ReWriting The Records Books - FM24 Edition

Had a boring day at work today and I have decided on my FM25 save idea. One long Arsenal save with the aim of totally rewriting the record books. In order to do this, I will be focussing mostly on youth. Doesn't mean I won't still sign players, but there won't be any "filler" signings. If I cant find the perfect backup player, I use a promising youth player and try to turn them into something special. Of course, those who do will be in contention for some of the records. But, whilst individual records are important, I will also be aiming to break other records. Most of these are listed on FM but I have decided on a few extra ones to put in there which, for Arsenal anyway, could be fun challenges. 

However, for now, I am going to do the exact same type of game but in a different country, so that I can start fresh with FM25 (or, more likely, after the first patch or maybe after the transfer window patch]. I wanted a club that was similar in stature to Arsenal; competitive in the country, but never having won the Champions League. I will be using this to test a tactic that I have in mind for Arsenal come FM25, too, so I wanted a big team ideally. PSG mightve been an option but I've managed a lot in France lately. So what I have decided to do is to use the editor to aim to get Leipzig mirroring Arsenal as close as I can; I've given them a bank balance identical to Arsenal's, the same sponsorship amounts, the same reputation, the same facilities and stadium size, as well as ensuring the Bundesliga has the same reputation as the PL does at the start of the game (I am hoping this means about the same prize money and sponsorship too as there's no way to edit this). This is simply to make the challenge as similar to Arsenal as I can. I am aware that changing Leipzig in this way will give me a bit of an edge over the Bundesliga because the other teams around me won't have the same, but since I will only be playing this for 20-25 years as opposed to the 50-60 I anticipate spending on the Arsenal game, this is fine by me.

I won't set many rules for myself except: 

1. No reloading within a season for any reason. If I am sacked (and only if I am sacked), I will restart from the end of the previous season (or the season before if I am sacked in pre-season). The reason for doing this is because if I try to go back just a few months, it'll get really dull. By going back at least 6 months or so, I will be playing a different game. In order to do this and to make tracking players easier, I will save a standalone version of the game after the last game of every season. If anyone would like a copy of any end-of-season save, let me know.
  2. Because player longevity is key here, I will be focussing significantly on youth so generally I'll only make signings that upgrade the first XI, are under the age of 20 or if I have no other back-up options. There'll be very few signings who are over 20 and not superstars.
  3. No downloaded tactics. I have used them for years, and I should move away from them. For this reason, my Leipzig save will be geared towards planning a tactic for Arsenal so I will make signings and sales initially so that the Leipzig squad mirrors the current Arsenal squad in terms of player types. I will be relying on anyone following this save for advice on tactical tweaks that might help, but NOT whole tactics.
  4. When I do the Arsenal save (this doesn't apply to Leipzig), I will disable opening window transfers so I cannot make signings (other than the ones Arteta makes) until the first January.

The aim of the game is to break records, and these are the ones I am looking to break at Leipzig (although obviously Arsenal's will be higher):

Club

Highest League Position: 2nd (at Arsenal this will be total number of title wins by one manager)
Most Points in a Season: 80
Fewest Points in a Season: 50 (yes, I will be looking to beat negative records too, but I anticipate trying to do this once ALL the positive ones are done!)
Most League wins in a season: 26
Fewest League wins in a season: 13
Most League defeats in a season: 12 in 2026/27
Fewest League defeats in a season: 0 (never realised that Leipzig had done an unbeaten season, but will aim to match it)
Most League draws in a season: 12
Fewest League draws in a season : 2
Most League goals scored in a season: 81
Fewest League goals scored in a season: 39
Most Matches won in a row: 15 (2009-10)
Most Matches without losing: 30 (2012-13)
Most Matches lost in a row: 3 (2015)
Most Matches without winning: 8 (2024-25)
Most Matches without scoring: 3 (October 2027)
Most Matches without conceding: 7 (2009)
Highest Attendance: 43,348
Highest Gate Receipts: N/A
Average Attendance: 41,477
Lowest Attendance: 420 (probably impossible to beat)
Biggest Win: 14-0 v Homberg, August 2029
Biggest Defeat: 0-9 v Dortmund in 2024
Highest Scoring Match: 14-0 v Homberg, August 2029 (8-2 in league)
Highest Transfer Fee Paid: £68m for Michael Kayode from Fiorentina, July 2026
Highest Transfer Fee Received: £107m for Xavi Simons to Real Madrid, July 2028

Players

Most League Appearances: Yussuf Poulsen - 311
Most Overall Appearances: Unsure for Leipzig, will start with O'Leary's record for Arsenal
Most League Goals: Timo Werner - 93
Most Overall Goals: Unsure for Leipzig, will start with Henry's record for Arsenal
Most Overall Goals by a player in a season: Benjamin Sesko - 35 in 2025/26
Most League Goals by a player in a season: Timo Werner - 28 in 2019/20
Highest Average Rating: Xavi Simons (42 apps) in 2027/28
Youngest Player: 16y9d - Jan Feldmuller in 2024
Oldest Player: 36y186d - Philipp Tschauner in 2022

Fastest Goal: 9s - Daniel Frahn in 2013
Most goals by a player in a match: 4 - Carlos Henrique Amaro in 2029 (same in the league)
Most assists by a player in a season: Xavi Simons - 22 in 2027/28
Most overall assists: Roony Bardghji  - 65

Most clean sheets by a player in a season: 20 - Anatolii Trubin in 2025/26
Most player of the match awards in a season: 8 - Benjamin Sesko in 2025/26, Roony Bardghji in 2026/27 and Carlos Henrique Amaro in 2028/29
Most overall player of the match awards: Benjamin Sesko - 25
Youngest Goalscorer: 16y75d - Daniel Konig in 2025
Oldest Goalscorer: 34y361d - Lars Muller in 2011

I make that 44 records to track in total. For the Arsenal save there will be a few more: most FA Cups for sure, most overall trophies...I'll have a think about any more I could add, although feel free to suggest them. 

