Any interest in an OTF Euro 2024 Charity Sweepstake?

Had this idea as they’re running one at work and I thought it was an interesting way to do a Sweepstake

The basic concept is 24 people sign up, as host I will randomly draw the countries to each user like a normal sweepstake and each user commits to donating £2.50 to the winner’s chosen charity. 

24 x £2.50 = £60, as host I will throw in £5 on top so the winning user’s charity will get £65.

Like the one at work it adds in the small print if anyone feels they want to donate more than £2.50 to the charity they can, but it’s set at £2.50 so anyone who wishes to take part can without having to spend too much. 

Just to clarify there is no “collection” of the £2.50 or payment to me personally. You just commit to digitally or physically donating £2.50 to the winner’s charity at the end. 

Not sure how much interest we will get but will cap it at 24 unless we somehow get 48 people interested then I’ll run 2 separate ones if that makes sense. 

Ideally need anyone interested to let me know they want to take part in this thread by Thursday 13th June as it all kicks on Friday so I can do the draw before the start of the tournament. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea, I'll be in. 

Reckon we can up the minimum to at least £5 though. I mean, plenty of numpties gave @SouthCoastRed £20 just a few days back to walk to the end of his road for his daily Special Brew run :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Good idea, I'll be in. 

Reckon we can up the minimum to at least £5 though. I mean, plenty of numpties gave @SouthCoastRed £20 just a few days back to walk to the end of his road for his daily Special Brew run :rolleyes:

Not even my road is that long

I’ll get involved. 

Up it to £10. Half going to charity and the other half for some OTF prizes. 

Most carded team, latest goal etc

Yeah feel like difference between £2.50-£5 in terms of cost to the individual is negligible, but doubles the money for charity so definitely happy with the min being a fiver. I'm sure this will get more interest as we get a bit closer to the Euros and this forum gets more active.

7 hours ago, Pukey said:

Yeah feel like difference between £2.50-£5 in terms of cost to the individual is negligible, but doubles the money for charity so definitely happy with the min being a fiver. I'm sure this will get more interest as we get a bit closer to the Euros and this forum gets more active.

Yeah, if the consensus is to up it to £5  I’m happy to do that 

Think that’s around 7-8 so not too bad. Worst case scenario if we don’t hit 24 I’ll still do it with whoever wants to take part. 

3 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

If we are short on numbers taking part, would people consider a double entry?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523nv5c6z6cs4ccuyo5k

Posted (edited)

1. Pukey
2. SCR
3. Smallen
4. Bliss Seeker
5. Gizzy
6. Rob1981
7. hilly_boro
8. mrw072
9. Joel B
10. Pompeyboyz
11. BoroPhil
12. Lewis007
13. Anthrax Dave

11 spots left. Will leave it until Tuesday and if there's still spots remaining on Tuesday anyone already entered is welcome to a double entry if they wish to do so.

Edited by PaulHartman71

Give it until tomorrow, then start pestering people in all the other threads.

Never mind 24, it’s a poor showing if we can’t find 48 OTFers willing to chuck a fiver to charity and run a double sweepstake. Doing good and lauding it over everyone else if your team wins. What’s not to like.

Given the amount of people saying they're not remotely excited, I feel like there's just loads of people who are so unbothered they've not even clicked on the Euro 2024 page yet. Hope we get some more soon but yeah, probably worth advertising it in a couple other threads so we can hopefully get some more in. Reckon at least a few more will hop on given it's going to charity.

Forgot to post sooner but if anyone wants an extra spot please feel free. Will close at 6PM tomorrow and then do the draw!

If we only have 15 for example I will just draw the 15 best sides. If for some random reason a side worse than that wins the winner will be the runner-up or next best finish. 

Yea before you give up on a full compliment you can offer double dips.  Pretty sure there'd be a few, like England's Rob there, who'd be happy to do so. 

Edited by Bliss Seeker

1 hour ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Forgot to post sooner but if anyone wants an extra spot please feel free. Will close at 6PM tomorrow and then do the draw!

