Cymru Premier sucess.

One of the most difficult challenges on the game is trying to legitimately win the Cymru (Welsh) Premier division with anyone other than TNS.

I have tried in the past and TNS have literally consistently dropped less than 10pts and won the league at an absolute canter.

Has anybody had any luck in this division on FM 24 and if so how have you done it?

Nope - I had 5 seasons at Haverfordwest on FM22.  Was never able to get past TNS or Connah's Quay.  Was able to consistently finish 3rd, but that was the limit.

TNS and Connah's Quay have a massive advantage as the only fully Professional teams in the league.  Trying to topple Professional clubs as a Semi-Pro outfit is always going to be a tall order.  Add into that TNS get Champions League money, which is huge in comparison to what other clubs in the Cymru Premier get even if they don't make it past the qualifying rounds, so they always have a significant economical advantage over other clubs which only grows every season.

If you are going to topple TNS though, Connah's Quay are going to be your best shot of doing it.

Edit: I'm wrong, Connah's Quay are also Semi-Pro.  I had it in my head they were fully Professional when I played in Wales on FM22, but that could be me misremembering perhaps.

The real mickey take of the whole thing though is that TNS isn't actually a Welsh club, they're actually based in England.  Although I am aware they were originally based in Wales, they just happened to stay within the Welsh system after the move to Oswestry.

Edited by kevhamster

I played with Conwy for Four Seasons (one in Cymru Premier North) and Came in 2nd place, Third Place, and jumped ship to TNS myself in the middle of my third season in Third place at split. (They offered me an interview)

The reason is they are professional and because of playing in Europe have a much bigger budget thus have better players than your average Semi-Pro Welsh team. Also, FM24 the players on semi-pro teams are much worse than the past and those you can attract aren't much better. Mostly you have to raid other teams in the league for their best players after spending a couple of seasons in Europe collecting cash. To have a real chance to beat TNS.

8 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Edit: I'm wrong, Connah's Quay are also Semi-Pro.  I had it in my head they were fully Professional when I played in Wales on FM22, but that could be me misremembering perhaps.

You're not wrong; they were for a period 'full-time' but even then had several players still playing for them part-time. 

From a purely footballing perspective I think it is wrong that TNS are allowed to play professionally whilst the rest of the league is semi-pro giving them a huge unfair advantage. It is not even as if TNS have qualified (or got even close) to a major UEFA competition so they don't even represent the league well.

It makes Andy Morrison's success at Connah's Quay all the more impressive.

For me it just completely destroys any interest in the league.

• 3 weeks later...

In my 8th season with abertillery bluebirds, 3 premier titles and the club turned professional as soon as I won the league tns have got a chance now.

20 million in the bank can offer wages max 9k a week just need to keep getting to champions league playoff game to make sure I get 8 million minimum to keep being able to pay wages.

Edited by dhinks1983

I'm playing as TNS on a current save in fm24, but I have tried playing as Cardiff Met in FM23 as I wanted to give the Welsh league a try and figured as I live in Cardiff I should start with them. 

However I forgot as it's a university team, they have the amateur status so the semi-pro clubs (even in the North and South league below the premier) in Wales were just robbing my players on free transfers, and I couldn't sign any decent replacements as I could only offer amateur contracts lol

That was the quickest I ever gave up on a save lol 

Edited by andrew.withey83

I managed it back in FM22 with Cardiff Corinthians.  I played nearly 40 seasons and managed to win our first PL title after eight seasons.  I didn't do anything special.  I don't sign players, so just ploughed money into youth spend and facilities and eventually we started to dominate after getting Europe money.  We maxed out youth spend (not Y Facilities, for the usual reason) after 11 seasons.

Colwyn Bay became our main rivals towards the end of the save.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.453ad8370b072d1b095dcaa6ab71c17b.png

image.thumb.png.2abf888a5a43b3055c009595323255ad.png

image.thumb.png.241ba58ca25693d151a51aab156cc2e8.png