tweeted this...

image.png.a352f4a669ac682ca7b8561473b21c3f.png

So, they all knew it wasn't going to be yesterday or sooner, so clearly the devs also knew. What was wrong with someone from SI informing all of us about this instead of the endless days of speculation and annoyance on here? Poor, poor show. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So, they all knew it wasn't going to be yesterday or sooner, so clearly the devs also knew. What was wrong with someone from SI informing all of us about this instead of the endless days of speculation and annoyance on here? Poor, poor show. 

Shhhhhh

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

But they've said circa 2 weeks...if people want to speculate 3 weeks before that's not really SI's problem imo

Also worth pointing out that the YouTubers couldn't state that it wouldn't be out before today, as I guess this could have also breached their NDAs?

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Probably because that sets a precedent in terms of future beta releases. If they come out and said "it's not today", then every single day next year from October 1st onwards there will be screeching herds on twitter/reddit/here/steam demanding to know.

Edited by SuperRedditch

Hype, pretty much. 

We had over 100 members on this thread throughout the day, although it seems to have backfired and turned into negative attention now!

I do agree, Neil Brocks "Today is not that day" was quite useful in previous editions. 

8 minutes ago, enorme_momo said:

I'm a lurker since monday...

since I'm becoming crazy because of the wait I decided to join you all in this...

Hello, welcome. have you liked the opening post? That's obligatory, also a couple of Chuck Norris jokes / gifs wouldn't go amiss.

Just now, Chris21 said:

But they've said circa 2 weeks...if people want to speculate 3 weeks before that's not really SI's problem imo

Maybe not, but a 163 page thread where the mods have had to do endless warnings and deletions could all have been avoided with one simple message, even if just on here. 

It does seem like a bit of an odd situation in my opinion, I guess for some it builds hype but for others, it'll annoy. 

They'll always quote the party of line of saying they only ever promise two weeks before launch.  SI don't fuel this speculation themselves, it's something we all do off our own backs.  I imagine they probably get a bit exasperated by it all.

Agree on this. And what kind of a leash does SI keep these youtubers on when they have to put out statements because they might have said something wrong 

giphy.gif

Just now, SuperRedditch said:

Probably because that sets a precendent in terms of future beta releases. If they come out and said "it's not today", then every single day next year from August 1st onwards there will be screeching herds on twitter/reddit/here/steam demanding to know.

Changed that for you :brock:

Just now, kevhamster said:

They'll always quote the party of line of saying they only ever promise two weeks before launch.  SI don't fuel this speculation themselves, it's something we all do off our own backs.  I imagine they probably get a bit exasperated by it all.

And we're damn good at it!

1 minute ago, davehanson said:

Hopefully today. Am on holiday to Spain from Saturday for the half term week. Would love to get the game installed and set up, then I can picture myself sitting by the pool, drinking Pina Colada’s while playing FM24. Perfect.

Beta save with a Spanish team then?

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm actually glad they didn't tell us as this thread would make no sense otherwise 

Maybe not, but a 163 page thread where the mods have had to do endless warnings and deletions could all have been avoided with one simple message, even if just on here. 

Them not denying or confirming the release is half the fun

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's deliberate. They use the guesswork to create hype. It's easy marketing. It makes FM trend on twitter and they get loads of engagement on their socials from people asking about Beta 

Edited by trevjim

Just now, bigmattb28 said:

Them not denying or confirming the release is half the fun

Not sure the mods see it that way after the last few days. This thread was a basket case of a thread yesterday. It could all have been avoided, that's all I'm saying. 

it's totally logical that the beta release is planned after the end of the embargo...but do you guys thinks SI have already things packed and ready, and know the time they will release it or do they still have things to do/check and then they will start the process?

Just now, enorme_momo said:

it's totally logical that the beta release is planned after the end of the embargo...but do you guys thinks SI have already things packed and ready, and know the time they will release it or do they still have things to do/check and then they will start the process?

You lost me at logical