Best way to rebuild a LLM team?

I've been figuring out something that has bugging me out in recent months, I love trying to find those hidden gems but then without warning, I end up losing money as I remove players' bonuses but I'm slightly generous with some of the terms they want but still, it drains the transfer budget get I'm less likely to win trophies. I've got an example I was MK Dons got a decent squad and managed to get them promoted in my first full season after I lost the playoffs after joining them in 2029/30 season then a a few seasons later I won the Papa Johns Trophy but then that's when things went Pete Tong, I hardly know any of the players I guess I need to read into the scouting reports before just picking random players which looks good at the time,  but then when it comes down to it, I want to be good at the game instead of pulling my hair ou and smashing my keyboard to bits.

19 minutes ago, thefmveteran86 said:

I've been figuring out something that has bugging me out in recent months, I love trying to find those hidden gems but then without warning, I end up losing money as I remove players' bonuses but I'm slightly generous with some of the terms they want but still, it drains the transfer budget get I'm less likely to win trophies. I've got an example I was MK Dons got a decent squad and managed to get them promoted in my first full season after I lost the playoffs after joining them in 2029/30 season then a a few seasons later I won the Papa Johns Trophy but then that's when things went Pete Tong, I hardly know any of the players I guess I need to read into the scouting reports before just picking random players which looks good at the time,  but then when it comes down to it, I want to be good at the game instead of pulling my hair ou and smashing my keyboard to bits.

So what is the problem exactly? You've explained that you are generous with money, so if that's the main issue, here's the answer - be less generous and don't offer bonuses for winning trophies unless you are a Premier League team.

21 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

So what is the problem exactly? You've explained that you are generous with money, so if that's the main issue, here's the answer - be less generous and don't offer bonuses for winning trophies unless you are a Premier League team.

I mean I do tend to get rid of some of the bonuses the players I want to buy and expecting for these targets to be firing on all cylinders straight of the bat

I'm not an expert in championship/league one finances, but it's totally possible to sign free players on 'moderate' wages. I mean, if you know that you can't/won't give them a hefty bonus for a promotion/league cup, offer higher weekly wage or appearance fee.

It's not like you're a top European team, and you have to fight for good players to join.

8 hours ago, thefmveteran86 said:

I mean I do tend to get rid of some of the bonuses the players I want to buy and expecting for these targets to be firing on all cylinders straight of the bat

You've answered some of your own questions without realising it.

Your scout reports should be the first port of call when looking at new players.  If a player isn't scouted, you're going in blind unless you have something like the in-game editor.

Also, any transfers will have some impact on squad dynamics - the more signings you make, the more the dynamics will be hit.  You can't sign a large number of players and expect the team to hit the ground running.  It takes time for them to gel.

LLM tips:

- 1 or 2 year contracts because everyone is replaceable by someone better

- if someone wants high wages, ditch them and look for another player just as good

- simple tactics for simple players

- try to go far in the cups to try and get an away match against a "big 6"

- sell players with future transfer clauses, you never know

I don't understand the problem.

You are losing money because of you promises of promotion money...

how much are you offering these players? I always keep it to a minimum and I'm doing fine. Heck, it's a cheat code, since a lot of the bonusses are inviable, such as international appearance.