Salary Commitments

What do salary commitments include? I have exported (with no filters) all my senior, u21 and u18 squads. When I sum those salaries up n excel, it is quite a bit less than the Salary Commitments reported. 

I'm using p/a and I show $10,496,080 but the salary commitments sum in $12,12M  

I can't find my Staff salaries, but if I proxy them by taking monthly expenditure times 12 it is $3.9M which would be more than $12.12M.

I'm trying to organize and make informed decisions on who to cut, who to loan, but I need to trim about $1M however, I'm sure removing a salary of say $800,000 is going to directly take $800,000 out of my salary commitments.

I just started playing FM in late January, 2024. Appreciate any and all insights.

Cheers!

4 hours ago, drkpross said:

What do salary commitments include?

Bonuses? Clean sheets, goals, assists... they can add up to quite a lot, but they're not part of the committed salary spend. The club does have to allow for the cost, so some estimate of payments is included, I believe.

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

From what I tested (at least for FM21), goal bonus and assist bonus depends on which unit the player plays.

For example, I set the wage for Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero to 1000 annually and goal bonus of 1000. I found out however that Aguero's salary commitment is 3100 while De Bruyne and Sterling is only 2300. From which I calculated it as:

salary commitment = wage + goal bonus * 1.3 (for midfielders)

salary commitment = wage + goal bonus * 2.1 (for strikers)

But if I gave them the same bonus for assist, the situation will be reversed.

salary commitment = wage + assist bonus * 2.1 (for midfielders)

salary commitment = wage + assist bonus * 1.3 (for strikers)

When both assist and goal bonuses is given, they both will have salary commitment of 4400. (I tested with Ilkay Gundogan and got the same result)

Then I do the same for Ruben Dias and Ederson. As both of them are in defense unit, their salary commitment is still 1000 which is the same as the wage meaning their goal and assist bonuses are not counted in salary commitment.

Doing the same for clean sheet bonus however will get a different result, as all four players will get salary commitment of 2300. From which I calculated as below

salary commitment = wage + clean sheet bonus * 1.3

Setting appearance fee and unused substitution fee to 1000, I will get as follow

salary commitment with appearance fee = 6250

hence, salary commitment = wage + appearance fee * 5.25

while salary commitment with unused substitution fee = 48000

so, salary commitment = wage + unused substitution fee * 47

Applying the same wage, appearance fee and unused substitution fee to Eric Garcia (breakthrough prospect) and Mikki Van Sas (youngster), salary commitment will be the same as Ruben Dias, Kevin De Bruyne, Sergio Aguero, Ederson, Raheem Sterling and Ilkay Gundogan. But applying the formula I made, I'm supposed to get 52250 but instead, the salary commitment is 53000.

image.thumb.png.15f9038b01dedc9d5968f959bedbb5da.png

Using the formula on existing contract won't get the exact number, for example, calculating Riyad Mahrez,

image.png.88092717624f5633ef60a97269d04292.png

Salary commitment = 8320000 + 15000 * 5.25 + 25000 *1.3 + 24000 * 2.1 + 8000 * 47

= 8857650

But instead,

image.png.aa1f942920adc1637cbf9c26fa6c973c.png

This discrepancy is small but doing the same to Fernandinho, I will get an even bigger discrepancy.

Hope someone can give an accurate breakdown on salary commitment.

Edited by soft tofu
adding more information

Bonuses do count for salary commitments. The payouts for appearance and unused sub fees get approximated based on players' playing time but I'm not sure how do goal and assist bonuses get accounted for. I can't find the post, but if I'm not mistaken @XaW has written in detail about this?

12 hours ago, sdx15 said:

Bonuses do count for salary commitments. The payouts for appearance and unused sub fees get approximated based on players' playing time but I'm not sure how do goal and assist bonuses get accounted for. I can't find the post, but if I'm not mistaken @XaW has written in detail about this?

I think someone from SI said it was 50% of the bonuses per week, but it's also linked to playing time, so I can't remember for sure. It was ages ago, so it might have changed later, for all I know. But I think if you estimate that, you'll be close at least.