Game 13: Croatia vs Albania live from the Volksparkstadion. ITV1 2pm

What will be the result?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/24 at 12:59

md2_croalb.jpeg?imwidth=2048

Possible line-ups

Croatia: Livaković; Stanišić, Šutalo, Gvardiol, Sosa; Modrić, Kovačić; Pašalić, Majer, Kramarić; Petković

Albania: Strakosha; Balliu, Ismjali, Gjimsiti, Mitaj; Ramadani, Asllani, Bajrami; Hoxha, Asani, Broja

image.png.6dcd8c8c4b43c0acd011c734f45a567c.png

You have to say, must win for both sides. Croatia looked... old in their first game. Albania gave a good account of themselves in their first game, but do they have the firepower to beat Croatia and breath life into their Euro 24?

Albania are not given much hope by the Opta supercomputer as Sylvinho’s side triumphed in just 15.7% of 10,000 pre-match simulations.

Croatia are the strong favourites in Hamburg, winning a dominant 62.9% of data-led sims to get three points on the board in Group B.

A draw would only further damage Croatia’s top-two hopes, with that result forecast in 21.3% of the supercomputer’s sims.

Mark Pougatch presents, with analysis from Ian Wright, Karen Carney and Danny Rohl, and commentary by

image.png.77178a43947c7bf66234916fbc415493.png and image.png.712c37649d361b6d6800fa44e5e9f5f6.png

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is going to be the dullest game of the tournament.

The wheels have fallen off, clown Dalić has lost it.

The usual talk of a manager who doesn't have much left, how he won three medals in six years while England hasn't won anything. :D

Took injured Vlašić because I guess he prayed hard for his recovery only to send him home already because...you guessed it, he's injured.

Not to mention cheerleader Vida, making it a 24 man squad before the tournament even began.

Still, there's a lot of quality, but this is going to be a very boring affair.

Edited by GunmaN1905

We all thought Turkey vs Georgia will be the dullest game of the tournament and that one proved us all wrong. Gunman will have to eat his own words when Dalic take the handbrake off with nothing to lose and we get a goal bonanza. :D 

YES LADS, IT’S PERMUTATIONS TIME :cool:

If there is a loser in this one they COULD be eliminated as early as tomorrow, depending on the result of the Spain-Italy match. 

Even though a loser here could still win their last game and finish on three points, there are a number of scenarios where they would still only finish 4th in the group and would be unable to finish 3rd. This is because they would already have an inferior h2h record against whichever other team would finish on three points with them.

The order of the games is really key in this respect. Like one of Croatia/Albania could be out with a game still to play. Whereas Hungary/Scotland definitely CAN’T find themselves in this position, even though they could also be sitting on 0 points from two games by tonight.

Edited by Rob1981

Pougatch on with the B-list pundits again, and Laura Woods has got the day off. Interesting.

ITV have got two games tomorrow. With any luck they will give Pougatch the Slovenia-Serbia game and let Laura Woods do Spain v Italy. Imagine if they actually move him aside during the course of the tournament and Woods is in the hot seat on her own in time for the final. It will be glorious to watch.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Pougatch on with the B-list pundits again, and Laura Woods has got the day off. Interesting.

ITV have got two games tomorrow. With any luck they will give Pougatch the Slovenia-Serbia game and let Laura Woods do Spain v Italy. Imagine if they actually move him aside during the course of the tournament and Woods is in the hot seat on her own in time for the final. It will be glorious to watch.

For the huge games last time they have Pougatch as the main anchor and Woods next to the pitch.

The true test of whether it's considered a big game is if she wears a dress rather than a trouser suit.

Within a minute Townsend talking *****, it was 1-1 after about 10 minutes in the last game so they had a chance for "0-0 lads" then.

Day off so I will be posting my own turds in the threads all day :thup:

Albania have got to go for this surely? Can’t leave themselves in a position where they need to beat Spain. Croatia ought to be happier with a point here if they think they can beat Italy.

15 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Spain v Italy is Pougatch according to the TV listings I have, Woods has the Slovenia/Serbia game

Edited by TM

6 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Albania have got to go for this surely? Can’t leave themselves in a position where they need to beat Spain. Croatia ought to be happier with a point here if they think they can beat Italy.

Play for the draw, see what happens imo

2 minutes ago, TM said:

Spain v Italy is Pougatch according to the TV listings I have, Woods has the Slovenia/Serbia game

Ugh. This post is a great advert for a downvote button.

Just now, Constantine said:

Yeah, this ain't ending 0-1...

Game on.

What was your commentator's reaction like? :D

10 minutes ago, DJ said:

Come on Shqipërisë! I don't hate Croatia, but I'd love for Albania to get something. 

Šutalo was never great, but you definitely did something to him at Ajax.

Brozović isn't for serious football anymore.

Livaković showing why Fenerbahce is his limit.

1 hour ago, Rob1981 said:

YES LADS, IT’S PERMUTATIONS TIME :cool:

Come on permutation King, I was wondering this last night, and if anyone knows it'll be you :D

Group X sees teams AA, BB and CC qualify. Are they then placed in separate quarters of the draw, so if all 3 keep winning knock out games, can we reach the Semi Finals where all 3 are still in, or will two of them clash again before then?

Just now, Constantine said:

They picked the oddly professional one for this game. No snide remarks, no underhanded comments, dude's alright so far.

I can't get over that Serbia was one ball in the draw away from being in this group instead of Italy. :D

I'm I right in thinking that Albanian supporters would have this match as their most keen to win of the three? Do these two nations have much bad blood between them?

1 minute ago, EdBed said:

Do these two nations have much bad blood between them?

Quite the opposite. Even though there's very little in common, hatred for Serbia unites the two nations.
As it usually goes in this part of Europe.

Edited by GunmaN1905

• Administrators

I'm I right in thinking that Albanian supporters would have this match as their most keen to win of the three? Do these two nations have much bad blood between them?

Well Albania-Italy is a kind of derby for them so I'm not sure. 

The quality of third and fourth teams at these Euros has really been quite high, better than the World Cup I would say. Great to see Albania currently in the lead.

9 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Šutalo was never great, but you definitely did something to him at Ajax.

He never played any good game for us despite getting lots of credit. He sucked when he arrived and never improved really.  'Never great' is putting it kindly.

6 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Come on permutation King, I was wondering this last night, and if anyone knows it'll be you :D

Group X sees teams AA, BB and CC qualify. Are they then placed in separate quarters of the draw, so if all 3 keep winning knock out games, can we reach the Semi Finals where all 3 are still in, or will two of them clash again before then?

Group winners and group runners up cannot re-meet until the final.  Where the third placed team goes is less clear due to the nature of there being 4 from 6, but it is possile that the third in group A plays first in group A in the quarters, for example, whereas third in group B cannot play another group B until they get a semi.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Looks like after saying Croatia are terrible and finished for the last 4 tournaments Gunman is finally properly right ;)

After yesterday I don’t think you should be mocking terrible sides claims :D

Group winners and group runners up cannot re-meet until the final.  Where the third placed team goes is less clear due to the nature of there being 4 from 6, but it is possile that the third in group A plays first in group A in the quarters, for example, whereas third in group B cannot play another group B until they get a semi.

Cheers :thup: