Game 17: Denmark vs England live from the Frankfurt Arena. BBC1 5pm

What will be the result?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 15:59

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

I don't know why you think Gordon would be a good attacking outlet in a Southgate side, by the time it reaches him he'll have no space to attack.

We're sitting fairly deep and compact. There's plenty of space on the counter but all of our attackers are ball to feet players (I've been saying this). We need at least one of Rashford/Sterling/Gordon in this side to offer a different threat. 

I honestly thought we might get Foden to hold a bit more width tonight but it's been the other way.

Edited by Smallen

Still fuming with the Trent trial

He’s clearly not gonna play him in midfield against the bigger teams… so why are we even trying it

Get ****ing Wharton/Mainoo bedded in so they are ready for the knockout ganes

Just now, SouthCoastRed said:

Another 45 minutes of that and even Rob will be wavering

He already made all the permutations and draw is a good result here. :thup:

As I said the other day, this gif will be needed.

gareth-southgate.gif

2 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

Just needed half a braincell to play in Kane tbf.

it was really poor that, he seemed desperate to do something for himself to the detriment of the team

Just now, WillHoward42 said:

He’s clearly not gonna play him in midfield against the bigger teams… so why are we even trying it

it absolutely should be Wharton or Mainoo. Which means when it happens it will be Gallagher 

Just now, WillHoward42 said:

it absolutely should be Wharton or Mainoo. Which means when it happens it will be Gallagher 

1 minute ago, WillHoward42 said:

Both would sort some of this mess out but the press needs to be worked on first, wide players narrow in too much creating far too much space for them to hold onto it. 

Foden either drops into mid or get gordon/bowen/watkins on 

Also don't think it helps Trent/Bellingham that there is no one to pass to other than Saka. Kane is deeper than the midfield at times and Foden is central where he won't win duels against Vestergaard/Christensen.

It's funny watching how high Denmark's back line is compared to England's.

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Another 45 minutes of that and even Rob will be wavering

I was wavering three weeks ago as soon as Southgate started doing un-Southgate things.

You need to be prepared to leave good players out for the good of the team. After all these years I don’t know why he’s completely changed tack. Worried about his legacy I suppose. Doesn’t want to be the guy that kept faith with Rashford and Henderson and lost another final. Instead he can be the guy that shoehorned Bellingham and Foden into the same team and randomly picked TAA in midfield… then went out in the R16.

Can someone please explain how our manager can watch the last 20 or so mins of that first half and decide that the same players will work in the second?

1 minute ago, VP. said:

Can someone please explain how our manager can watch the last 20 or so mins of that first half and decide that the same players will work in the second?

Its a football thing tbh, they always gime them 10-15 minutes before changes appear. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

Why are all my posts duplicating? :D

No idea, but chuckled it happened on a post with a “more of the same” phrase in it. 

3 minutes ago, VP. said:

you can tell the same players to do different things. Let’s give it at least a few minutes first. Already looks like Bellingham is playing higher.

Edited by Smallen

2 minutes ago, BigV said:

Its a football thing tbh, they always gime them 10-15 minutes before changes appear. 

Just now, Smallen said:

you can tell the same players to do different things. Let’s give it at least a few minutes first Already looks like Bellingham is playing higher.

Or though I agree he's now had 90 mins v Serbia and 45 v Denmark to see something is very wrong!

our main issue here, and against Serbia, is our lack of intensity in the press out of possession. Only Rice is looking like he’s trying to win the ball.

Turned on this half and I think every single player has given the ball away and is sitting off. Southgate has been a good manager, but where is the balance and are there no traps to press?