FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

1 minute ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Agree with you on both points.

Miles needs to hire somebody to write these updates for him.  He can't stop himself from sticking his foot in his mouth.

We've been clamoring for an update to international management for years now.  It's ridiculous that they've done absolutely nothing, and now suddenly claim to not have enough time to fix it.

Why change the habit of a lifetime? Remember the 42 minute video? 

I'm sure he's great in the background, but I'd keep him as far away from announcements and updates as possible. Unless he's suddenly learned how to take feedback properly now? 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Aim_Less said:

So what do you call removing  internacional management, Touchline shouts, Social Media, Data Chalkboard?

And probably lot more that's not announced 

Aside from international management for those that were into that, I'd call it trimming **** that didn't add anything to the game. Next question?

1 minute ago, Aim_Less said:

So what do you call removing  internacional management, Touchline shouts, Social Media, Data Chalkboard?

And probably lot more that's not announced 

Well, no you can't say 'probably a lot more' as you haven't got the first clue if that's the case. 

As for what they've removed, although it's hardly ideal, they have temporarily removed parts of the game that either a very small percentage of the player base use, or in the case of touchline shouts, something that never really worked the way it was intended. And in doing this, they can then focus on getting the core game released with the minimum disruption to the maximum amount of users. These things can all be added on again in future editions. 

The only one I'll miss is the shouts, although let's be honest, it only really gave you the illusion what you were doing was making a blind bit of difference. 

1 minute ago, Craigus89 said:

Indeed. It is a super weird tone for a development update that could be hyping a new release for a game that is beloved in the community. 

It should be called the "FM25 "Don't get your hopes up lads" update".

And to be fair, that was a tone I raised when they announced 24 as well.  The tone was all about how revolutionary 25 was going to be, and stopping just short of saying that 24 was going to be a bit naff as a result.  Looks even worse given these announcements.

So we won’t be able to select to play only men’s football? 
National team management won’t be playable? 
Weight won’t be shown anymore?

Man… 

10 minutes ago, mackem10 said:

If that is indeed the reasoning, as sad as it sounds, would it not be more appropriate to remove it from the Women's game?

I think that is the reasoning and yes it is sad, a reflection of our toxic social media and society sadly. :(
Tbh you only have to look on these forums to see the negative comments about women's football and its inclusion in FM.

I think just removing weight from the women's part of the game would make it more of a target and also I think SI want the game worlds to be as comparable as possible.

Aside from international management for those that were into that, I'd call it trimming **** that didn't add anything to the game. Next question?

It's because people like you yearly releases quality has gone down.

Let me take a guess you buy call of duty every year? Or FIFA?

Hope SI turns the ship around because the iceberg is straight ahead 

Must be a horrible time for them just now just trying to get this released on time. PR disaster it may be, but fair play to them for at least being open and honest about it, a rarity in today's gaming landscape. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The one Gen Z couldn't handle because of their 5-minute attention spans? That one? 

It was nothing to do with attention spans, it was just a 42 minute update that could have been condensed into 5. 

They spent 5 (FIVE) minutes alone talking about sleeve patches on the players changing depending on the league they were in. Thats the definition of something that could have been an email rather than a meeting. 

Production hell in all its glory.

It's ironic that I've been against social networks since their introduction in FM17, but only now have SI actually admitted the pointlessness of all these "features". All this time we needed smart AI, sensible graphics, a quality interface, adequate interaction with players. But for almost 10 years we got something we didn't ask for and wasn't needed or even finished, so that in the end it was just thrown out. Well, better late than never.

I hope they remove all this garbage from the hierarchy tab, like players who give advice on contracts and playing time for their teammates.

3 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

So we won’t be able to select to play only men’s football? 
National team management won’t be playable? 
Weight won’t be shown anymore?

Man… 

Yes you can. Just select the men-only leagues you want to play.
Same as if in FM24 you don't want to play MLS, don't select it.
Simples :)

Disappointed about Internstional but I hope it's still in the game (even outside ME)

I wish SI would at least show us a glimpse of the SI because I'm one oF those who enjoys graphics. I want a good looking ME that looks better than what we have now.

Just now, Birdman10piyu said:

I wish SI would at least show us a glimpse of the SI because I'm one oF those who enjoys graphics. I want a good looking ME that looks better than what we have now.

Presumably this will be in the update at the end of the month. 

