Game 21: Netherlands vs France live from the Leipzig Stadium. BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Well that’s ridiculous. There was that goal Bruno(? Think it was United) scored that was given that was way worse than this :D 

Not given. Simons probably going to burst into tears.

To be fair, Xavi reminds me a bit of Gabriel Jesus - in the sense that he constantly looks like a 12-year-old who's had his XBox confiscated by his mum because he won't do his chores.

Scandalous, absolute outrageous. Keeper was never getting that. I hated English refs before, this has doubled it. 

1 minute ago, Astafjevs said:

He clearly makes a move to dive but Dumfries is standing there

Makes a move as all keepers do and realise it’s past him because it’s right in the corner.

Doesn't that fall into the realms of a subjective offside decision - regardless of what the on-field decision was?

Feel like they should have sent the referee to the screen after about 10 seconds and let him make a judgement on it. Just embarrassing taking minutes to decide in an office somewhere.

Just now, DJ said:

Scandalous, absolute outrageous. Keeper was never getting that. I hated English refs before, this has doubled it. 

And where does "was the keeper getting to it?" appear in the rulebook?

He practically gets nutmegged by the shot, stood next to the keeper, it's clearly the right decision.

Just now, Vynal Seven said:

I swear most of the “controversy “ surround refs decisions if from clueless commentators gaslighting viewers after perfectly correct decisions. 

This is very true. 

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

And where does "was the keeper getting to it?" appear in the rulebook?

He practically gets nutmegged by the shot, stood next to the keeper, it's clearly the right decision.

And where does 'standing next to' feature? He did not hinder the GK in the least bit. 

4 minutes ago, DJ said:

Hey, Makkelie still has time to level things up :mad: 

1 minute ago, DJ said:

And where does 'standing next to' feature? He did not hinder the GK in the least bit. 

His position impacts the ability of the keeper to play the ball.

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

Yah, and the ability of Griezman to make a last ditch tackle, too. Neither are ever realistically going to be able to do that. 

6 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Did you miss all of the Premier league last season?

No, it happened a lot. Take this decision for example, instead of the linesman getting praised for making a very difficult yet totally correct on field call, the narrative is once again how **** English refs and VAR is.

Edited by Vynal Seven

Just now, Pedwar Pump said:

I was going to say, is Depay really the best striker the Dutch have got? Then I saw who’s coming off the bench to replace him. Fair enough.

Not sure why Zirkzee hasn't been called up.

8 minutes ago, DJ said:

Sure, let's not blame Dumfries so standing next to the goalkeeper offside and not bothering to move out 

4 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

If Maignan tries to actually dive and he gets in the way then fair enough, but he didn’t so I think it’s inaccurate to say that he had any impact. Keepers dive into players/at players’ feet all the time, but Maignan didn’t even try to save it.

Edited by Smallen