De Bruyne hates Man City

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Bug Tracker or not, but...

In my Man City save (FM24) I've just finished my first season, and won the Premier League. Kevin De Bruyne was injured until around mid-December - but when he came back he played almost every game and still managed to get 19 assists, in half a season.

I have come to renew his contract in summer, as he only has one year left now, and it says he has absolutely no interest in renewing his contract. A Saudi Club are interested in him, but it is said that he has no interest in going there either.

I just don't understand why he suddenly hates Man City and won't discuss a new contract. He's a legend at City!

Has anybody else had this with De Bruyne? Or another player where it just doesn't make sense for him to not be interested in renewing?

15 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

If you think it could be a bug, just post it in the bug tracker.  It could be a bug, or it could just be he wants something different for the tail end of his career.

Yeah - they get a bit aggy when you post something that isn't actually a bug though, so was going to see what people thought before doing it.

1 minute ago, greenz81 said:

Is De Bruyne giving you a reason for not signing? 'Exploring options?'

Nothing at all - just says he has absolutely no interest in renewing his contract. 

1 hour ago, marcMCFC1986 said:

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Bug Tracker or not, but...

In my Man City save (FM24) I've just finished my first season, and won the Premier League. Kevin De Bruyne was injured until around mid-December - but when he came back he played almost every game and still managed to get 19 assists, in half a season.

I have come to renew his contract in summer, as he only has one year left now, and it says he has absolutely no interest in renewing his contract. A Saudi Club are interested in him, but it is said that he has no interest in going there either.

I just don't understand why he suddenly hates Man City and won't discuss a new contract. He's a legend at City!

Has anybody else had this with De Bruyne? Or another player where it just doesn't make sense for him to not be interested in renewing?

That is not an unrealistic situation at all. Most players put themselves first above their club 

25 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

That is not an unrealistic situation at all. Most players put themselves first above their club 

I agree - but to not even want to discuss it. You'd think I've had him training with the reserves all season!

I dont understand these complaints. 

is it likely to happen IRL? Probably not. But can it happen? Sure. Of course it can. It has before.

its a video game, after you start everything in the future can happen. It may be de bruyne in your save, it may be Benzema (last year) in real life. Who saw that one coming just off winning the bdo? 

again, if it happens a lot and u see it happens w de bruyne and others and others, then maybe its a bug and needs to get fixed. But this is just sumtin that happened to you in your save maybe? Bad luck. Also realistic. 

Even if it may happen, the game should still give you better feedback as to why it is happening. Sure, de Bruyne might want something different, perhaps he is after juicy Saudi money, he could be considering retirement at that age, but then he should actually say so during attempted negotiations. Normally it at least gives you some reason, so for the OP to get shut down like this by de Bruyne is a bit strange to say the least.

17 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Even if it may happen, the game should still give you better feedback as to why it is happening. Sure, de Bruyne might want something different, perhaps he is after juicy Saudi money, he could be considering retirement at that age, but then he should actually say so during attempted negotiations. Normally it at least gives you some reason, so for the OP to get shut down like this by de Bruyne is a bit strange to say the least.

Gotcha. Youre right about that. 

58 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

again, if it happens a lot and u see it happens w de bruyne and others and others, then maybe its a bug and needs to get fixed. 

1) It wasn't a complaint.

2) This is literally the question I asked: "Has anybody else had this with De Bruyne? Or another player where it just doesn't make sense for him to not be interested in renewing?" - I asked this to find out if it's happening a lot with others so I know whether or not it is a bug. 

49 minutes ago, marcMCFC1986 said:

2) This is literally the question I asked: "Has anybody else had this with De Bruyne? Or another player where it just doesn't make sense for him to not be interested in renewing?" - I asked this to find out if it's happening a lot with others so I know whether or not it is a bug. 

Despite what you said, SI don't get narky about posting things which you think may be a bug.  Which is why I'd suggest just reporting it and uploading your save so they can look into it.

8 hours ago, marcMCFC1986 said:

Youre right. Sorry if I came across like an asshole. What I mean is sometimes it seems we bring everything to the board without considering if its just the game being random at times, which is also realistic. 

OK - so, update:

Last night I tried to renew his contract again and this time (it definitely didn't say this before) it said he was waiting until after the European Championships before considering his options. I waited until after the Euro's (which Poland won :confused:) and he came to the table and negotiated a new contract. Only 12 months (which is City's policy) but since he is a 5* player at 33 years-old (he was only a 4 and a half star player last season, so he's actually improved) it's a no brainer to give him a new contract.

So, I guess it wasn't a bug, as such - but it is a little bit buggy that previously it had said that he just had no interest in negotiating but didn't say why! It wasn't until during the Euro's that it came up saying he was waiting until after the tournament finished.

You will often find that senior players who have been at your club for a while will stall on a new deal and want to see what the market holds for them- the upside is that they will also sometimes accept a new deal close to the end of their current deal

This reminds of the lad who came on here to talk about his save and he said that in his game Pep and Kev have an argument and they released him on a free so he was able to pick him up.

The same happened with Klopp and Salah too :lol: 

On 23/10/2023 at 12:32, Dadecane said:

I dont understand these complaints. 

is it likely to happen IRL? Probably not. But can it happen? Sure. Of course it can. It has before.

its a video game, after you start everything in the future can happen. It may be de bruyne in your save, it may be Benzema (last year) in real life. Who saw that one coming just off winning the bdo? 

again, if it happens a lot and u see it happens w de bruyne and others and others, then maybe its a bug and needs to get fixed. But this is just sumtin that happened to you in your save maybe? Bad luck. Also realistic. 

I've always said that FM is realistic until you hit that continue button the first time and after that point although you are still playing a football game and it should follow the rules of football, you should also have in mind that you are playing SI's version of football so you shouldn't expect a 1 to 1 comparison to real life 

20 hours ago, DarJ said:

I've always said that FM is realistic until you hit that continue button the first time and after that point although you are still playing a football game and it should follow the rules of football, you should also have in mind that you are playing SI's version of football so you shouldn't expect a 1 to 1 comparison to real life 

Boo. You kill the magic. We all know this but we still want to believe.

Edited by Kickballz

• Administrators
On 23/10/2023 at 11:13, marcMCFC1986 said:

Yeah - they get a bit aggy when you post something that isn't actually a bug though, so was going to see what people thought before doing it.

Nothing at all - just says he has absolutely no interest in renewing his contract. 

I've dropped you a PM about this - hoping it's a one off occasion!