Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

18 corners in a game with 20 shots at goal. Every blocked cross goes in a corner, every GK save goes in a corner, every blocked shot goes in a corner... It's like corners have a magnet...

image.png.2848eb438af109bd71726b57bc70e211.png

Edited by andu1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, tm91 said:

Coming from FM22, I think the game on a whole is a significant improvement. The Match Engine is much better. I can manage positional play and see fluid tactics in action much more easily. I enjoy a lot of the new additions like the squad planner, supporter vision etc (albeit I know these were also in FM23). However, I've scrapped the long-term save I started because there's two noticeable bugs that is affecting the game:

1) Too many goals. Funnily enough, in my own league (the SPFL) this wasn't manifesting so much as ridiculously high-scoring games as it was a lack of clean sheets. Even Rangers and Celtic were conceding a goal a game, even though their XG against were overall low, which suggests other teams were finishing low-XG chances too consistently. However, I think this might also be linked to the 2nd bug...

2) Inconsistent use of subs. It's not that the AI never makes subs. Sometimes they do - Kilmarnock made 4 against me. But too many times they don't make subs at all, or they only make subs in the last 5 minutes or when someone gets injured. In the Community Shield game, City won 4-3 and Pep made one change, in the 96th minute.

That game I put the screenshots up of, I was 4-0 up at half-time and their team had a rake of 6.1 6.2 all over the pitch - highest was a mid I think on 6.8 - but waited until 70 to make one sub (a defender on 6.1) and then another 2 on 85 (both wingers in a 433 wide). This is Northern Ireland div 2 and I'm not their manager so don't know the quality they had on the bench to be fair, but can see why people get aggrieved about it when sseeing similar in big leagues with known names.

1 hour ago, gavinski33 said:

Who's the user asking for pkms of matches like this? Do they have a particular thread they'd like me to post the pakmans in? Happy to help like but assume more organisation would be better and fairer for the boys and girls working on the game

Bug reports go here:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/

1 minute ago, gavinski33 said:

Yeah i know that but what I mean is would they/SI prefer it all in one dedicated thread rather than me make my own for them to trawl through.

They usually ask for separate ones from separate people reporting, so just create a new one and add as many examples as you can. The more SI have to work with, the better.

Just now, XaW said:

They usually ask for separate ones from separate people reporting, so just create a new one and add as many examples as you can. The more SI have to work with, the better.

Brill, thankyou. I'll play a bit more and put a few in at once rather than just that one game

3 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

There you go. I attached at least 15 pkms there, but there are other thread opened on this subject too.

Mattel is still Under Review - a joke imho.

Added to it, thankyou. Don't want to call it a joke, for as many of us saying its a bit ott theres as many saying it isn't. Hopefully as @XaW said when he replied to me the more evidence the better, this is a game people predominantly play alone and a game with infinite possibilities and outcomes. If you and everyone else on here played with my team on those same 7 fixtures we'd have wildly different results, and somewhere they may well all finish 0-0. Hopefully those of us contributing our matches and saves where we think there's an issue can help SI ascertain whether there is one or not; for me personally yes there is but that doesn't mean that Dave down the road and Corrina round the corner thinks so. 

After 2 week of playing the game, my biggest complain about the game is really the AI Interaction

Feedback: The player interaction system in Football Manager 2024 really needs improvement. 

Suggestion:

• The chance of convince/ compromise player should be higher (70% at highest) and (50% at lowest) based on mental stats
  • Propose target chance should be higher as well (80% at highest) and (60% at lowest) based on mental stats
  • Higher player's patient

My Issue

The most glaring aspect of this problem is the seemingly arbitrary nature of player responses. Despite having high professionalism, the players often react negatively especially in this edition of the game. Most of the discussion with the player always end abruply.

When I saw the feature headline I thought propose target would help me solve the issue. if we give out a target and the players able to did it they will get what they want should the conversation did not go at expected.

In my ideal scenario, players with higher professionalism should be more likely to understand and accept the manager's decisions. Conversely, those with fragile mental attributes or maybe having extreme high ambition might exhibit more resistance, mirroring real-life scenarios where certain players might be more challenging to manage.

While Propose target suppose to be the last line of defense in logic should all of the options available to me is not the same with my current context. If players are able to meet the target I will give him what he want

In real life past few years besides Sancho, Lukaku, Dele Ali, joao cancelo or Pogba (at man utd), how many times an athlete demonstrate he hate the manager and disrupt the dressing room that much? I don't remember much on top of my head. What are the statistic of manager losing the dressing room each year? If I upset a player then there is random chance the entire dressing room angry at me so much not to mention I am winning the league. That should be happen very less often.

