How exactly does Transfer range values work

Must say I am old school when it can mes to FM and cannot get used to the ranges used when looking for players, but with FM24 looking absolutely fantastic and a new computer days away, I'm going to make FM24 a game I play as much as FM18.

Butnthose value ranges, I see Jay Stansfield is valued between £15-46M. So let's say I'm going throughplayers, would love put in a bid for the lowest amount £15 and go from there? Why exactly is there a range?

Alternatively, is there a mod that will remove it and go back to the older fixed value?

It's an estimate and a rough guideline and has never been anything else, who cares if it's one single value or a range? Trust your own judgement regardless. But when buying it's of course more reasonable to aim at the low estimate at first.

I think the value range addition was one of the most pointless in recent years. It took a very basic concept and just overcomplicated it by adding even more variables & it's never never accurate anyway.

One of many parts of the game that has become cluttered & unnessesery IMO.

Edited by nb9

25 minutes ago, Vänsterback said:

It's an estimate and a rough guideline and has never been anything else, who cares if it's one single value or a range? Trust your own judgement regardless. But when buying it's of course more reasonable to aim at the low estimate at first.

This. I've sold players for many times the estimated value, bought player way below, but also struggled to sell for the value and had to pay a premium. It's just to give the manager a baseline of what to expect, but there circumstances in each case will impact it up or down. Use it as a guideline, and know that if you get offers higher then you should consider it carefully, as well as get an idea of what you would expect to pay for a player, but it's not a guarantee for either.