Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Elder said:

Can someone explain why so many High rep Managers got their Tactical style changed to Wing play in FM 24? I am not talking about imported FM 23 save but about new game created in FM 24. 

I've picked a few examples:
Diego Simeone FM23 Vertical Tiki-taka - FM24 Wing Play 
José Mourinho FM 23 Fluid counter-attack - FM24 Wing Play 
Ernesto Valverde FM23 Vertical Tiki-taka - FM24 Wing Play 
Mauricio Pochettino FM23 Gegenpress-FM24 Wing Play 
Xavi FM23 Gegenpress - FM24 Wing Play 
Erik ten Hag FM23 Vertical Tiki-taka - FM24 Wing Play 
Mikel Arteta FM23 Control Possession -FM24 Wing Play 
Carlo Ancelotti FM 23 Tiki-taka - FM24 Wing Play 
Rudi Garcia FM23 Control Possession - FM24 Wing Play 
Brendan Rodgers FM23 Control Possession - FM24 Wing Play 
Gian Piero Gasperini FM23 Gegenpress - FM24 Wing Play 
Unai Emery FM23 Control Possession - FM24 Wing Play 

I've also checked top 5 leagues in Europe and so:
Premier League 14/20 plays Wing Play, Ligue 1 13/18, La Liga 18/20!, Bundesliga 11/18, Serie A 13/20. 

There's a second interesting thing I've found, out of 8096 employed Managers in my database 6751 have no Tactical Style at all, in FM 23 only 3 on 7262 employed Managers have no Tactical Style.

Any patch for this upcoming?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I have been highly critical of SI in here, and stand by it. But I want to give kudos that a completely central tactic, such as below, is completely viable in this version. The WCBs and SVs track wide to challenge. In previous entries you'd get destroyed on the wings as nobody would step out wide to close or tackle. Its bringing me actual joy to watch it work so wonderfully well. Kudos on that front guys.

c1cce8f9ae6696372cbcbb23cf1e3ef7.png

That's quite surprising and great to hear!

32 minutes ago, saihtam said:

And it happened in final form as I expected. How can this be acceptable player interaction. The bad teamtalk happened with second game Slavija where i accidentaly said you performed wrong as SI HASE CHANGED THE positsion of the good vs bad talk in the list for no good reason. Was quick memory click but all has been going well for now but he is stil unhappy and there is nothing to do.

The unhappines dont even match. I made bad team talk okey, for somereason after saying i will do better it went to reduce number of unhappy players. Now it ended that my teamtalks have been bad.

I Can just feel how my good save will be derailed because of this as he is vice captain.

333.JPG.3c78e7b1d29214bd02b5b4e813975a64.JPG

11.thumb.JPG.0744924cfec1295f5ea30caccad84743.JPG

22.thumb.JPG.88cd2a93ca252179d8f7082f78addcdf.JPG

I avoid promises and targets at all cost so I don't see these screens much if at all. It absolutely blows my mind that a promise/target in this game is to 'reduce unhappiness in the squad'. 

Even if the game wasn't currently making that extremely difficult, that is a shoddy promise/target to have to undertake.

6 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Also the games at 85% positive reviews on steam which for an annually released game with nearly 3k reviews on it's about 30th edition is basically unheard of.

Had the communication around the J-League license been better and they'd been up front that certain players weren't available to them and some assets would be late to the party you could probably eliminate 50% of the negative reviews.

This thread is a very, very small cross section of players who are largely motivated to complain in the wider pool of players largely enjoying the game.

Until sales go down and wider reviews hit negative territory SI won't change because the signals the suits care about are all positive.

I imagine most people are just enjoying it for what it is and not really overthinking it, which is why its getting good reviews. Jump on for a couple of hours, lead your favourite team to more wins than losses with lots of goals scored and exciting football, log off again in a good mood.

Im not enjoying the game as i actively want to struggle, but also fully aware thats minority view so they wont tailor the game that way. I like taking over sides at the bottom halfway through a season and trying to rescue them, but its literally as easy as just making sure you play a sensible high, pressing, game to win just now. Took over the clear worst side in the league on a 15 game winless run and switch tactics and we finished halfway up the league and unbeaten in 10. 

Ive repeated that about in about 5 different saves now and its carried over from at least last years save too.

Im still convinced players at lower levels are too good too, you should see far more mistakes the further down you go.

