Games 29 & 30: Netherlands vs Austria from the Olympiastadion Berlin BBC2 5pm AND France vs Poland from the BVB Stadion Dortmund BBC1 5pm

Coulthard's Jaw

What will be the result?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

2. 2. What will be the result

• France win
    • Draw
    • Poland win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/24 at 15:59

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

That's an absolute disgrace. Penalties like that have to be banned.

I thought proper stuttering several times wasn't allowed anymore, the one the other day was probably just about okay as it was only once and he didn't totally stop like that :D

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Another example of commentators getting angry about something that's not happening. "THIS WOULD BE SCANDALOUS IF THEY DON'T OVERTURN THIS" - lads, they're overturning it, calm down. And Danny Murphy whinging about the ref going to the screen when they were all moaning about refs not going to the screen in the first season of VAR in the PL.

I do wonder if other countries have pundits and commentary as bad as we do. Pearce never has a clue what's actually going on. 

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

+1 to the "**** the stutter run ups." Really need to just make it a rule that once you start you have to maintain the same pace/quicker with no slowing down or something. Just anything to stop these horrific runs.

None of the best takers ever do this nonsense, but have traditional run-ups.

Just now, Darren Moores Mum said:

I do wonder if other countries have pundits and commentary as bad as we do. Pearce never has a clue what's actually going on. 

It's even more frustrating because there's plenty to actually criticise with the whole VAR situation yet they just invent things to get mad about. Can't remember what game it was but someone, I think Jenas, spent about 5 minutes basically going "god, wouldn't it have been disgraceful if they gave a penalty there?" for some handball for a check that didn't even take long.

This particular case probably took longer than needed but why are they sat there getting angry about the goal not standing when it got given? :D 

Just now, Darren Moores Mum said:

American TV is the worst. Well, Fox Sports has decent pundits, but that's because they're English. Watching a game on ABC or CBS is constant facepalm.

4 minutes ago, Darren Moores Mum said:

We got a the most serious talk show on national television tonight with one of topics being advertised as questioning of Makkelie's integrity and the reasoning for 8 minutes of stoppage time. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Pukey said:

+1 to the "**** the stutter run ups." Really need to just make it a rule that once you start you have to maintain the same pace/quicker with no slowing down or something. Just anything to stop these horrific runs.

I thought it was, turns out I was wrong and it's only after completing the run up.

Should make it if you don't finish your run up within 3 seconds of starting the goalie can come off his line.

Switching over to see if Poland can hold on and keep France in second place in the group.

Another goal for Netherlands in the Austria-Netherlands game and Austria and Netherlands would switch places but France would still stay second. If both games are drawn, Netherlands are above France on goals scored. 

Edited by Rob1981

4 minutes ago, Bootador said:

I thought it was, turns out I was wrong and it's only after completing the run up.

Should make it if you don't finish your run up within 3 seconds of starting the goalie can come off his line.

They did start/trial a rule where keepers could charge out a loooong time ago but it then went too far the other way in favour of the keeper.