Games 29 & 30: Netherlands vs Austria from the Olympiastadion Berlin BBC2 5pm AND France vs Poland from the BVB Stadion Dortmund BBC1 5pm

What will be the result?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

2. 2. What will be the result

• France win
    • Draw
    • Poland win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/24 at 15:59

md3_nedaut.jpeg?imwidth=2048

Possible line-ups

Netherlands: Verbruggen; Dumfries, De Vrij, Van Dijk, Aké; Schouten, Simons, Reijnders; Frimpong, Depay, Gakpo
Misses next match if booked: Schouten, Veerman

Austria: Pentz; Posch, Danso, Lienhart, Mwene; Seiwald, Laimer; Wimmer, Baumgartner, Sabitzer; Gregoritsch
Misses next match if booked: Arnautović, Baumgartner, Danso, Laimer, Mwene, Wimmer, Wöber

The Netherlands are backed by the Opta supercomputer for victory in Berlin, winning a convincing 43.8% of 10,000 pre-match simulations for Tuesday's meeting. Austria were victorious in 28.2% of the same data-led sims, while the draw – which will likely still be enough for Rangnick's men – was forecast in 28.0%.

Gabby Logan presents, with analysis from James McFadden Thomas Hitzlsperger and Ashley Williams, and commentary by Jonathan Pearce

euro_24_-_2_players_h2h_-_facebook_2_.jp

Possible line-ups

France: Maignan; Koundé, Saliba, Upamecano, Hernandez; Dembélé, Kanté, Tchouaméni, Rabiot; Griezmann, Thuram
Misses next match if booked: Dembélé, Mbappé

Poland: Skorupski; Bednarek, Dawidowicz, Kiwior; Frankowski, Slisz, Moder, Zieliński, Zalewski; Urbański, Lewandowski
Misses next match if booked: Lewandowski, Moder, Slisz, Szczęsny

The Opta supercomputer makes France heavy favourites, with Les Bleus winning 70.3% of pre-match simulations.

Gary Lineker presents with analysis from Alan Shearer, Frank Lampard and Micah Richards, and commentary by Steve Bower

image.png.2254c88d29f470caa82634ec2492fac6.png

Not much to play for here apart from who finishes 1-2-3

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.e0171d433a8472aa614338cf8ce68055.png

Not sure I can remember a final round of matches with so little riding on them.

France are through.  Netherlands are through.  Austria are through unless they somehow lose by five goals :D

In different circumstances, we might get a good tussle to decide who comes out top of the group.  Except from this group you only have to play a group runner-up anyway.  Doesn't really matter whether you are 1st or 2nd.  And if Austria can move up from 3rd they MIGHT avoid England or Spain... but there is a decent chance that they could finish 3rd and still only have to play Romania or Slovakia or Ukraine.

Even the lads from Hungary and Croatia that are sweating on their third place finishes in the other groups... there are no combinations of results that can definitely qualify OR definitely eliminate either of them.  That can only happen when the Group C games start later on tonight.

I would give these a swerve to be honest.

Go and get ready for the England game.  Crack a couple of beers open and spend the two hours listening to Vindaloo on repeat.

Edited by Rob1981

37 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

I would give these a swerve to be honest.

Go and get ready for the England game.  Crack a couple of beers open and spend the two hours listening to Vindaloo on repeat.

Look I'm leaving work early to get home to watch these and you can't stop me

I'd go for a walk but it's humid and horrible (and I have sunburn from yesterday despite having no direct sun on me all day!)

Football plus internet distractions it is

Austria play some good stuff under Rangnick, but I've got a bad feeling they're going to crumble today. The Netherlands to win 3-0, but both teams to go through regardless.

France will smash Austria reserves Poland to pieces.

Netherlands XI: Verbruggen; Geertruida, De Vrij, Van Dijk, Aké; Schouten, Reijnders, Veerman; Malen, Gakpo,  Memphis.

Austria XI: Pentz; Posch, Lienhart, Wöber, Prass; Seiwald, Grillitsch; Wimmer, Sabitzer, Schmid; Arnautović.

France XI: Maignan; Koundé, Upamecano, Saliba, Hernández; Tchouaméni, Kanté, Rabiot; Dembélé, Barcola, Mbappé.

Poland XI: Skorupski; Bednarek, Dawidowicz, Kiwior; Frankowski, Szymański, Moder, Zieliński, Zalewski; Lewandowski, Urbański.

Netherlands win + France draw is probably the best outcome for England?  Group finishes - 1) Netherlands, 2) France, 3) Austria

We avoid France and Netherlands in the R16, and if we win the group then France, Germany, Spain and Portugal are all in the other half of the draw.

@GunmaN1905 will explode if we get to another final without having to play anyone good.

I would like for Poland to get something in a minute so every team has at least 1 point. Wonder if that has ever happened before.

BBC commentary teams:

France vs Poland - Steve Bower & Dion "Stairs leading to the bedroom" Dublin.

Netherlands vs Austria - Jonathan Pearce. That's all the ICDB says. I hope he's not doing it all by himself.

Edited by CFuller

"Budimir's a big unit. 6'3, about as wide as he is tall. Looks like wardrobe"
"I was watching the Netherlands France game with the Dutch and the bloke behind was about 19 feet tall, drank about 19 beers and half of them landed on my back"
"Fagioli"

Some of the stuff Johnathon Pearce came out with last night. Would make a great duo with Roy Keane as Keane would look at him like he has two heads half the time.

Gabby says that the Dutch have nicked "Sweet Caroline" from England.

Yeah, but England nicked it from Northern Ireland first...

IMG_6718.jpeg.4e58a3003bb777c4c5946e126bd3f45f.jpeg

Edited by CFuller

2 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Surprised France didn't rest Mbappe considering they are through already and he has that broken nose.

They want to win the group.

If they don't, they go on the same side of the draw with Portugal, Spain and Germany.

They'd rather play Belgium, England andd Italy.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Tuned in to France-Poland because @CFuller promised Dion Dublin, instead it's Martin Keown :thdn:

Switching to the other game.

Don't blame me, blame the Internet Commentator Database. :mad:

2 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Still don't understand Dembele. End product is always terrible. Everytime. 

To have a terrible end product, you need to be able to create an opportunity for that end product. He's good at that.

Also had that great run for Theo's chance.

Very flawed player, but works well enough in his role.

31 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Gabby says that the Dutch have nicked "Sweet Caroline" from England.

Yeah, but England nicked it from Northern Ireland first...

IMG_6718.jpeg.4e58a3003bb777c4c5946e126bd3f45f.jpeg

Which is in turn stolen from US baseball

To be honest this was kinda expected. Not sure why Koeman even started Veerman in a match where you know the tempo will be incredibly high, he just isn't suited for that.

Edited by Freakiie