But then if it changes this thread would be filled with people saying the ME is broken because their 6th tier CB is giving away possession all the time.

50 minutes ago, SynergyIso7 said:

So far, three matches in I have felt immersed in the match engine and feel more part of the action. I take it that player attributes are reflected better in the ME (no longer players with 6 Long shots scoring worldies every week). Are players first touch reflected better considering the ball dynamics now. Is there more freedom in the match engine?

Out of pure boredom I've just run a test with all players in the Championship (transfer movement disabled) mass edited to have 1 finishing, composure and technique and over the course of 3 one season tests are averaging 1698 goals scored in the division compared to 1787 on an undedited db and 1333 IRL. So still an average +365 compared to +454 when comparing both to IRL. So make of that what you will.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine most people are just enjoying it for what it is and not really overthinking it, which is why its getting good reviews. Jump on for a couple of hours, lead your favourite team to more wins than losses with lots of goals scored and exciting football, log off again in a good mood.

Im not enjoying the game as i actively want to struggle, but also fully aware thats minority view so they wont tailor the game that way. I like taking over sides at the bottom halfway through a season and trying to rescue them, but its literally as easy as just making sure you play a sensible high, pressing, game to win just now. Took over the clear worst side in the league on a 15 game winless run and switch tactics and we finished halfway up the league and unbeaten in 10. 

Ive repeated that about in about 5 different saves now and its carried over from at least last years save too.

Im still convinced players at lower levels are too good too, you should see far more mistakes the further down you go.

But then if it changes this thread would be filled with people saying the ME is broken because their 6th tier CB is giving away possession all the time.

Yes, the game is far too easy regardless of circumstance or back to back promotions etc, just play a high line and high press. Probably the first year I've noticed it. Didn't notice it on 23.

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

See I wouldn't mind that and don't mind that in players, especially as one offs. Hell, I had a striker on FM who got 40 goals one season in L1 then 35 the next season in the champ. It can happen irl. I also had strikers who struggled to get 5 goals.

However, when the conversion rate for teams is double that of IRL on average, and about a 60% increase compared to FM23 (up to 14% from 9/10%) and some teams over a season having a 21% conversion rate compared to the best IRL having 12% then that's when it becomes unplayable! You don't know if it's your tactics, pure luck, player error, player greatness or if it's just because of the conversion rate. Even if they make improvements to the ME defending in general (with xG and amount of shots ... The conversion rate is unrealistic. I'm sorry but the conversion rate shouldn't be double that when the difference in amount of shots is fairly minimal. Just drop it by 2% to 12% and I think that's a huge difference

The team with the highest conversion rate in the division last season IRL (12%) wouldn't get 17th in the FM table! The top two the seasons previous (10.6% and 10.2%) would be 23rd and 24th respectively! How did this make it in and how has it been allowed to continue for over 3 weeks post beta? That update/alteration to test needs to come out asap, disregarding delaying it waiting for other fixes to batch together and so it can co out at the same time as other versions (console) etc. get it out as soon as it's ready for us to feedback on. 

Quoted for emphasis. 

as I mentioned in an earlier post, I am currently 0-5 but am getting praised for my tactics because we score a lot of goals…

This year's game will just burn out mid-cycle unless some serious changes are made to ramp up its difficulty.

I feel the absence of direct and cross field passes in this year's ME are making it difficult for AI teams to beat a press.

Add in a higher proportion of goals from long range and set pieces, and you have a recipe for AI steamrolling. 

Edited by rdbayly

1 hour ago, SynergyIso7 said:

So far, three matches in I have felt immersed in the match engine and feel more part of the action. I take it that player attributes are reflected better in the ME (no longer players with 6 Long shots scoring worldies every week). Are players first touch reflected better considering the ball dynamics now. Is there more freedom in the match engine?

The match engine is good on the eyes (at least from a offensive view) but after playing more than 3 games, I can tell you attribute don’t seem to matter that much.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

3 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Lol yes. Unhappy players should stay a thing, but unhappy with a decent reason. The amount of "we're weak at centre back" and "i'm upset this guy has gone" when it's no big issue... is too damn high. 

Especially as it always leads to a 4+ player meltdown where no conversation option can soothe them.

Thought this had been fixed in minor update

51 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Yes, the game is far too easy regardless of circumstance or back to back promotions etc, just play a high line and high press. Probably the first year I've noticed it. Didn't notice it on 23.

