Any way to set longer player nicknames?

Yes, you can do this by creating a .lnc-file in the folder where the database is. For me that is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc\all

However, it might be different for you, depending on how you have installed the game.

From there open a new document in notepad or notepad++ or any text editor and use this:

#Names:

"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME"	UniqueID	"Firstname" "Nickname(optional)" "Lastname"

The save the file as whatever.lnc (That is LNC in lowercase). I have called mine newgens.lnc just to remember it. Also make sure your OS doesn't "help" you by adding .txt to the end of it, Windows does that sometimes with notepad.

As an example, here is a player from my save:

#Names:

"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME"	2002102241	"Kyle" "" "Mthembu 25a"

image.png.7b5257fea1b53c104692c3f869c624e1.png

I don't use a nickname, so it's left empty. But it's the uniqueID (Without the "r-" for newgens) and then add a first name and last name. The fun thing about this is that you can give custom names, but the won't show up with all names. In match only the nickname or the last name with show. It's how I do to rename my newgens in my save.

On 16/12/2023 at 20:31, XaW said:

Yes, you can do this by creating a .lnc-file in the folder where the database is. For me that is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc\all

However, it might be different for you, depending on how you have installed the game.

From there open a new document in notepad or notepad++ or any text editor and use this:

#Names:

The save the file as whatever.lnc (That is LNC in lowercase). I have called mine newgens.lnc just to remember it. Also make sure your OS doesn't "help" you by adding .txt to the end of it, Windows does that sometimes with notepad.

#Names:

I don't use a nickname, so it's left empty. But it's the uniqueID (Without the "r-" for newgens) and then add a first name and last name. The fun thing about this is that you can give custom names, but the won't show up with all names. In match only the nickname or the last name with show. It's how I do to rename my newgens in my save.

thx!

On 16/12/2023 at 20:31, XaW said:

#Names:

#Names:

As someone who often painfully goes down every player in the youth intake copying a repeated nickname to each one, this is a much better idea.

4 hours ago, gooseta said:

thx!

No worries!

3 hours ago, forameuss said:

As someone who often painfully goes down every player in the youth intake copying a repeated nickname to each one, this is a much better idea.

Yeah, I do it for all my youth intake players to know what intake they came through, and how the assistant rated them (alphabetically A to P, since there is 16 each time except when you have poached someone, then it can be more).