Games 25 and 26: Switzerland vs Germany live from the Frankfurt Arena BBC2 8pm AND Scotland vs Hungary live from the Stuttgart Arena BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

• Switzerland win
    • Draw
    • Germany win
  2. 2. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Smallen said:

players really need to stop trying to win pens instead of just… scoring. You were clean though lad and then bizarrely tried to jump in front of the defender :D 

They understand xg now :brock:

Don't think Armstrong was 'looking' for the penalty - he just wasn't set in his body position, and was trying to right himself and protect the ball. Not convinced it was a pen, but don't think he would have strolled through and finished the chance either.

Commentary still think it's a penalty but I'm just not having it at all. I don't think VAR overturns it if the ref gives it, but I think that's good refereeing to spot what Armstrong's tried to do, and 100% correct from VAR to stick with the on field decision.

1 minute ago, Sned said:

Don't think Armstrong was 'looking' for the penalty - he just wasn't set in his body position, and was trying to right himself and protect the ball. Not convinced it was a pen, but don't think he would have strolled through and finished the chance either.

Are you on a wind up :D

That reverse angle they just showed confirms its a good call to me. At the point they make contact he's not even within playing distance of the ball, which he had been before he jumped away from it.

1 minute ago, Darren Moores Mum said:

Scotland might get the Turkey chance with Hungary throwing up their keeper to get a winner. Could be interesting. :D

If it gets to 99th minute it might genuinely be a smart tactic to boot it out for a corner because of this

5 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Are you on a wind up :D

Na. I think he misjudged the position of the ball, and his body position was awkward, and he did what every player does when that happens and tries to get his body between the ball and opponent. Happened really quickly and he isn't a striker, but honestly as a midfielder if that happens in the middle of the park you get a free-kick for it.

(so maybe he was looking for it :D)

Just now, m_fenton said:

Stats say Scotland had 1 shot, I can't remember when.

Adams had a shot from about 20 yards out, was nowhere near. Not surprised you don't remember.