The colour codings denote how easy or difficult I anticipate it being to break the record (and will apply even when I have broken it, which I will denote by making it bold).

Edited by GreyedOutMan

Cool idea. Good luck with it.

22 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Fastest Goal: 9s - Daniel Frahn in 2013

You might be playing for a very long time to try and beat this one... I have a vision in my head of a future time when all the other records have been beaten and you are now playing with 11 forwards on very attacking (I know it's not really possible, but with visions... what the heck) :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, mpm2342 said:

Cool idea. Good luck with it.

You might be playing for a very long time to try and beat this one... I have a vision in my head of a future time when all the other records have been beaten and you are now playing with 11 forwards on very attacking (I know it's not really possible, but with visions... what the heck) :rolleyes:

Yes, that one is never gonna happen!

Posted (edited)

In February now and realised I want to clarify one thing - Timo Werner was still at the club until January and scored a couple more goals, but I'm not counting that as breaking a record. But the record now he has left stands at 89!

Similarly, Youssef Poulsen has broken the appearance record before the end of the first season, but I won't be counting that either (though I will update it).

I have however broken the first record, with Assane Diao, newly signed from Betis, scoring on his debut against Union Berlin on 4th February, aged 18 years 150 days. But I don't anticipate this record lasting long as I imagine a youth graduate will soon break it.

Edited by GreyedOutMan

Posted (edited)

2nd season started and Christian Bamberger, a youth academy graduate, has made his debut as the youngest player in our history.  He looks promising. 2 records down...

STOP PRESS: Broke it again! Jan Feldmuller was even younger. This is a record that is unlikely to be broken much more since I can't play under 16s...

Edited by GreyedOutMan

With the first season over, I have now broken quite a few of the "low hanging fruit" records. Dani Olmo has been great, as has Sesko. It wasn't quite enough for a title, however: image.thumb.png.c635c3d20aa53bab2db0278956f83730.png

But a good start for sure, and I have a few candidates for some of the more long term records already, including Sesko who I'm fairly sure will establish himself as the top goalscorer in Leipzig's history, at least for a while.

On 14/06/2024 at 15:13, GreyedOutMan said:

Wasn't expecting to break this record in season two!

image.png.290a1393dd7c4b03879c4a07ae47881c.png

I did have my left back sent off early on but still not ideal!

Ouch, you didn't just break it, you smashed it and ground it into dust :applause:

A disappointing second season has seen us fall short of the Champions League. image.png.96211a46eb306d3ad8be03c212a18f87.png

Should be a temporary setback, I have a few really good players coming though...as well as Roony Bardghi who I'm sure you're familiar with...

image.thumb.png.e971c4ddbb94a0a7f84500cbe4960031.png

image.thumb.png.9510684eb941749a69e91a266fba34e2.png

image.thumb.png.2c5f3367157213928c4b585f11a935ce.png

image.thumb.png.1d17494a3c29304dcbc0abf721bd9c59.png

A disappointing end to 2025/26 as we miss out on the CL on the final day and then lose the Europa League Final to some team from Middlesex who smelt really bad. But a fair few broken records this year nonetheless: Sesko scored 35 goals in total this year, and will surely overhaul Werner sooner rather than later. He also got 18 man of the match awards. Roony Bardghji got 18 assists, and Trubin kept 20 clean sheets. Daniel Konig became the youngest goalscorer at 16y75d.

All updated above.

That is a heck of a challenge. Good luck with that. !

One thing that you could consider is not a record per se but it is something that I raised as feature request recently. 
You could track All-Time/Eternal Table and try to top this as well. I think it could be a bit of a pain to track as you would have to update manually :D 

Here is my feature request  if you or anyone might want to give it thumbs up, it might be introduced in the game :D 

I mean, surely this is an obvious aim of any save, because it would mean you have total dominance in your league? If it's a feature in FM25 I might add it in. I'd prefer they added a feature involving stats for all comps rather than just league, personally. I track that to do these records.

I think I've now reached a critical point in my save where my entire first choice eleven is set for the foreseeable. Every player in this first XI is under 25 (apart from the keeper who can play for longer anyway) and they are all potentially world beaters. It's happened quicker than I thought, but I can't see why this team couldn't beat every record going. The only question will be who gets each one!image.thumb.png.9552e2fff8ea4fd5cacb08d6516544d7.png

2027-8 season is in the books and finally back into the Champions League. Dortmund are the team to finally break the Bayern dominance though. A shame, I was hoping I could do that:

image.png.9af08e0023b24ad00db8abe0db3e8f8a.png

The records are starting to be taken over gradually...

image.thumb.png.398d408f7b239da124f255cae3ebfb1d.png

And these are the players at the club with a chance of breaking some of the longevity-type records. The ones in bold are the ones I think have a realistic chance of doing so...

image.png.8cfc413f56d4a699b98f17702c4b2926.png