3D Engine Stuttering

Hey all!

I've been experiencing issues with the 3d match engine as of the last few months wherein, despite the game running smooth for the most part, it'll eventually skip some frames during matches causing a stutter effect. It's not the biggest issue, but one that's driving me slightly loopy nonetheless. I've noticed it happens more frequently around shots/saves than at any other points in the game, and that changing the graphic setting between various combinations of high/medium/low seems to have little to no effect.

I'm currently playing on an M3-chip MacBook Air, however, it happened on my previous M1-chip version as well, so don't think it's a hardware issue, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing anything similar?

22 hours ago, XaW said:

Hey mate, I have indeed - I've followed the steps as best I can, at least the ones that are applicable for Mac, although it hasn't made any improvement I'm afraid - changing to 60fps makes it worse if anything!

22 hours ago, Jesper9000 said:

@JobyKingston97 yes, I have the same issue. I believe it is after the latest update of iOS. It has also been an on/off issue in previous versions of Football Manager. 

Ah that's a shame, may have to look into reverting to an old iOS in that case!

32 minutes ago, JobyKingston97 said:

Hey mate, I have indeed - I've followed the steps as best I can, at least the ones that are applicable for Mac, although it hasn't made any improvement I'm afraid - changing to 60fps makes it worse if anything!

At the bottom there is a link to send a support ticket so SEGA for detailed help. That would be the best choice from here I think.

I believe I have experienced that, too. For me, I've noticed it happens if my computer has been on (or sleeping) for at least 24 hours. It goes away if I shut my computer off for 5 minutes and then restart.

I

On 03/06/2024 at 18:21, JobyKingston97 said:

Hey all!

I've been experiencing issues with the 3d match engine as of the last few months wherein, despite the game running smooth for the most part, it'll eventually skip some frames during matches causing a stutter effect. It's not the biggest issue, but one that's driving me slightly loopy nonetheless. I've noticed it happens more frequently around shots/saves than at any other points in the game, and that changing the graphic setting between various combinations of high/medium/low seems to have little to no effect.

I'm currently playing on an M3-chip MacBook Air, however, it happened on my previous M1-chip version as well, so don't think it's a hardware issue, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing anything similar?

If its any help, I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers (but don't install yet), then downloaded the DDU program (Display Driver Uninstaller) Uninstalled the display drivers and then installed new Nvidia drivers

That then worked for me, No stuttering during matches.

I think installing new drivers over old drivers time over time causes issues, best do a clean install when you update them. I will from now on

On 03/06/2024 at 18:21, JobyKingston97 said:

Hey all!

I'm having issues on MacOS too.  It just seems hit or miss after operating system updates.  I will definitely think twice before I install them.