The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, we88y said:

I've spent the last few days trying to pick a team to manage but seeing as it's releasing today I need to hurry up that decision.

What are Italian saves like? I haven't managed there in years and fancy starting with a poor Serie B or a good Serie C team but the work permits and finances of the league put me off a little.

Alternatively, I fancy doing something similar with Germany with those sweet unrestricted squad rules and financial power the Bundesliga gives you when you finally arrive.

I've found Serie A a bit too easy for some reason. FM 22 won the league with Sassuolo first season then got bored second season as I was well ahead in no time

2 minutes ago, AndyEs said:

I've found Serie A a bit too easy for some reason. FM 22 won the league with Sassuolo first season then got bored second season as I was well ahead in no time

You're not doing that without severely exploiting the game somewhere and/or saving and reloading. Sorry, but that's just facts. 

3 minutes ago, we88y said:

I've spent the last few days trying to pick a team to manage but seeing as it's releasing today I need to hurry up that decision.

What are Italian saves like? I haven't managed there in years and fancy starting with a poor Serie B or a good Serie C team but the work permits and finances of the league put me off a little.

Alternatively, I fancy doing something similar with Germany with those sweet unrestricted squad rules and financial power the Bundesliga gives you when you finally arrive.

I'm giving an Italian save a go this year. Going with Catania, I have my custom kits made and ready to go. I'm still also considering ACR Messina, another Sicilian club. The south of Italy is very underrepresented in Italian football.

I kind of like the work permit rules. It makes the save a bit more challenging so I can't just hoard S American wonderkids. 

I'm also going to do a save with SC Bastia in Ligue 2 for the Beta. Another island club. Their fans are Corsican nationalists and want autonomy from France. Figured it'd be poetic to win Ligue 1 with them :)

Just now, Milk Enjoyer said:

I'm giving an Italian save a go this year. Going with Catania, I have my custom kits made and ready to go. I'm still also considering ACR Messina, another Sicilian club. The south of Italy is very underrepresented in Italian football.

I kind of like the work permit rules. It makes the save a bit more challenging so I can't just hoard S American wonderkids. 

I'm also going to do a save with SC Bastia in Ligue 2 for the Beta. Another island club. Their fans are Corsican nationalists and want autonomy from France. Figured it'd be poetic to win Ligue 1 with them :)

On Reddit I seen a fun idea of signing the sons of players who played in Italy in the 90's 00's . Would be great for some story as well

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You're not doing that without severely exploiting the game somewhere and/or saving and reloading. Sorry, but that's just facts. 

Are you going to say that when I take Luton to the Champions League with no signings? 😉

I've loved Italian careers in recent years. Super competitive league with numerous teams who can challenge for the title, lots of exciting world class players now (Leao, Kvara, Maignan etc etc).

My favourite save was taking Palermo to Serie winners and CL contenders.

Just now, nunch98 said:

On Reddit I seen a fun idea of signing the sons of players who played in Italy in the 90's 00's . Would be great for some story as well

We were linked with Van Hoijdonk's lad pre-season. He plays in Italy now, not sure if his dad did? 

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

He probably will yes

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I know for a fact you play the game the proper way, so, no. :D

I stand corrected.

Just when I think I've got him figured out.

5 minutes ago, Milk Enjoyer said:

Coppa Italia puts me off Italy 

1 minute ago, Milk Enjoyer said:

I also pick teams based on their location and for that reason have been considering Triestina which has an interesting background due to its geography or some Sicilian / Southern clubs. I have concerns that trying to get out of Serie C may make the save more painful than enjoyable and for that reason a lower-level Serie B club may be better.

I do appreciate that you can't hoard South American wonder kids but I've just come off a save with a similar situation that felt really frustrating at times.

Good luck with your save!