I do agree the game seems pretty easy just now.  However I thought FM23 was a bit too difficult to have any success on, so maybe I should just enjoy it.  I had look at the careers forum to see how people were getting on this time last year and there were people still massively overachieving, Maybe it's no different and it's just my choice of team.  

It still baffles me that the moaners on here complain that high press high line attacking tactics are overpowered, continue to use them, then throw the toys out of the pram when they win everything. If you don't like it try and win by staying away from the counter & counter press buttons.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because if you dont go that way its pointless, as sitting deep amd trying try hit on the break just doesnt exist in this game. You can be in the 4th tier and still have opponents threading balls through your defence multiple times a game.

Theres no middle ground this year.

I can purposely hinder myself, and do so on long term saves rather than just muck around saves, but its really hard to try and actively fail at as much things as possible so its not a cakewalk. Having to actively not play a style of play because you know youll succeed is ridiculous.

I agree. I had 1 save where I won the Championship by 11 points with Preston, and now in my latest save I have just finished 2nd in my 1st season with Crystal Palace.

I either have to play 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress and over-achieve, or play any other way and can't compete. 

God knows where SI got the idea that Gegenpress plug-and-play was a thing of the past.

2 hours ago, vrig said:

Literally the only way to kill it after the mutiny gets underway is to change your tactic into one that doesn't use the position in question. You then get a message saying that the ringleader is no longer unhappy due to recent signings that have been made, despite nothing of the sort having happened.

Forces an unnecessary and often fundamental compromise. Also doesn't work if they decide you need a sixth or seventh goalkeeper, obviously.

Edit: "kill it" was a bit strong actually. All 17 of those players now believe I treated my captain unfairly somehow, and so the crap training and hissyfit reactions carry on.  At this point I'm only really carrying on the save to see what happens next. It is mildly entertaining seeing all of the game's issues occuring at the same time, but I don't think I'll be sticking around too long :lol:

He's now happy after we won our first 3 games of the season...I didn't sign another defensive mid because I already have too many!

Another 20 days for him to change his mind back to being unhappy I guess.

He hasn't particularly kicked off or played badly he's also club captain.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much agree with everything you've said I think players at lower levels do make mistakes but nowhere near enough when passing about.

But if they did you'd probably end up with basketball scores.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because if you dont go that way its pointless, as sitting deep amd trying try hit on the break just doesnt exist in this game. You can be in the 4th tier and still have opponents threading balls through your defence multiple times a game.

Theres no middle ground this year.

I can purposely hinder myself, and do so on long term saves rather than just muck around saves, but its really hard to try and actively fail at as much things as possible so its not a cakewalk. Having to actively not play a style of play because you know youll succeed is ridiculous.

Currently, I don't use a Gegenpress tactic as I prefer to create a tactic that suits my team (which sometimes may lead to Gegenpress). However, it seems absurd that I have to set house rules to make the game challenging. I have already delegated transfers, now I have to avoid certain styles too. What's next, delegating tactics?

4 hours ago, Kevinho7 said:

I’m hoping that the state of the ME can somewhat return into the end-state of the fm23 one, because that, in my opinion, was near perfect in attacking, defending and transitions. I trust you SI, don’t let us down 🙏🏻

It most definitely wasn't. Away teams couldn't score to the tune of multiple top end clubs conceding fewer than 10 goals at home all season. IMO it was one of the worst versions because away teams were nerfed so much regardless of form or ability. CB's were needing to be subbed regularly. 

This version needs a little tweaking but 23 was awful and shouldn't be the end state for 24.

I've just played my first game on FM24 and substitutions, goals etc, flash up before play has stopped or the ball is anywhere near going into the net. I'm playing on 2d, and in my short time on FM23 i seem to remember this happening then.

Does anybody else have this problem? And is there a solution? It really spoils it when a goalscorer's name flashes up when the ball hasn't even got anywhere near him yet.

I have a desktop PC with a 5600x cpu and a 3080 graphics card, if that makes any difference, and i'm playing a FM23 save on FM24.

I have so many matches where it seems like I dominate possession, get like 20 shots, but only 8 on target and score 1-2 goals. Yet the opposition, while only getting 4-5 shots, puts 3-4 on target and scores 1-2 goals. This seems to happen a lot in matches I should be winning comfortably. I'm playing as Juventus in year 3, I have a pretty strong squad and most of the clubs I am playing I should be defeating comfortably at this point. Is this how it should be, or is the game just gaming me? 

