Game 17: Denmark vs England live from the Frankfurt Arena. BBC1 5pm

What will be the result?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 15:59

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

England are/were favourites for this tournament. Regardless of how results have gone in our group, we should be controlling these games and looking like a well oiled machine.

The ‘oh Denmark are good’ comments are nonsense. I’m not suggesting we should be steam rolling them 3-0. But this performance is absolutely garbage and not at all something we should be happy with.

Why are we not putting fear into the other top teams. Other teams watching this must be laughing.

Anyone watching this and being happy with the performance and picking up a draw… well, I have no words.

2 minutes ago, titchuk said:

Gordon and Mainoo for Foden and Trent I reckon.

Foden only one that’s shown anything tbh, Bellingham not been involved 

Southgate is always too stubborn to just admit he got it wrong though so he isnt going to change the lineup or tactics for anything even when anyone whos watched atleast 1 game of football could tell you this is horrific and not working.

• Administrators

Wouldn’t be against Watkins coming on for Foden if it’s not Gordon. 

Just now, Darren Moores Mum said:

Lineker and Micah almost close to actually calling out Southgate and his dire tactics.

I thought Gary was going full rogue, then he backed off a bit, sadly

Just now, Marc Albrighton said:

Southgate is always too stubborn to just admit he got it wrong though so he isnt going to change the lineup or tactics for anything even when anyone whos watched atleast 1 game of football could tell you this is horrific and not working.

I don't know that it's stubbornness tbh. He just doesn't actually have the nous to change things up if his plan A isn't working.

5 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Always leave yourself open to it by dropping back though, think we can afford to be a little more adventurous against this defence, Christensen is having a poor match vs Walker and Vestergaard is *****

It came from a throw, so we had to be that far back and we weren't in position to close.

Think both teams have been pretty **** tbh, very little pattern to it and no great chances created either way.

Out of possession:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Guehi - TAA

Saka - Rice - Bellingham - Gordon

Foden - Kane

In possession:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Guehi

Rice - TAA

Saka - Foden - Bellingham - Gordon

Kane

and we win the ting.

Edited by Smallen

3 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Foden has been absolutely awful.

I dunno, as wasteful as his shots have been he's been the only one doing anything to actually get somewhere to have a shot in the first place

Tbh it's a nothing game. Neither team created anything of note before getting their goal, defences completely on top and the main creative force is the pitch randomly giving way near defenders. England might look more coherent with a midfielder in midfield and an overlap or underlap at left back though

That absolutely stank. We just can't deal with going a goal up and whilst the pitch is a factor (for both sides), literally nobody has played well. If anything, I'd go against the masses and say that Foden has been the only bright point.

Just now, The_jagster said:

It came from a throw, so we had to be that far back and we weren't in position to close.

Think both teams have been pretty **** tbh, very little pattern to it and no great chances created either way.

Oh yeah, I meant generally we were just getting deeper and deeper after 25 minutes, it was fine against Serbia because we generally still had control but the Danes showed a lot more before the worldie. I love Southgate but its a little frustrating even if the draw is absolutely a fine result

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

Out of possession:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Guehi - TAA

Saka - Rice - Bellingham - Gordon

Foden - Kane

In possession:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Guehi

Rice - TAA

Saka - Foden - Bellingham - Gordon

Kane

and we win the ting.

I don't know why you think Gordon would be a good attacking outlet in a Southgate side, by the time it reaches him he'll have no space to attack.

Just now, TalkSport said:

Like we’ve got so many players that are ball players, used to it week in week out, and yet we look so bad on the ball. 

Must all be system players, and not the coach.

woah ****ing hell calm down

1 minute ago, sc91 said:

Will say, Foden is the epitome of a system player, take him out of City and he doesn't look half as good.

Last 5 minutes it seemed like he'd given up on the England system, which made him look good but made the team look (even) worse.

Just now, Bigwig said:

Foden’s had a couple of ‘almost’ moments. Just needs one of them to come off and people will be praising him. 

Almost moments aren't good enough when he's been poor for so long. He needs to start delivering.

Just now, Bigwig said:

Foden’s had a couple of ‘almost’ moments. Just needs one of them to come off and people will be praising him. 

Just needed half a braincell to play in Kane tbf.

1 minute ago, sc91 said:

Will say, Foden is the epitome of a system player, take him out of City and he doesn't look half as good.

Tbf that’s because Foden hasn’t really got a role in this system. Gareth’s just stuck him there because he’s had to pick him but he’s got no idea how to actually use him.