1 minute ago, Lord Rowell said:

I think that is the reasoning and yes it is sad, a reflection of our toxic social media and society sadly. :(
Tbh you only have to look on these forums to see the negative comments about women's football and its inclusion in FM.

I think just removing weight from the women's part of the game would make it more of a target and also I think SI want the game worlds to be as comparable as possible.

I understand the target thing, but to be fair, that's already been done with this announcement.

Personally, I have zero interest in the women's game being implemented, if it is of interest to others and SI are of the belief they can sell more by doing so, then great. But now it is actively taking aspects away from the game mode I do enjoy, it doesn't appear a great introduction.

Hopefully, there will be a mod easily available to show them and then everybody happy, kinda.

My take on this is a few things:

- The removal of international management, while I didn't use it often it was nice to still have it and honestly hearing them remove features is not a good sign. I do however appreciate the honesty here however this along with the other removals does leave me questioning how 'finished' this game will be when it releases.

- The testing delay is potentially worrying, however I just hope that after the testing that the game will not be too buggy when its ready for release.

-The Weight removal I'm guessing this will only be on the player profile? Probably will still be in the editor and most likely re-enabled through custom skins? I don't mind it as I never really paid attention to it,  however the explanation is a strange one as I know EAFC 24 shows player weight for both female and male and that never has caused an issue for them?

1 hour ago, Dbuk1 said:

Removing weights is pointless woke. If people want to be horrible about someone online do you think they need to check the fm24 profile page? 

God I hate the term woke.

I suspect that women don't want their weight published or estimated but this is just a small part of the reason why women should not be playing men's football. Now, before people jump in let me explain;

Women should be playing women's football and if they did I would be more interested in it. As it is they are expected to use the same setup and the same rules as men most importantly the size of the pitch and the height of the goals but also the size of the football. I applaud them I do but it would be so much either and their game would advance so much faster if they played what suited them. Men, on average, are about 15 percent to 20 percent larger than women. This means all the items I've mentioned are that much too big, too high, too long. Women must run that much further too. And it show in their game. I've seen a lot of very talented women footballers but they can't kick the ball as far as the pitch needs and they can't reach the ball in goal because the goal is not their size.

Like it or not women are made differently than men, I know that might surprise some of you, but all that's going to happen when women play men's football is the sport will follow the same trends as the men. All the shorter women will be disregarded no matter how talented they are. All the weaker women will be disregarded no matter how skillful they are. We are only at the start of this now but what we see in the men's game will be repeated and although in the men's game now it's still possible for a real talent to force their way regardless of size it's going to be harder for women. It'll be harder be women are starting from a lower base average.

So if they want to play the men's game they should get used to people talking about their weight. But that leads to a whole different ball game and society in general.

TBF many men are quite conscious of their height (going as far as giving false information on dating apps as not to be immediately discarded as an option by the opposite sex - so a friend told me) - so why display that?

Edited by scythian12

17 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Sorry, but no. Removing a fundamental part of a managers judgement when signing players is not a good thing. At least for those who like immersion/realism. 

This Reddit headline pretty much sums it up. It all exists in the background…but no one is allowed to see it? If it exists then show it in game because it’s obviously of some value…otherwise the category would not exist at all.

IMG_0703.jpeg

Err... you can look at strength. Should give you a fairly clear idea. Given weight doesn't actually do anything in game that seems like a reach.

3 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Yes you can. Just select the men-only leagues you want to play.
Same as if in FM24 you don't want to play MLS, don't select it.
Simples :)

I hope so

“From a gameplay perspective, being able to move seamlessly between managing men’s and women’s clubs and vice-versa in one world, one ecosystem was the number one priority - but that’s forced us to consider how various game world aspects are currently portrayed.”

From this quote I thought both modes were integrated but I might be wrong since English isn’t my mother language 😅

13 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

This is supposed to be a simulation game you realize that right? Have you ever seen a real football game where was not manager shouting at his players from the touchline? 

4 minutes ago, Delicate Dave said:

I suspect that women don't want their weight published or estimated but this is just a small part of the reason why women should not be playing men's football. Now, before people jump in let me explain;

Women should be playing women's football and if they did I would be more interested in it. As it is they are expected to use the same setup and the same rules as men most importantly the size of the pitch and the height of the goals but also the size of the football. I applaud them I do but it would be so much either and their game would advance so much faster if they played what suited them. Men, on average, are about 15 percent to 20 percent larger than women. This means all the items I've mentioned are that much too big, too high, too long. Women must run that much further too. And it show in their game. I've seen a lot of very talented women footballers but they can't kick the ball as far as the pitch needs and they can't reach the ball in goal because the goal is not their size.