The last part which is player receive the answer and then answer back how much they hate my decision and then end the conversation. This type of  2 sentences conversation need to go, they don't even allow me to counter back but most of the time it only make things worse.

I know it too late to develop patient system like when you negotiate salary right now but I hope we can increase the odd successful conversation so that we can set target to develop player better and have more realistic outlook at AI Player interaction.

TLDR

• Higher chance of convince player based on mental stats
  • Propose target should have higher chance succeed based on mental stats

=> This would help to make interaction less frustrating and propose target more make the game more alive. Right now whenever I suggest target they just said they won't do it which is very frustrating.

Please SI at least improve it I literally could not play the game right now and ignore it is near impossible

I've played multiple saves with different teams and here comes some feedback:

I feel like gegenpress-hight tempo-very high defensive line type of tactics work very good. I am now getting very good results with Tottenham, scoring 3 goals per game in Premier League. Highlights or results don't make me scared of counter attacks, fast attacking players of oponents etc. I see no reason to change or adjust to more defensive tactic at all. And when i try to play counter attack I see no reason to stick to it.

Highlights make me feel like my team is taking a lot of corners. With Tottenham I am taking almost 9 corners per game. Oponents number are way lover. I have no idea about real life corner stats.

Animations are really improved. I like watching 3d more than previous years.

2 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

Malcom signs for a Saudi side in real life before the game starts for 51m on a contract until 2027, gets released on a free after one season in game, which part of the improved AI is that? 

TBF it's an inactive league, so it can't really be used as a benchmark for the improved AI compared to the rest.

I eventually stopped playing FM24 for good as i struggled myself through 1 season with my eyes really not coping well with the use of a Dark Skin and i have lost all motivation to proceed further.

There is to much screentime using the UI playing the manager that the visually improved 3D Match does not make for in giving my eyes a needed rest from the dark malaise i am forced to look at so much.

I like the 3D Match way more than in FM23 - the potential in FM24 is big!

Will follow the development to see if the point comes when the hurdles to my motivation are torn down...

For the Moment i will play some Motosportmanager (hey, also a SEGA published game) modded to the current season but to my horror i found out the mod relegates you when placed as worst Team which my custom Team was.

Seems i have to start there at the bottom also but that is even more fun to me.

That thing has not necessarily a Light Skin but it is neither a very Dark Skin but has a still acceptable middleground that is not ideal but endurable a whole while longer than the FM Dark UI.

8 hours ago, craiigman said:

Lots more longshots as well as a result. I was really enjoying the movement and passing in the final third during early access, this does seem like a step backwards. But apparently it's still the same ME, which doesn't feel right.

There is definetly a difference for me, not seeing many if any headers or shots into the ground now, much of the flowing passing moves are away. Long pauses with zero happening until a corner or throw in comes

Play a journeyman save.

Apply for better jobs.

Get offered a contract by a bigger club. Accept it.

Can't continue the game due to a board meeting with my old club about my contract situation. Tell the board that I'm leaving.

Game considers that me handing in my resignation, which then apparently terminates both the contract with my old club and the new contract I just signed. Be told a week later that my interview was "unsuccessful" despite actually being offered the job and accepting it.

Ok, now I'm actually annoyed. Especially as it happened just before my auto save kicked in, so I either replay a month, hope that specific coach gets fired again and I get the job again or just go on holiday applying to any random job because I'm unemployed. :seagull:

Well their manager got fired again, I applied again and.... my application was unsuccessful! Didn't even get an interview this time around, I'm sorry but what the hell is this based on? How can I get the job the first time around and the second time be deemed as not good enough to even get an interview? :D

4 hours ago, SynergyIso7 said:

I know people have complained about high scoring games and realism but you only have to look at the Premiership the last few weeks especially today. 

Last 6 games in the EPL have yielded 24 goals !!! So thats 4 goals per game. ? But I'm guessing it not a regular occurrence as it seems to be in this game . My thoughts are if you are going to allow more substitutes then you are going to have fitter players towards the end plus now most games are going an extra 10 minutes . Look how many goals are scored after 90 min now in real life . 

