Referees & Stadiums

45 minutes ago, dzek said:

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know if referees’ attributes and stadiums’ conditions/dimensions have any effect on match results?

Yes, both can have an effect. A strict ref will give out more cards, and if you play with a very aggressive tactic, you are more likely to get yellow and red cards. Pitch conditions will affect things like how the ball rolls, so short passing can be hampered by a poor pitch. A poor pitch also slightly increases injuries.

Just now, XaW said:

Yes, both can have an effect. A strict ref will give out more cards, and if you play with a very aggressive tactic, you are more likely to get yellow and red cards. Pitch conditions will affect things like how the ball rolls, so short passing can be hampered by a poor pitch. A poor pitch also slightly increases injuries.

Thank you!! Apart from the referees, the stadium and the obvious (players etc.) is there any other factor that has an impact on the outcome of the match?

1 minute ago, dzek said:

Thank you!! Apart from the referees, the stadium and the obvious (players etc.) is there any other factor that has an impact on the outcome of the match?

Tactics springs to mind! :D

Also weather impacts things, altitude (above sea level) has a minor impact on tiredness if I remember correctly. Travel distance too. Can't remember more, but I'm sure I've read those from SI before.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Tactics springs to mind! :D

Also weather impacts things, altitude (above sea level) has a minor impact on tiredness if I remember correctly. Travel distance too. Can't remember more, but I'm sure I've read those from SI before.

I like that I said except the obvious!! :lol:
Thank you again bro!