Anyone else find the estimated game speed a lot worse FM24?

It may be worth checking the detail level after you've set the game up. There might be more competitions running in a higher detail level, but it is an estimate and so should only serve as a loose guide. 80-90,000 players has been rated as 2 star for each year since I got this PC (during the year FM22 was current) so its consistent for me but there weren't really any issues with processing speeds running a DB of that size even 30+ years into the future.

9 hours ago, angelo994 said:

My estimated gamespeed is only 2 stars with a database size of 69,000 players. Seems off to me.

Yes. I loaded the same number of leagues as in FM23 and it showed like 0,5-1 stars slower than in FM23. I think there are more players by default in FM24. Ingame tho, FM24 feels a little bit faster I think.

Edited by Dreambuilder

I've never found the star rating very accurate. For the last couple of years I've loaded up around 50 leagues and 130k players and despite only having half a star - it's run fine.

FM24, though I'm only still in pre-season, seems to be running quicker than 23.

5 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

Yes. I loaded the same number of leagues as in FM23 and it showed like 0,5-1 stars slower than in FM23. I think there are more players by default in FM24. Ingame tho, FM24 feels a little bit faster I think.

There are. Same setup of Top2 leagues playable for Eng, Ger, Fra, Ita, Spa gives about twice as many players. Italy to Serie B alone adds over 20k players.

Lower star rating setting up a game using my normal set up for FM24 (1.5 stars v 2 stars) which is presumably due to the increase in players versus FM23 (88k v 84k). However, FM24 actual processing speed has improved significantly for me:

I decided to see what the FM24 improvement was over a full year using my normal set up. I created a new career save in FM23 with 18 nations, 29 playable leagues, small database and default detail settings. The game started in the Premier League on 27/6/22; with default detail settings All Competitive fixtures in Premier League were played using the full match engine. The Add/Remove Leagues indicated an approximate player count of 84000 and game speed of 2 stars.

Holidaying for a full year in FM23 took 1hr 57 mins 0 sec and the approximate player count after a year had risen by 3000 to 87000 with game speed still showing as 2 stars.

I then imported the initial game set up file into FM24 and holidaying for a year only took 1hr 37 min 35 sec - an impressive 16.6% improvement. Player count had risen to 87000 and game speed still 2 stars, as per FM23 test.

Really impressed with this level of improvement over a full year.

1 hour ago, mhaffy said:

Lower star rating setting up a game using my normal set up for FM24 (1.5 stars v 2 stars) which is presumably due to the increase in players versus FM23 (88k v 84k). However, FM24 actual processing speed has improved significantly for me:

I decided to see what the FM24 improvement was over a full year using my normal set up. I created a new career save in FM23 with 18 nations, 29 playable leagues, small database and default detail settings. The game started in the Premier League on 27/6/22; with default detail settings All Competitive fixtures in Premier League were played using the full match engine. The Add/Remove Leagues indicated an approximate player count of 84000 and game speed of 2 stars.

Holidaying for a full year in FM23 took 1hr 57 mins 0 sec and the approximate player count after a year had risen by 3000 to 87000 with game speed still showing as 2 stars.

I then imported the initial game set up file into FM24 and holidaying for a year only took 1hr 37 min 35 sec - an impressive 16.6% improvement. Player count had risen to 87000 and game speed still 2 stars, as per FM23 test.

Really impressed with this level of improvement over a full year.

Cool! Big thanks for testing and putting numbers on the difference! :thup:

37 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

Cool! Big thanks for testing and putting numbers on the difference! :thup:

Thanks. I’m still running a 7 year old pc (i7 7700, 16gb ram) so newer rigs would run equivalent set up far quicker…

43 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Thanks. I’m still running a 7 year old pc (i7 7700, 16gb ram) so newer rigs would run equivalent set up far quicker…

Thats extra interesting to me because I got exactly the same rig haha. Getting a new one on monday tho because the newer processors seems to give like double speed according to the great benchmark thread!

Edited by Dreambuilder

40 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

Thats extra interesting to me because I got exactly the same rig haha. Getting a new one on monday tho!

Small world lol..,I’m planning on keeping my current rig until nearer the end of windows 10 support in 2025 - current rig not compatible with windows 11. I will then buy near top end set up and hopefully sweat that for about 7-8 years… Hoping current rig will cope with FM25…

Enjoy new pc… looking forward to you posting specs and performance increase.

Edited by mhaffy

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2023 at 18:46, angelo994 said:

My estimated gamespeed is only 2 stars with a database size of 69,000 players. Seems off to me.

I noticed something weird. I was creating saves last week and my estimated speed was in 3.5 stars with some 47000-49000 players. Now this week I tried to create similar size save (in number of leagues) and my estimated game speed tanked to like 1.5 star. And the number of players went up a lot! Now its over 80 000! Where did all these players come from when its basically the same leagues. Did they change the database. I am using medium sized database both times. Also weirdly my FM23 save that I load has even more more leagues and its at about 53 000  players in database but shows 3 star estimated performance. Something does not add up here. 

19 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

I noticed something weird. I was creating saves last week and my estimated speed was in 3.5 stars with some 47000-49000 players. Now this week I tried to create similar size save (in number of leagues) and my estimated game speed tanked to like 1.5 star. And the number of players went up a lot! Now its over 80 000! Where did all these players come from when its basically the same leagues. Did they change the database. I am using medium sized database both times. Also weirdly my FM23 save that I load has even more more leagues and its at about 53 000  players in database but shows 3 star estimated performance. Something does not add up here. 

What game mode? 

12 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

What game mode? 

Your World. So shouldn't matter. I think "Real World" is the one that increases player count. But I have been doing some reading and it seems that 1.5 or even 1 game speed rating is still faster in FM24 than 3 star was in FM23. Seems like the game is just better optimized even if it warns that it might be slow. Never went below 3 stars in my previous games but this year might have no choice but try 1 star with 82 000 players. Probably sign that I need to get a new computer soon :)

Edited by crusadertsar

4 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Your World. So shouldn't matter. I think "Real World" is the one that increases player count. But I have been doing some reading and it seems that 1.5 or even 1 game speed rating is still faster in FM24 than 3 star was in FM23. Seems like the game is just better optimized even if it warns that it might be slow. Never went below 3 stars in my previous games but this year might have no choice but try 1 star with 82 000 players. Probably sign that I need to get a new computer soon :)

Your World also has significantly more players than original. Both Real World and Your World have huge player numbers. Don't know why, but that seems to be the case. Stops me from usimg either, as my set up has 135k to 150k players, and both of those modes hit 200k which just kills the speed. 

6 minutes ago, DrIgz said:

Your World also has significantly more players than original. Both Real World and Your World have huge player numbers. Don't know why, but that seems to be the case. Stops me from usimg either, as my set up has 135k to 150k players, and both of those modes hit 200k which just kills the speed. 

Yeah I just noticed that! Loaded same leagues on Originial and got only 50 000 something players and 3 stars! What the hell?! I really don't get it. In game description it says that only "Real World" should have higher player numbers and does not mention Your World. You would assume that Your World would be closer to Original in size.

The game is much faster than FM23 if you cross check the same set up in FM24... I thought this was established fact, I'm amazed by it to be honest plus upgraded my laptop so I feel like I'm living in 2054... which I will be in a lot less time than FM23 :)