2 hours ago, Kane10 said:

I feel like gegenpress-hight tempo-very high defensive line type of tactics work very good. I am now getting very good results with Tottenham, scoring 3 goals per game in Premier League. Highlights or results don't make me scared of counter attacks, fast attacking players of oponents etc. I see no reason to change or adjust to more defensive tactic at all. And when i try to play counter attack I see no reason to stick to it.

This is NOT a good thing!

4 minutes ago, janrzm said:

It's purely anecdotal and only my opinion of course. But, I've felt like attributes have become less and less relevant to what we see on screen for a few years now. 

Gotta love the long ball over the top from that super average non-nonsense CB that leads to a 1v1. :D

1 hour ago, Etebaer said:

I eventually stopped playing FM24 for good as i struggled myself through 1 season with my eyes really not coping well with the use of a Dark Skin and i have lost all motivation to proceed further.

There is to much screentime using the UI playing the manager that the visually improved 3D Match does not make for in giving my eyes a needed rest from the dark malaise i am forced to look at so much.

I like the 3D Match way more than in FM23 - the potential in FM24 is big!

Will follow the development to see if the point comes when the hurdles to my motivation are torn down...

For the Moment i will play some Motosportmanager (hey, also a SEGA published game) modded to the current season but to my horror i found out the mod relegates you when placed as worst Team which my custom Team was.

Seems i have to start there at the bottom also but that is even more fun to me.

That thing has not necessarily a Light Skin but it is neither a very Dark Skin but has a still acceptable middleground that is not ideal but endurable a whole while longer than the FM Dark UI.

A plethora of lighter skins to choose from in the Skinning section and with backgrounds too . 

This happens to me all the time and it is very annoying!

Here's hoping for a fix to many issues this week and not just the ones they listed last week because that would be quite ridiculous after 3+ weeks of bug reports on the "most polished version yet".

On 10/11/2023 at 17:21, Alekos said:

OK...I was a bit sceptic about all those bugs that the other people are mentioning and decided to try the demo....SI are you serious? The most polished version ever?I don't know from where to start

Not many hours in the demo and already found a bunch of bugs and I wonder how the testers haven't noticed them....

I started my save with Panathinaikos and the follwing have occured:

1) 5-6 of my players have attracted interest from Saudi clubs which is unreal

2) I have drawn to Genk for the Second Qualifying Round of CL League Path and the first question I received from the journalists was "What is my opinion on playing with the same team 2 games in a row"...LOL? IS CL you idiot...YOU DO play two legs!!!

3) There was the CL sheet with the stars in the middle of the pitch before the start of the game which again is false since it was still the qualifying round 

4) I had to leave some squad players out of the CL registration (as IRL) and all came to me asking me why I left them out!!! I tried to make them understand that it was hard to pick since there are registration rules or even that I want them for the Greek League (that what happens again IRL)... 5 players are upset and they want me to promise that i will register them ASAP...Unreal again...IRL those players stayed out of European registration and they give their best in the Greek Super League

5) Too many goals scored in my games but even more in the rest of the other matches of qualifying rounds (3-3, 4-3 ,5-0, 3-2, 2-3, 7-1 etc.)

6) No subs from the opposition managers...I was winning away at Genk 1-0 from the 47th minute and till the 90th they have made NOT A SINGLE SUB and most of their players where exhausted....They equalized at 90+1 and then they made 2 subs...LOL???In the second leg in our home they were losing again and finished the game with 1 SUB because their GK got injured in the 57th minute....Next game against Braga and again only 1 sub because a player injured even there was 1 more with orange injury indicator that played the full match...

Found so many bugs already and still havent played more than 4 official games....I can't imagine what will happen in the near future

So most of the guys here are absolutely right that those CRITICAL BUGS make the game unplayable at the moment and it is a bit of disgrace to all of us loyal fans (since CM97/98) to release the game at this kind of state and you did not fix ANY of those bugs already mentioned almost a month ago....

I ask again what the testers are doing the whole year and are unable to spot all those eye catching bugs that you see from the beginning of a career

Every year the same problems and some are even worse.....What a pitty....

Well sorry but the game is TOTALLY unplayable at the moment as I go deeper in to my save...Was hoping for the best and most polished version ever as advertised but I am sure that is even worse than before....For me is so hard to believe that the game was released at this kind of state....The goals galore is unbelievable and makes the game unplayable...It is impossible to have around 70% ball possession in every game and always concede at least 3 goals because either the goalkeeping is terrible or defending, or the attackers always find the target...It might happen once in a while IRL but in this version it happens in every single game no matter what kind of tactic and line of engagement you choose...It seems like the ME does not take into account any of those...This is NOT a football manager simulation but more of a Polo or Hockey Manager...I had so many expectations for this years release and I"m left dissapointed...What worries me the most is if there is a chance that all those bugs will be fixed ASAP or we'll stay with another broken version of the game and have to wait till March to fix only some since most bugs do exist for many many years....

