How does a club move out of amateur status?

I'm attempting a youth academy challenge and managing an amateur team in Denmark. Thinking ahead, I'm wondering what the 'Professional status' board request actually asks for; would it move the club to semi-pro first, and then require another upgrade to get to pro? If they can move to semi-pro first, how much is this likely to cost the club? I've heard anecdotally a rule of thumb of about £1m in the bank for a semi-pro club to go pro, but can't find any info on this scenario. As with most board requests, the game is super vague and unhelpful when it comes to knowing what it is you're asking the board for and what the financial implications might be.

Any help/stories of others' experience would be very much appreciated before I sink hours into a potentially impossible objective!

My experience in Denmark is that you get semi-pro when you get to the 3rd tier. Going to professional depends more on finances, and the board too. Some board are willing to do it sooner than others. But if you have roughly £1m in the bank, that's when many board will accept it, but not all. The more money at the club (as well as the projection being positive), the more likely you are to go professional. Some tiers will require the club to be professional though, so getting promotions into those will automatically make the club pro at the end of the season, but I don't know if that's the case in Denmark or not.

You finances have to be labeled as secure or they won't accept. 

But the tiers in Denmark have professional status rules. So just getting promoted you will eventually turn fully pro. 

You could also win the danish cup which gets you a spot in Europe regardless of pro status and regardless of tiers. 

I wouldn't worry about asking for status change from the board. Just let it happen naturally. 

I'm not sure what a youth academy challenge is. If that is only newgens at your club get ready for an insanely long save.

Denmark's youth rating is only 91 and the good newgens are gonna go to top 5 rep teams. 

Thanks both, that's helpful. Looks like I'll need to find a way of getting promoted before I can prevent my players getting poached...

I'm not sure what a youth academy challenge is.

Here's your answer... yep it's mad. But people have done it! The crazy thing about Denmark's 4th tier is that it has 12 teams and 4 relegation slots. So it could actually be quite a short save.

On 22/01/2024 at 09:21, JimmysTheBestCop said:

I'm not sure what a youth academy challenge is

Some of us holiday for a season, then take over a club promoted into the lowest tiers in any league, then try to win the Champions League with only using players from the youth intake, no signing, no loans, just players from the youth intake. It is possible, but hard and takes a long time! :D