Game 8: Romania vs Ukraine live from the Fußball Arena München. BBC1 2pm

What will be the result?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/06/24 at 12:59

euro_24_-_2_players_h2h_-_facebook_9_.jp

Possible line-ups

Romania: Moldovan; Burcă, Drăgușin, Rus, Bancu; Marius Marin, Răzvan Marin; Stanciu, Man, Drăguș, Mihăila

Ukraine: Lunin; Konoplia, Zabarnyi, Matviyenko, Zinchenko; Shaparenko, Stepanenko, Sudakov; Tsygankov, Dovbyk, Mudryk

This is the first time ever Romania and Ukraine have played each other in a major tournament.

Ukraine are backed by the Opta supercomputer to defeat Romania, winning 42.6% of pre-match simulations.

Mark Chapman presents coverage, with commentary by

image.png.71c4f1b907de4c609c4e7aff8fae7108.png and image.png.abcd9cd146571691e5e5dee38cd960be.png

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything other than a loss for us (Romania) would be a great achievement. despite the qualification result, our game is so bad and we have the cheapest squad on transfermarkt from all the teams at the euro. but if Ukraine make the mistake of going all attack on us we might get something out of the game...

The first "shouldn't you be at work?" game of these Euros.

One for the purists and completionists. Goalless draw written all over. (Either that or Dovbyk scores a hat-trick. :D)

Edited by CFuller

Romania to try and stack their right side to defend against Mudryk, Stepananko and Zinchenko, only for a goal to come from the other side.

I reckon 1-0 Ukraine.

1 minute ago, Barry Cartman said:

Interesting that Zinchenko is at left back, only played there a few times for his country 

Think he is only playing there ay Myolenko injured, otherwise would be CM. 

Hoping for Mudryk to step up today.

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Denis Man, remember him as a bit of a good, lowkey, cheap pickup on FM several years ago. :D 

He was supposed to be the next NT leader, but stagnated.

There's still time, he's 25 and had a great season in Parma's promotion.

1 minute ago, Barry Cartman said:

Interesting that Zinchenko is at left back, only played for a few times for his country 

Mykolenko is injured.

No Yarmolenko... :( 

Already a squad member in 2012, 2016 and 2020... so there is a chance for him to join the list of Euros four-timers if he gets on.

Before today he had started all 11 of the previous Euros games in Ukraine's entire history :D

Am I the only one confused by Lunin starting ahead of Trubin? Can't say I've followed Benfica, but I thought Trubin was the next big thing, whereas Lunin was hardly convincing at Real Madrid in the couple games I saw.

1 minute ago, lovenkrands01 said:

Am I being a thicko, this a joke? Cos I genuinely thought that too :D

I think the mascots are in the Lidl brand colours because Lidl are a key sponsor.  But definitely looks like a knocked off Ecuador top :D

8 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Am I the only one confused by Lunin starting ahead of Trubin? Can't say I've followed Benfica, but I thought Trubin was the next big thing, whereas Lunin was hardly convincing at Real Madrid in the couple games I saw.

Might be the only part Rebrov was interested in. :D

I like this Ukrainian front 4, good amount of talent in there.

6 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

The Romanian fans are making an incredible racket.

Proper tournament game this.  Colourful kits, red hot weather, random weekday afternoon match slot, third choice commentary team dispatched to cover the unfashionable sides.

Magical stuff.

Imagine moaning about 24 teams when we would otherwise just be twiddling our thumbs waiting for the 5pm kickoff.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Proper tournament game this.  Colourful kits, red hot weather, random weekday afternoon match slot, third choice commentary team dispatched to cover the unfashionable sides.

Magical stuff.

Imagine moaning about 24 teams when we would otherwise just be twiddling our thumbs waiting for the 5pm kickoff.

and it's the type of game you pick who to support based on totally arbitrary factors. I'm fully behind Romania because I've recently made a new Romanian friend and I've managed Rapid Bucharest a couple of times on FM :D

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Magical stuff.

Parts of Germany are expected to hit 30 degrees in the next couple of days. May be a bit of a factor in some of the midweek games.

5 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Parts of Germany are expected to hit 30 degrees in the next couple of days. May be a bit of a factor in some of the midweek games.

30 degree is mild weather in June.

Remember 2006? Was way hotter. Croatia-Japan in Nunberg at 3pm was unplayable, was close to 40C.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

30 degree is mild weather in June.

Remember 2006? Was way hotter. Croatia-Japan in Nunberg at 3pm was unplayable, was close to 40C.

The Northern reaches of Europe can and will moan about these temperatures :D