If we only have 15 for example I will just draw the 15 best sides. If for some random reason a side worse than that wins the winner will be the runner-up or next best finish. 

I'll take a second spot if needs be, it's my birthday on the 16th, England play on the 16th so it may bring some luck:lol:. But most importantly its for  a good cause, and a bit of fun.

@PaulHartman71 @cafcrocky @Butts @SouthCoastRed @Ronaldo Beckham @Citizen Sandman @hilly_boro @Bliss Seeker @Darius1998 @Bootador @Semi Skilled Milk @Barnzy @Freakiie @Harryseaess @Pompeyboyz @Baptista_8 @stephen_atk @JD nawrat 

@Bootador @Citizen Sandman @Bliss Seeker @GunmaN1905 @Freakiie @WillHoward42 @Muzzza @tropicsafc @Dale0718 @Shambolic @cafcrocky @Celtic_1967 @SouthCoastRed @VP. @trueblue.85 @Butts @Mr_Demus @Tikka Mezzala @Harryseaess @Rebs @ShakinDIT @Crispypaul @decapitated @PaulHartman71 @Pompeyboyz @EdBed @JD nawrat @Darius1998 @pearcey_90 @Semi Skilled Milk @m_fenton @ham_aka_stam @BigV @stephen_atk @Scott1892 @Baptista_8 @Ronaldo Beckham @hilly_boro @Barnzy @Bagpuss

@WillHoward42 @Barry Cartman @SouthCoastRed @Celtic_1967 @mrw072 @Freakiie @cafcrocky @JJ72 @bdcuk @JD nawrat @adhikapp @Carmi88 @Pompeyboyz @Crispypaul @vikeologist @Citizen Sandman @trueblue.85 @Joel B @The_jagster @DanielM_90 @GunmaN1905 @leftback in the changing room @Dale0718 @VP. @ToMexico!! @Semi Skilled Milk @av3ry  @Firehouse @Darius1998 @Harryseaess @m_fenton @Baptista_8 @kingjericho @Bliss Seeker @iamnobody @Garrlor @Gizmo7 @Neil Brock @merry_miller @Kanwulf @stephen_atk @BoroPhil @ham_aka_stam @Paris Hilton's Lover @Jason the Yank @bermybhoy @Sons FC @Bagpuss @martinji @bestbrother @Wolf_pd @The Golden boy @DeafParrot @Rob4590 @Mr_Demus @Gandy @Haguey @EdBed @Mr Wallin @titchuk @BigV @Rob1981

@adhikapp @argento @Bagpuss  @bdcuk @bermybhoy @BigV @Bliss Seeker @Bootador @BoroPhil @cafcrocky @Carambau  @Citizen Sandman @Constantine  @Crispypaul @Dale0718 @Darius1998 @Deisler26  @EdBed @EnterUsernameHere @Firehouse @Frankie @Freakiie  @Gizmo7 @grade @GunmaN1905 @hardeepR @Harryseaess @iamnobody  @Jason the Yank @JD nawrat @Joel B  @kingjericho  @martinji @MavReck  @merry_miller @metal_guitarist @Mickybricks14 @Mr_Demus @mrw072  @PaulHartman71 @Phil Holden @Pompeyboyz @Pukey  @Rebs   @Ronaldo Beckham @Scott1892 @sebsy @Shambolic @Smaldini  @Snedhead @Sons FC @SouthCoastRed @stephen_atk @Synthahols_for_Girls @The Golden boy @Tikka Mezzala  @TM @trueblue.85 @VamPook @Whoopy D @WillHoward42 @Calv_Leeds @error username in use @Rob4590 @titchuk @BoroPhil @iamnobody @Mr Adam @profii

Apologies to anyone already signed up :D 

Everyone else get involved, it's for charity!!!

I think the problem here is that the thread is on the Euro forum, I haven't even looked on this forum unless I'm tagged in Gizzy's draft thread. Bet most people on OTF don't even know this thread exists.