FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I mean, I know hairstyles for FM newgens have been a bit cringe for a while now, but there's one in game this year that takes the biscuit, and you can probably all guess what it is. It's taken over from the mohican as the most stupid newgen hairstyle, and somehow it looks even worse in the 3D engine. Ladies and gentlemen, step forward and witness the Hair Bear Bunch* hairstyle. 

image.png.ba627917a2b45bc61c753036a5a370a0.png

image.png.1ac419e80f1b1fc7b5dbf3ca62624eca.png

I mean, really SI? Really??

*Ask yer dad. 

Christ. Profile pic looks like something from a horror film. Man's just been jumped from behind by carnivorous popcorn.

13 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I mean, I know hairstyles for FM newgens have been a bit cringe for a while now, but there's one in game this year that takes the biscuit, and you can probably all guess what it is. It's taken over from the mohican as the most stupid newgen hairstyle, and somehow it looks even worse in the 3D engine. Ladies and gentlemen, step forward and witness the Hair Bear Bunch* hairstyle. 

*Ask yer dad. 

Plays for Versailles Palace, that lad

36 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

*Ask yer dad. 

Rolled on a floor.. laughing. :D

14 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Am i missing it or is there no way to change/designate Throw In Takers? Slowly but surely getting annoyed about my left Wingback taking (short!) throws on the right side.

You can assign left and right side throw in takers. Click on the throw in takers name in at the top left, and this will bring up a window allowing you to choose different takers for left and right. 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

*Ask yer dad. 

Good to see Scotland has reached 1971!

Small sample, only about 7 games in. I use key highlights, and I don’t recall a keeper making a proper save for either side. It’s either a goal, missed target shot, or keeper catches a high ball from floaty header. No one on ones or on target shots saved 

41 minutes ago, Wizard boy said:

The ME is a bit choppy at times. I had to lower graphics and I have a pretty powerful pc with 4080 card. hoping the one next year with the new engine is smoother. Do like the look of the ME though. 

Thats not right... a 4080 should have 0 issues with this game... 

1 hour ago, Phil930 said:

Small sample, only about 7 games in. I use key highlights, and I don’t recall a keeper making a proper save for either side. It’s either a goal, missed target shot, or keeper catches a high ball from floaty header. No one on ones or on target shots saved 

Gk’s are making some great saves for me. Perhaps a bit too much goals still, but no problem with saves here. 

25 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Thats not right... a 4080 should have 0 issues with this game... 

it’ll run okay then is choppy for a few seconds. Even though I’ve lowered graphics to high and still does it. I am curious as to what it’ll look like with the new engine. Will it be similar to what we have but far more detail or similar to fifa. 

2 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

The ME is a bit choppy at times. I had to lower graphics and I have a pretty powerful pc with 4080 card. hoping the one next year with the new engine is smoother. Do like the look of the ME though. 

Close down any webpages or anything else that uses graphic card resources in the background. Find that affects my game

2 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

it’ll run okay then is choppy for a few seconds. Even though I’ve lowered graphics to high and still does it. I am curious as to what it’ll look like with the new engine. Will it be similar to what we have but far more detail or similar to fifa. 

Is the laptop plugged in?

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

*Ask yer dad. 

My personal assistant must go to the same barber shop.  I'd fire him for that haircut if I could....

Hair.png

Just now, daveh83 said:

getting sick of players being unhappy over the slightest thing, then when I sell him another player picks up his reason for being unhappy and then it all starts again!! can't win a game now cos of unhappy players, its a joke

We'll have the in game editor in a week. Then it can be corrected with the click of a button.

5 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

I've got the same issue with a 4090 here. maybe its an nvidia thing.

7 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

This worked for me . 

NVIDIA Control Panel

- Manage 3D Settings (choose your NVIDIA Card)
- Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Threaded Optimization: On
- Triple Buffering: Off
- Vertical Sync: Off
- Structure Filter - Trilinear Optimization: Off
- Structure filter - Quality: High Performance

I always thought that it's the video adboards that are the culprit though 

7 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

I have a Lenovo PC and Nvidia high end graphics card with all the new drivers downloaded and it's still choppy every so often. It doesn't matter what machine you have, it will occasionally stutter. The ME is just terribly optimised, it doesn't know whether you are playing on a toaster or a supercomputer. 