Like it or not women are made differently than men, I know that might surprise some of you, but all that's going to happen when women play men's football is the sport will follow the same trends as the men. All the shorter women will be disregarded no matter how talented they are. All the weaker women will be disregarded no matter how skillful they are. We are only at the start of this now but what we see in the men's game will be repeated and although in the men's game now it's still possible for a real talent to force their way regardless of size it's going to be harder for women. It'll be harder be women are starting from a lower base average.

So if they want to play the men's game they should get used to people talking about their weight. But that leads to a whole different ball game and society in general.

I have thought that pitch sizes and goal post sizes etc should be changed for womans football a long time ago. I love this point and agree completely. I have said before woman football should be promoted as one day it will be something. But today is not that day.

Just now, xOGxTerror said:

This is supposed to be a simulation game you realize that right? Have you ever seen a real football game where was not manager shouting at his players from the touchline? 

By their own admission it didnt work correctly but then again. spending time on adding womans football to it and removing features wont go well with FMs core game base. 

11 minutes ago, Aim_Less said:

It's because people like you yearly releases quality has gone down.

Let me take a guess you buy call of duty every year? Or FIFA?

Hope SI turns the ship around because the iceberg is straight ahead 

WTF are you on about? Haven't played COD in a decade, nor FIFA. Anything else you want to know? I can tell you what I'm planning for dinner tonight if you'd like, or what colour my T-shirt is today.

2 minutes ago, xOGxTerror said:

Tell me exactly how much your immersion is increased by spamming "Encourage" to your players for an instant morale boost?

5 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I hope so

“From a gameplay perspective, being able to move seamlessly between managing men’s and women’s clubs and vice-versa in one world, one ecosystem was the number one priority - but that’s forced us to consider how various game world aspects are currently portrayed.”

From this quote I thought both modes were integrated but I might be wrong since English isn’t my mother language 😅

As far as I know it hasn't been confirmed yet by anyone at SI how it will work people are just assuming you'll be able to choose to load women's leagues or not.

Like how you can choose to load Belarus or not etc now.

God help the poor mods IF women's football auto loads with whatever men's leagues you select!

The meltdown from that would be spectacular.

1 minute ago, omerrath said:

The idea to remove player’s weight from the profile is not smart at all.

let’s say I, as a manager , want to scout for a big, massive target forward like Lukaku. When I go over the profile of unknown forwards, I’ll check for the height & weight  to know this is the guy for my team.
How I supposed to get the big picture on a player’s physical without his weight mentioned? Nonsense !

they will not say it, but I’m sure they taking it out to avoid body shaming of women’s weight 

The bold is exactly why they are removing it, and do you want to tell us why that's a bad thing? Let me guess, because woke?

And if you want to find a "big, massive target forward" you could look at his attributes. They're those numbers that pop up on the player profile screen that tell you a lot of good information about how good they are at football. You should try reading them some time.

This should be my last development update until we start focusing more on what’s in FM25. We have lots of good stuff to show you that we’re excited about but I want to re-iterate that FM25 is the first instalment in a new era for the game, one that will give us a lot more possibilities than we had with the previous chapter.

I heard this before...and the regen-faces went downhill year after year.

8 minutes ago, Delicate Dave said:

This is exactly how I feel about women's football.

However it would be extremely difficult to get the women's game going if they had to use their own equipement / pitches / goals rather than piggybacking off the men's game. If they didn't have their own stadiums, grounds would have to have two sets of pitch lines, which would look awful. Plus two sets of goals. Difficult to implement.

Assuming SI will have the statistics on the Women's game usage in the game (like they have for International Football etc), I'd hope that if it tanks, that they would stop focusing on it and discard it. If it garners a lot of interest accross the fanbase then it should very much be continued to be worked upon.

The bold is exactly why they are removing it, and do you want to tell us why that's a bad thing? Let me guess, because woke?

And if you want to find a "big, massive target forward" you could look at his attributes. They're those numbers that pop up on the player profile screen that tell you a lot of good information about how good they are at football. You should try reading them some time.

To be fair, they couldve left it in the mens side of the game and gave us the same reason as to why they wont implement it in the womans side of it. The circus wouldve been over before it began. 

