wingers PI cut inside/run wide

Hey, 

I have some questions about the wingers PI of cut inside and run wide, hope someone can help. 

-In case you didn't click any of those, does that mean the player decides himself, or what happens? 

-If it indeed is the case that the player decides it, does that mean a left-footed right-winger or a right-footed left-winger will choose cutting inside more?

-If you do have a winger with a strong opposite foot and a weak foot for the side he's playing, do you have to tick cut inside to make it work?

8 hours ago, Tim444 said:

In case you didn't click any of those, does that mean the player decides himself, or what happens? 

If you don't add anything the player will stay wide, but depending on what they think are a good idea based on their preferred foot, attributes, etc, they will do. That's not to say they will always do the right thing, but they will do what they _think_ is right.

If it indeed is the case that the player decides it, does that mean a left-footed right-winger or a right-footed left-winger will choose cutting inside more?

Yes.

If you do have a winger with a strong opposite foot and a weak foot for the side he's playing, do you have to tick cut inside to make it work?

No, you don't have to, and a left footed winger playing as a winger on the right will cut inside when (they think) the option is there, simply to give a better cross or a shot with their strong foot.

As an aside, a very large proportion of wingers have ‘cuts inside from [side opposite to their strong foot] wing’ as a PPM. I wonder if it is accurate to describe this as a player characteristic, or if it is just something they do a lot because that’s what they are told to do as part of the team’s tactics.

On 12/01/2024 at 02:39, XaW said:

If you don't add anything the player will stay wide, but depending on what they think are a good idea based on their preferred foot, attributes, etc, they will do. That's not to say they will always do the right thing, but they will do what they _think_ is right.

Yes.

No, you don't have to, and a left footed winger playing as a winger on the right will cut inside when (they think) the option is there, simply to give a better cross or a shot with their strong foot.

Even if they don't have the cuts inside from wing do players on their weak side cut in naturally?

I think I remember reading something like playing a Mez on their strong side will cause them to bring the ball wide vs on their weaker side they'll bring the ball inside. Do wingers follow this same logic?

1 hour ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Even if they don't have the cuts inside from wing do players on their weak side cut in naturally?

I think I remember reading something like playing a Mez on their strong side will cause them to bring the ball wide vs on their weaker side they'll bring the ball inside. Do wingers follow this same logic?

My tactic uses a W-A on the right, and I can see a very different way if I use a left footed vs a right footed player there. The right footed one will often run down the line and cross, while the left footed one will often cut inside and cross that way.