African leagues

jyny

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been discussed before but is there a reason for the lack of African leagues in the game? I know we can add them through the editor, but I'm surprised year after year that we only have the South African league in the base game but the likes of Morrocco, Egypt, Tunisia etc are missing.

Is it a research or licencing problem? Just curious. 

It's been asked a lot regarding leagues not in the game, and it's mostly been said by SI that there are two problems outside licensing, interest and research. They know where they sell the game, and if a country don't buy the game much, adding a league will rarely improve sales. And there is also the question about getting good research about the country, teams, players, etc.

This post is a few years old, but I'd think it still rings true.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

It's been asked a lot regarding leagues not in the game, and it's mostly been said by SI that there are two problems outside licensing, interest and research. They know where they sell the game, and if a country don't buy the game much, adding a league will rarely improve sales. And there is also the question about getting good research about the country, teams, players, etc.

This post is a few years old, but I'd think it still rings true.

I see, thanks for the response.

8 hours ago, XaW said:

They know where they sell the game, and if a country don't buy the game much, adding a league will rarely improve sales.

Mind you, that's a vicious cycle. I live in a country where Steam won't activate the game, so how can any interest in FM be generated?

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Mind you, that's a vicious cycle. I live in a country where Steam won't activate the game, so how can any interest in FM be generated?

Yeah, but if Steam can't activate it, then how can adding it lead to increased sales there?

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Yeah, but if Steam can't activate it, then how can adding it lead to increased sales there?

It's dodgy logic to exclude swathes of potential players then say there's no interest. I'm assuming Steam can, but won't activate the game. It's a vicious cycle because if Steam won't activate it, people aren't going to buy and play it, therefore there's going to be little demand for it. I suspect there are bigger nations that are also excluded that potentially have a large userbase that would make extra leagues worthwhile.

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's dodgy logic to exclude swathes of potential players then say there's no interest. I'm assuming Steam can, but won't activate the game. It's a vicious cycle because if Steam won't activate it, people aren't going to buy and play it, therefore there's going to be little demand for it. I suspect there are bigger nations that are also excluded that potentially have a large userbase that would make extra leagues worthwhile.

I'm just paraphrasing what SI have said, and linked the post. If it were up to me, I'd want as many leagues as possible, so you're preaching to the choir, really.