P.S Even the time fixtures are so wrong since there is no way a game between the big 5s of the Greek Superleague to play a game at 14.00 on Sunday and also after a european fixture which is either on Monday or Sunday night.....

polo manager.jpg

goals.jpg

Edited by Alekos

3 hours ago, Kane10 said:

I've played multiple saves with different teams and here comes some feedback:

Great feedback, because this supports how alarming the current balance of the ME is, and this MUST be fixed with a great deal of urgency for the game to have any credibility of being a realistic management sim.

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Do people feel like attributes are relevant to what occurs on the pitch currently, or that it's just pot luck as to who can pull of what and when? Not seen many switches/diagonals either or many long balls when instructing to do so.

I'm convinced that attributes have very little impact when it comes to the ME.

14 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I'm convinced that attributes have very little impact when it comes to the ME.

It won't do, or not correctly - otherwise you would have a much better tactical balance with several styles highly useable. (and at the right levels of the game / team profile)

Edited by g1nh0

1 hour ago, g1nh0 said:

Great feedback, because this supports how alarming the current balance of the ME is, and this MUST be fixed with a great deal of urgency for the game to have any credibility of being a realistic management sim.

It was meant to be fixed way back in FM22. If I recall there was even a developer video segment on it. 

2 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Play a journeyman save.

Apply for better jobs.

Can't continue the game due to a board meeting with my old club about my contract situation. Tell the board that I'm leaving.

Game considers that me handing in my resignation, which then apparently terminates both the contract with my old club and the new contract I just signed. Be told a week later that my interview was "unsuccessful" despite actually being offered the job and accepting it.

Ok, now I'm actually annoyed. Especially as it happened just before my auto save kicked in, so I either replay a month, hope that specific coach gets fired again and I get the job again or just go on holiday applying to any random job because I'm unemployed. :seagull:

Ergh this happened as far back as FM19… and it’s still in FM24!?

thankfully the decision to move to Unity has made my decision not to buy FM25 much easier. 

Edited by ChrisNUFC

A bit of weird AI squad building.

Sold a player to a team in the division above for a club record fee of 250k.

He starts in 23 of the 33 games his new club play in the league as they put together a strong title challenge.

Imagine my surprise when that exact same player is offered back to me by his agent for 63k.

Even funnier I signed him back on a free as his contract was expiring.

I would not be surprised to find this was a result of the utterly broken interaction system where he has refused to sign a new deal due to not starting enough games even though he's played a fair chunk of them.

10 hours ago, southside said:

There is definetly a difference for me, not seeing many if any headers or shots into the ground now, much of the flowing passing moves are away. Long pauses with zero happening until a corner or throw in comes

I'm really surprised more people aren't noticing it though. Really doesn't seem the same as the early access/beta to me from watching

I wonder if some of these bugs ar actual bugs or isolated incidents. Some of you are complaining about stuff that seems to be happening to nobody else. Also, I wonder if the coach badges/reputation in correlation to the type of club/players you coach has anything to do w the interactions and “losing” the locker room. 

im coaching in spanish 3rd division, but my coach has all licenses and badges and I put that I was an international level player, so basically I am “overqualified” for my job, and so I havnt had not one single bad interaction with a player not one player complain about playing time or depth nothing. Im going into my 3rd season now, and interactions are as smooth as ever, repetitive sometimes sure, but zero drama. Im wondering if I move to a top liga or epl teams will I start seeing these issues? So far; in a little league team w a big league coach; zero issues. 

also the only one problem I was getting early on (and I came here crying like most of you) was that first half of my first season, my top 2 gk’s both got hurt. But im in season 3 now, and not one of my gk’s has gotten hurt again since then. I would suggest we let our saves play at least ONE FULL SEASON before u come here crying and saying outlandish ****. I read a post a few days ago that said “im done! So im 10 mins into my first save, first game of the preseason amd so and so happened! Im done!” LOL wtf? Anything in the world is under the realm of possibilities of what could happen in ONE day, ONE game, lets not go crazy here. 

clearly the game has some issues and bugs, but its not easy when some of us are exagerating them, some are really getting them and sharing pkm and updating saves, and some arent getting them at all and are enjoying a very very polished FM. 

we all want the game to be fixed, lets help SI and not drive hyperbole. 

