Can someone explain why 5th is not playing CL ?

Hello guys,

Has someone been in this situation before? I'm managing Velez and we won the CL while Valencia won the EL so we're both in CL for next season. All good so far. Problem is the country finished 2nd in the coefficient rankings which means the 5th team in the league should get a CL place. Instead the little inbox message gives Villareal the spot (who finished 4th but were already qualified) and sent Atletico (5th) to the EL. United also finished 4th in the PL.

Shouldn't we have 7 teams in CL? I know irl an association is entitled to a maximum of 7 teams in the competition.

Is this a bug or is it hardcoded into the game ( no more than 6 teams) ?

Thanks !

fm_66H5yPOVnb.png.210c40ece810c3c0cea3da8a2aae78dd.png

fm_UqQ94SOZF5.thumb.png.30e4ff954f798f827be7a17ff2d7174e.png

The rules are the two CLUBS with highest coefficient that missed out. Not country. So head into <Globe> Europe -> Clubs - Coefficients. That's the coefficient that is used to determine which clubs join.

FZE7XFu.png

3 hours ago, XaW said:

The rules are the two CLUBS with highest coefficient that missed out. Not country. So head into <Globe> Europe -> Clubs - Coefficients. That's the coefficient that is used to determine which clubs join.

FZE7XFu.png

That's not true. This was proposed but was scrapped and, as the OP's screenshot from the game says, the top two associations from the current season get an extra CL participant. In real life, those spots go to Italy and Germany for their this season's performances.

Though I am struggling to find confirmation that more than six teams per nation are allowed into the CL.

so the reason why its happened is actually 4th is getting the extra space.... rules max at 6 places, 5 plus the bonus. so when a country has a club that wins the champions league and finishes outside the top 4 AND a club that wins the europa league and finishes outside the top 4 then 4th misses out.... till in this case they get the bonus spot which goes to 4th instead of 5th

XaW is wrong the rules on highest club coefficient was scrapped due to similarity with closed shop of the "not so" Super League

17 hours ago, sdx15 said:

That's not true. This was proposed but was scrapped and, as the OP's screenshot from the game says, the top two associations from the current season get an extra CL participant. In real life, those spots go to Italy and Germany for their this season's performances.

Though I am struggling to find confirmation that more than six teams per nation are allowed into the CL.

Really? I thought that was the rule... But guess I missed a change then! I'll have to read up.

i'm not sure SI did any internal changes for the UEFA coefficient rules. Those things have always been the same. I could be wrong...