10 minutes ago, w3t said:

Matches are a bit dull. Way too much passing in the back because the other team is not pressing (intelligently) enough and exposing themselves. It feels like any teams can get 90% pass completion in a match on a good day.

Not a single team in the top leagues has under 84% pass completion. That is highly unrealistic:

passcompletionbundesligaingame.PNG.dc67fc8b800467c76613424261603a4b.PNG

pass completion bundesliga.PNG

pass completion la liga.PNG

pass completion la liga ingame.PNG

pass completion premier league.PNG

pass completion premier league ingame.PNG

In my LLM save imported from FM 23, my center back went from 66% in FM23 to 86% passing in FM24. and no, it wasn't from clearances/hoof ball because we ranked one of the poorest in the league from clearing the ball, as that wasn't a part of our tactic.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

4 hours ago, priority76 said:

We'll have the in game editor in a week. Then it can be corrected with the click of a button.

The £6-7 on top of the cost of the game in game editor? To fix problems with the game?

Anyway i know fewer injuries than real life football etc but the goalkeeper injury hing is being looked at right? Teams frequently losing their starting keeper every season so far, Just not a thing irl.

1 hour ago, w3t said:

Matches are a bit dull. Way too much passing in the back because the other team is not pressing (intelligently) enough and exposing themselves. It feels like any teams can get 90% pass completion in a match on a good day.

Not a single team in the top leagues has under 84% pass completion. That is highly unrealistic:

passcompletionbundesligaingame.PNG.dc67fc8b800467c76613424261603a4b.PNG

pass completion bundesliga.PNG

pass completion la liga.PNG

pass completion la liga ingame.PNG

pass completion premier league.PNG

pass completion premier league ingame.PNG

Report it then in bugs forum

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

In my LLM save imported from FM 23, my center back went from 66% in FM23 to 86% passing in FM24. and no, it wasn't from clearances/hoof ball because we ranked one of the poorest in the league from clearing the ball, as that wasn't a part of our tactic.

I can endorse that. Here's my (imported FM23 file) lower league's end of season possession stats - all quite normal. But look at the successful passing stats - unrealistic. I've been playing a direct counterattack tactic and none of my opponents have been exactly tiki-taka (they are tier 10 amateur sides):

Div 3 av poss end of season.jpg

Edited by phnompenhandy

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

This is from my bug report and I think it just makes passing accuracy differences even more glaringly wrong. 

L1 team Vs ManU in FA cup

image.png.024e7f229246da1e821ade586697a870.png

You would think world class team would win passing stats a bit more. :D

14 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

This is from my bug report and I think it just makes passing accuracy differences even more glaringly wrong. 

L1 team Vs ManU in FA cup

[snip]

You would think world class team would win passing stats a bit more. :D

A world class team should, but that's Man United :brock:

I don't like that you can set Match Preparation Focus only on the exact one day you receive the notification in the inbox. If you're using Continue Game Timeout, you'll very easily sim right past it. It should be possible to set the focus for the upcoming game right after the previous match and up until the hour the actual Match Focus training takes place.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Is there at least one person in the world who needs in-game Twitter? But this function probably wastes resources when generating new days? 

Edited by Novem9

These are minor points, but:

• Has a penalty been disallowed after VAR check in your saves yet? I'm two full seasons in, and haven't seen a single penalty call disallowed by VAR. Sort of breaks the game immersion and the anxiety/excitement I should be feeling once a ref is called to VAR. Especially since IRL, if a penalty is allowed and the ref is called for a VAR check, it usually means there's something important he has missed, therefore the penalty rarely will stand. Seems to be the entire opposite in FM.
  • Why does a highlight pop up, just for nothing to happen for 10 seconds... Because the team doctors are on the pitch to carry someone out? Why in the world would I need to see that? It just makes the highlight start off "wonky" as I keep wondering if the game broke down.