3 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

I have been highly critical of SI in here, and stand by it. But I want to give kudos that a completely central tactic, such as below, is completely viable in this version. The WCBs and SVs track wide to challenge. In previous entries you'd get destroyed on the wings as nobody would step out wide to close or tackle. Its bringing me actual joy to watch it work so wonderfully well. Kudos on that front guys.

c1cce8f9ae6696372cbcbb23cf1e3ef7.png

Interesting concept! In my experience wide play seems to be a bit too powerful in current ME and cutbacks from attacking wingbacks seem to be particularly effective (the number of assists of my fullbacks is insane). You solved this by removing any fullback or winger, smart play :D Will try to copy your ideas in a similar 3331 or 3313 formation in my quest for more central play and more goals for the striker btw nice signings there, would love for my beloved Fiorentina team to sign the likes of Baldanzi and Colpani irl!

Edited by kandersson

6 hours ago, DarJ said:

To add to this, players passing the ball wide when there is a clear option in the middle that would give your team a 1v1 against the GK

yes, there's almost 0 strikers involvement in this years ME so far. Strikers rarely score from open play only from penalty, corner, free kick or rebound.

11 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Interesting concept! In my experience wide play seems to be a bit too powerful in current ME and cutbacks from attacking wingbacks seem to be particularly effective (the number of assists of my fullbacks is insane). You solved this by removing any fullback or winger, smart play :D Will try to copy your ideas in a similar 3331 or 3313 formation in my quest for more central play and more goals for the striker btw nice signings tere, would love for my beloved Fiorentina team to sign the likes of Baldanzi and Colpani irl

this is because 4 out 5 long shots from the edge of the box are always on target and quite deadly. This is totally unrealistic. I have james maddison scores 28 goals almost all from long shots and free kicks

It's nice to see the bug where players take a short corner or throw near the corner and the receiver immediately passes straight back to the taker even though they're obviously offside is still in the game.  It's only been here for fifteen fricking years.  I've never seen it happen in real life, but admittedly I've only been watching football seriously since 2007.

In a break from all the bugs, flaws and issues being reported (most of which I am also experiencing), I just wanted to drop a bit of positive feedback.

I did enjoy the guard of honour my team received after winning the title with one game to spare and playing away on the last game of the season, nice touch.

37 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Interesting concept! In my experience wide play seems to be a bit too powerful in current ME and cutbacks from attacking wingbacks seem to be particularly effective (the number of assists of my fullbacks is insane). You solved this by removing any fullback or winger, smart play :D Will try to copy your ideas in a similar 3331 or 3313 formation in my quest for more central play and more goals for the striker btw nice signings there, would love for my beloved Fiorentina team to sign the likes of Baldanzi and Colpani irl!

I'll DM you the tactic file later mate as a basis, plug it in and see. It's loaded with TIs and PIs and I have particular OIs set too.

29 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Speaking of returning bugs:

1e63774eb76b85847753e8573a3c4a73.png

89547773f22bc105c23649fe68f5e3b0.png

That looks like someone putting the page together has swapped the team name string placeholders around.  I see the same sort of thing frequently in the match text commentary where there's a string relating to each team, but they zip past too quickly to screen grab them.

1 hour ago, krkyseventwo said:

That’s me decided to stop playing until changes are made. It’s too easy and not fun. 

I had a Rangers save (British players only challenge) that I had to bin because it was constant 5,6,7 goal wins. Never have I experienced that on FM, despite the gulf in quality with the rest of league apart from Celtic. I also defeated Real Madrid in Champions League knockouts, which brought me no joy because it felt like I didn’t earn it.

So I stared with Bologna. 10 games in, 9 wins and 1 draw. That last victory was 5-1 against Juventus but I also beat Lazio 2-0 away from home. I used a high defensive line and either of a mid or low block, with pressing at all times, regroup and counter selected. 4231. 

I’ve seen countless examples and streams where players are over achieving straight away. Might be fun for some but I like to work hard for my success. It’s not right going into a match hoping I drop points or win by a small margin. 

This. I wonder what's made it so much easier compared to other editions.