It's been a couple of years since I played Football Manager, but I decided to purchase the latest one. I have to ask: isn't it possible to customize the match screen anymore? I used to play with a split screen in the previous versions, where the match stats took half of the screen and the pitch was on the other side. Now it seems that you are forced to have the pitch displayed on full screen and in general the whole match screen looks like a mess that I would pretty much like to edit somehow... 

5 minutes ago, Litmanen 10 said:

It's been a couple of years since I played Football Manager, but I decided to purchase the latest one. I have to ask: isn't it possible to customize the match screen anymore? I used to play with a split screen in the previous versions, where the match stats took half of the screen and the pitch was on the other side. Now it seems that you are forced to have the pitch displayed on full screen and in general the whole match screen looks like a mess that I would pretty much like to edit somehow... 

In short no you can't.

Longer version when this change happened absolutely nobody liked it except Miles as he thinks it's more immersive this way so we are now stuck with it.

Same with the function of having a match timeline and that being removed in the name of "immersion" which literally makes no sense seeing as I have a match timeline on ifollow when I watch every weekend and go back to rewatch passages of play regularly!

19 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Have you read Miles post? They have admitted the game came out with issues. No point in trying to say it may not have. Everyone plays the game differently. Some people just love the buzz of being undefeated and smashing teams! They wouldnt complain about it being too easy if they are enjoying it. Others notice the issues because they go 'deep' into FM, me being one of them as Ive played the games since 1995. Hopefully by Christmas its fully patched up and then we can all play long-term saves without issue!!

Miles and the SI team have admitted about 2-3 common issues everyone, or almost everyone, seems to be getting. They have not said nothing about the other 50+ that people on here are randomly throwing about. You literally have people complaining and quitting after one game because the score was 4-3, sorry but one game being 4-3 doesnt mean every game is, hard to take that serious. My current save, this week, every game was 1-0 or 2-1. 🤷🏽‍♂️ teams are scoring right about what they score IRL someone ran the test and its about 0,3 more goals in fm24 per game. 

as for “others” who go deep, youre talking to him now. I micromanage everything, I delegate nothing, I started my save with early access, and im in season 3 now. I was favorited to win the division my first season, and I did not, so it wasnt easy, I just won it in year 2, and now im starting year 3. Im seeing no gk injuries, im having no interaction issues, even tho these are issues that apparently do “exist”. So again all im saying is lets quit the hyperbole of “omg ive only played one game and this is broken!” LOL. cant take that serious. 

and yes lets hope its all fixed for xmas. 

11 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Play a journeyman save.

Apply for better jobs.

Its a bug, happened to me when moving from barcelona to bayern. current club barcelona wanted to convince me to stay just before the news of oliver kahn offering me the position at bayern
(it also had the wiget where i could accept) but me foolishly wanted to talk to barcelona before i accepted it and as i came out the meeting it auto resigned me and the wiget for the bayern job disappeared, a week later it said i was unsuccessfull, its a bug and may never get fixed as i dont think many poeple will encounter this bug and fewer less will report it.

Edited by iAlwaysWin

13 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Is this the famous "I'm not experiencing issues, so no one else can" argument?

Nah, not at all. Theres some issues, if u read my first post if anything im wondering why I havnt seen them, not that they dont exist. Early on in my save I did have like a pile up of gk injuries. But then idk, its gone, havnt seen it again in 2 seasons. What im saying is its hard to figure out whats a real bug and what isnt when people are posting stuff based on what they saw “10 mins into my save!”  Thats crazy. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb craiigman:

I'm really surprised more people aren't noticing it though. Really doesn't seem the same as the early access/beta to me from watching

Yes they changed the balance from the beta .

But probably the reason for that is that in the beta they ai couldn't really attack properly.

He still can't but they apparently changed how effective you can attack as a real manager. 

Lots of the improved movement is gone, most goals come from crosses or a ridiculous amount of corners , lots of through ball opportunities are not played which was different in the beta.

I think the biggest issue are how ai formations are played by AI managers and that the ai can't properly attack , so to balance that they nerfed what you can do as a real player .

The result is a boring random corner cross fest game. Me is now reminiscent of FM 20