Manual - Firefox problem

Hi,

did't found solution, so asking here :)

Do you also have problem with opening FM manual in Firefox? When I'm trying, I can't - I have only blank screen. Using other browsers - works properly.

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 17-55-33 Football Manager 2024 - SIGames Manual (beta) - Sports Interactive Community.png

1 hour ago, patpul said:

Hi,

did't found solution, so asking here :)

Do you also have problem with opening FM manual in Firefox? When I'm trying, I can't - I have only blank screen. Using other browsers - works properly.

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 17-55-33 Football Manager 2024 - SIGames Manual (beta) - Sports Interactive Community.png

Clear the cache and it should sort itself out. If you try in incognito it also work because it uses a fresh cache.

I just checked, I don't have issues with English manual, it works fine. But I have the same issues from your screenshot when I click on other languages. I don't know if that is because those manuals don't exist or if there is some issue ( but this is in all browsers so probably they are just empty )

shvzXrF.png.c32cae724f56e0c33b3761c54b758bf4.png

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Clear the cache and it should sort itself out. If you try in incognito it also work because it uses a fresh cache.

Yeah. Incognito mode works properly!
Strange because I'm using regular CCleaner, so I'm cleaning cache from time to time and I had this issue from long time.

2 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

I just checked, I don't have issues with English manual, it works fine. []

I had problems like this with any language and any FF browser (mobile, desktop and so on). Just blank pages.

Thanks, guys! :) Topic to close :)

11 hours ago, patpul said:

Yeah. Incognito mode works properly!
Strange because I'm using regular CCleaner, so I'm cleaning cache from time to time and I had this issue from long time.

Yeah, that's the usual thing when a page looks wonky, see if it works in incognito. If it does, then the issue is client side, not server side. So either something in the cache or an extension (like ad block or tampermonkey or the like) most likely. I've had the same in Chrome once, so it's probably something to do with how the page is cached that can occasionally screw things up. Not sure why a tool like CCleaner wouldn't fix it, other than if you've asked it to not clean browsers completely or something.

If you want to clear cache manually just press CRTL-SHIFT+DEL and it should be cleaned manually without navigating the menus.

11 hours ago, patpul said:

I had problems like this with any language and any FF browser (mobile, desktop and so on). Just blank pages.

This makes me suspect an extension, btw. It's unlikely your cache is corrupted on multiple devices, unless FF share the cache between devices...?

Posted (edited)
On 23/06/2024 at 12:22, XaW said:

btw. It's unlikely your cache is corrupted on multiple devices, unless FF share the cache between devices...?

In case of ie. search history, bookmarks - yup. Desktop and mobile.

Thanks for your help and advices :)

EDIT. I found other interesting thing. When I'm logged in to my account here, I can't open manual (as in the first post). But when I sign out - everything works ;) Ok, whatever :) At least I know what to do ;)

Edited by patpul