Is it the AI being limited to the tactics it can use? Is it poor AI squad selection/management? Is the tactics the AI has at it's selection ''bugged''? (e.g the 4-4-2 positioning that has been reported) Is it the AI using odd roles for their players in tactics (I saw a 4-4-2 with a Mezzela as one of the two CM's)? Is morale too important (e.g back to back to back promotions)?

38 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Currently, I don't use a Gegenpress tactic as I prefer to create a tactic that suits my team (which sometimes may lead to Gegenpress). However, it seems absurd that I have to set house rules to make the game challenging. I have already delegated transfers, now I have to avoid certain styles too. What's next, delegating tactics?

Youth Academy challenge - DoF controlled outgoing transfers - Assistant controls team selection and tactics.

You get to press continue though.

1 minute ago, RDF Tactics said:

I just wanted to share my two pence on the "only have to play Gegenpress" convo.

On that tactic creation screen, it's true imo. You are better off playing with the high lines, max pressing etc. But not at all times think that's fully translating to the ME. Many times my players aren't running around pressing like crazy - many highlights have started with my team nearly sitting at the halfway line while the AI takes a deep free-kick. If playing an AMC, he doesn't press/hassle the defenders as you'd expect constantly. The AI team knocking the ball about and my team not engaging is also something I see a lot. So though we set these instructions, I don't think it's the case of players just running around like headless chickens - my players stamina bar doesn't always represent that.

I'm currently playing as Bari. Just got promoted to Serie A and predicted to be relegated. For the first 10 games or so, I tried to approach it logically, using cautious mentalities and setup. We just kept losing in a manner it didn't feel like we were even competing for the ball. Painfully, the first 12 goals we conceded the highlight started from a set-piece. Once the AI had the highlight from a set-piece, it felt impossible to get the ball off them. The off-the-ball marking was non-existent which is vital.

I then went gung-ho and it was like a magic switch. But watching, it felt like we were playing the mid-block perfectly rather than pressing high and looking like prime LFC. We were generally more aggressive off the ball in our marking and closing down. Many of our goals we're AI trying to play through us and we steal the ball in our own half and go a break. There were moments we won the ball high from them trying to play out from the back from a GK. But, if they were in settled possession it'll only really be my striker looking to press whilst everyone else is in a deeper block than the ST (rather than in a high block as a team).

It shows in the data, too. Despite playing high lines and max pressing, most of our possession gain was in our own half. Our PPDA is high, so the high-pressing trigger certainly is helping us press better. But, the turnovers in the game are too high and what the high pressing for us does is (again, all in my opinion) make you just that little better off the ball. The best PPDA in Serie A in my save is 4.52 (U.S. Salernitana 1919) and the worst is 5.63 (Sassoulo). It's way too high, and the difference is way too small. In real life, Napoli have the lowest (best) PPDA at 10.3. Cagliari have the highest (worst) at 18.0. Difference of nearly 8. In FM, the difference is just over 1 in my save. However, it's highly possible FM calculates PPDA differently. Would be cool if FM had a glossary of the stats.

PPDA is Pass Per Defence Action. The possession-won stats in my save are again, very marginal so it's really difficult to put a finger on everything that's going on. The manager who has 'sit back and protect lead' trait whilst also having 'less often' as their preferred pressing style is leading Serie A pressing statistics. I thought I'd just share because high pressing is in fact the preferred way I enjoy football IRL and that transfers into the game. But on many occasions I've been frustrated at the lack of high-pressing engagement. And where my players like to run side-by-side with an AI attacking player as he runs down the touchline lol. I do feel, as Bari, my players naturally take a cautious approach due to our low reputation so we have spells of both cautious moments and all gun-blazing moments as our mentality is on attacking home and away. My players naturally take their time over set-pieces at moments too.

Sorry for the long post lol it's all an opinion too :)

I think this is a really good post, and it offers a pretty convincing explanation for why low-engagement low blocks are so ineffective and high-press high blocks are so comparatively powerful: players just don't do enough in defense.  So when the defensive intensity is turned down, they just stop doing anything.

It is pretty clear, IMO, that engagement is a bit off.  Players, even with as many +marking +pressing +stuck in things ticked as possible, are often very passive when their man is receiving the ball, and the most frequent turnovers I see are either from underhit passes or miscontrolled heavy touches rather than from defensive actions. 

17 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

I just wanted to share my two pence on the "only have to play Gegenpress" convo.

