Most Entertaining matches so far & anticipated entertaining matches

Lermon

11 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

Türkiye/Georgia has been the game of the tournament so far imo. 

Spain/Italy and France/Netherlands are the next two 8pm games, should be two good games there. 

I'm heading to the Spain/Italy game, cue it being a dire 0-0 with Spain playing keep-ball in their own half for most of it. 

13 hours ago, mrbpme said:

They seem to have arranged the least anticipated match ups for the 2pm slot?

you might be right, Slovenia versus Serbia doesn't sound great. 

1 hour ago, Lermon said:

Netherlands vs France will be a cracker of a game.

Definitely.  Wouldn't be shocked to see the Dutch spring a surprise there too.  Thought Spain were good last night and think they're a really good team to watch now. 

Last night's game was great even if pretty one-sided.

Spain weren't going for the old death by a thousand passes and were happy to go long if required. The two wide players being so direct also makes a massive difference. Every time they had the ball, they tried to have a go at the opposition fullbacks.

• Administrators

Yeah I gave into the hype there. Had trouble staying awake at parts of the first half :D 

I'm of the opinion now the third / fourth seed team games are much more entertaining watch at the moment. 

Maybe the bigger matches will have more entertainment in them when we get to the knockout phase as they are playing like warm up matches at the moment. I blame the 24 team format. 

ha I missed Netherlands vs France because I'd already watched one match and popped out.  I'm gutted I was wrong.  Guess they play each other too much.

I couldn't call the entertaining game of today but first two matches could be the more entertaining.

Netherlands vs Austria probably the game that’s grabbed my attention the most in the group stages. Cracking game with the added bonus of the underdog team getting the win and progressing through the group, and as group winners too.

France vs Belgium, and Romania vs Netherlands in the Last 16 could both be real crackers and I’m really looking forward to them, but weirdly I’m probably looking forward to Austria vs Turkey just as much because it should in theory be the most closely contested game and it could be quite a frenetic and feisty game. Sadly, I think Georgia will be plucky but ultimately get beaten quite easily by Spain, and I’d expect Germany to get last Denmark pretty comfortably too, but Italy, Portugal, and England will all be tested more by the Swiss, Slovenia, and Slovakia respectively.