On that tactic creation screen, it's true imo. You are better off playing with the high lines, max pressing etc. But not at all times think that's fully translating to the ME. Many times my players aren't running around pressing like crazy - many highlights have started with my team nearly sitting at the halfway line while the AI takes a deep free-kick. If playing an AMC, he doesn't press/hassle the defenders as you'd expect constantly. The AI team knocking the ball about and my team not engaging is also something I see a lot. So though we set these instructions, I don't think it's the case of players just running around like headless chickens - my players stamina bar doesn't always represent that.

I'm currently playing as Bari. Just got promoted to Serie A and predicted to be relegated. For the first 10 games or so, I tried to approach it logically, using cautious mentalities and setup. We just kept losing in a manner it didn't feel like we were even competing for the ball. Painfully, the first 12 goals we conceded the highlight started from a set-piece. Once the AI had the highlight from a set-piece, it felt impossible to get the ball off them. The off-the-ball marking was non-existent which is vital.

I then went gung-ho and it was like a magic switch. But watching, it felt like we were playing the mid-block perfectly rather than pressing high and looking like prime LFC. We were generally more aggressive off the ball in our marking and closing down. Many of our goals we're AI trying to play through us and we steal the ball in our own half and go a break. There were moments we won the ball high from them trying to play out from the back from a GK. But, if they were in settled possession it'll only really be my striker looking to press whilst everyone else is in a deeper block than the ST (rather than in a high block as a team).

It shows in the data, too. Despite playing high lines and max pressing, most of our possession gain was in our own half. Our PPDA is high, so the high-pressing trigger certainly is helping us press better. But, the turnovers in the game are too high and what the high pressing for us does is (again, all in my opinion) make you just that little better off the ball. The best PPDA in Serie A in my save is 4.52 (U.S. Salernitana 1919) and the worst is 5.63 (Sassoulo). It's way too high, and the difference is way too small. In real life, Napoli have the lowest (best) PPDA at 10.3. Cagliari have the highest (worst) at 18.0. Difference of nearly 8. In FM, the difference is just over 1 in my save. However, it's highly possible FM calculates PPDA differently. Would be cool if FM had a glossary of the stats.

PPDA is Pass Per Defence Action. The possession-won stats in my save are again, very marginal so it's really difficult to put a finger on everything that's going on. The manager who has 'sit back and protect lead' trait whilst also having 'less often' as their preferred pressing style is leading Serie A pressing statistics. I thought I'd just share because high pressing is in fact the preferred way I enjoy football IRL and that transfers into the game. But on many occasions I've been frustrated at the lack of high-pressing engagement. And where my players like to run side-by-side with an AI attacking player as he runs down the touchline lol. I do feel, as Bari, my players naturally take a cautious approach due to our low reputation so we have spells of both cautious moments and all gun-blazing moments as our mentality is on attacking home and away. My players naturally take their time over set-pieces at moments too.

Sorry for the long post lol it's all an opinion too :)

image.png.e6abd8793ee432298e40e18e8c9b6d9a.png

And also on the other end of this, defensive/counter attacking tactics aren't passive enough. The defenders positioning isn't good enough, and you can max out the direct passing both on TI's and PI's and your players still won't boot it long or play a cross field pass or anything. You end up getting battered or winning 5-3 in a defensive tactic designed to do the opposite.

10 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

That looks like someone putting the page together has swapped the team name string placeholders around.  I see the same sort of thing frequently in the match text commentary where there's a string relating to each team, but they zip past too quickly to screen grab them.

I checked and I believe that it is due to the fact that my bank balance is pretty high as I hardly buy any players and sell quite a lot. On the other hand Man City does buy a lot and has a lower amount on the bank.

It does however not take into consideration the amount invested in past years, yearly income and expenses and the total worth of the complete squad.

In a vaccume only looking at the bank balance the text string is right, but it does not make sense at all if you look at the overall financial picture which goes far beyond just looking at cash balance.

Anyone longer save, do player ever reduce their wage demand after coming from Saudi?

costa and koopmeiners are both in my save free agent (without club) but their wage demand is still 800k+ p/w.

Also wierd thing some 26 y.o winger chose saudi club (some random club) over mine even tho my club rep is #15 in world + saudi offer was 130k p/w why i offerd 180k pw. While its okay as it makes game harder i feel saudi is bit mess.

Edited by rambo55