21 минуту назад, DMC-12 сказал:

I'm sure he's great in the background

we can't know, but the total lack of media relations and marketing, as well as the way the game has evolved since the 2000s, make me skeptical about the quote

2 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

By their own admission it didnt work correctly but then again. spending time on adding womans football to it and removing features wont go well with FMs core game base. 

I think this is bang on, they're attempting to gain customers by diversifying. Problem being, it's actively affecting some of their core customer's experience negatively.

Seems a bit of a shame that something new and of interest to some will arrive under a darkened cloud.

4 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

WTF are you on about? Haven't played COD in a decade, nor FIFA. Anything else you want to know? I can tell you what I'm planning for dinner tonight if you'd like, or what colour my T-shirt is today.

Tell me exactly how much your immersion is increased by spamming "Encourage" to your players for an instant morale boost?

Lol well you think they’d actually try to fix a pretty major part of FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT SIMULATION, instead of adding more features no one asked for. Instead they are removing features which should be non negotiables, and removing other features which add to immersion (international management and weight) to again, shoe horn in features no one asked for. 

2 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Surely not   Knowing a players height is a vital part of the  game

I can genuinely say, I have never ever looked at a players weight. I do look at height all the time, I konw it's linked to a players jumping reach, but even if it is just anicdotal evidence tall players in the ME seem to make a difference. Evern those with JR around 10-13.

Many features I've not cared for, or simply seen as cutting the fat. But weight and no international management is a strange move. Have they underrated what it took to move to a new engine? Could be a dumpster fire waiting to happen.

It's disappointing, and for me personally, I wonder if this is going to be my first time skipping since the championship manager days. 

5 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Surely not   Knowing a players height is a vital part of the  game

..and weight is not? Just as height is a vital part of the game weight is too. Weight affects jumping reach, the player's ability to sprint hence pace, acceleration etc. It also affects stamina, how long a player can withstand playing before he gets tired or fatigued. These are all based on real issues in a football match and this is supposed to be a realistic game. I don't think a player whose 100kgs can perform the same as a player whose lets say 85kgs.

26 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Ok, how many women play video games compared to men?  How many play an in-depth sim that's essentially just looking through spreadsheets?  Look at the usernames here.  While they don't tell all, how many appear feminine?  Most forums with a large female base have numerous posters that are clearly feminine (even if a few are dudes).  I'd be all for the women's game being included if it didn't detract from other things.

SI should have just taken a two year hiatus and got it right.  Just release roster updates for '23 and call it good.  Even if they are unpopular DLC.  Instead there was "here's your '24" and now a stripped down '25.  Sorry, I like touchline shouts.  Maybe I didn't know what they did, but they were something for me to feel I am influencing a match beyond altering tactics.

9 minutes ago, mackem10 said:

I think this is bang on, they're attempting to gain customers by diversifying. Problem being, it's actively affecting some of their core customer's experience negatively.

Seems a bit of a shame that something new and of interest to some will arrive under a darkened cloud.

The problem is more so what female base is there with even a remote interest in an absurdly in depth sim that is essentially sifting through spreadsheets?

3 minutes ago, Metjuw said:

..and weight is not? Just as height is a vital part of the game weight is too. Weight affects jumping reach, the player's ability to sprint hence pace, acceleration etc. It also affects stamina, how long a player can withstand playing before he gets tired or fatigued. These are all based on real issues in a football match and this is supposed to be a realistic game. I don't think a player whose 100kgs can perform the same as a player whose lets say 85kgs.

All of which would be reflected in their attribute profile. It adds nothing. 

3 minutes ago, ScotchWhisky said:

Ok, how many women play video games compared to men?  How many play an in-depth sim that's essentially just looking through spreadsheets?  Look at the usernames here.  While they don't tell all, how many appear feminine?  Most forums with a large female base have numerous posters that are clearly feminine (even if a few are dudes).

A good example of this would be The Sims community. More female based (few dudes). :lol:

26 minutes ago, mackem10 said:

I understand the target thing, but to be fair, that's already been done with this announcement.

Personally, I have zero interest in the women's game being implemented, if it is of interest to others and SI are of the belief they can sell more by doing so, then great. But now it is actively taking aspects away from the game mode I do enjoy, it doesn't appear a great introduction.

Hopefully, there will be a mod easily available to show them and then everybody happy, kinda.

I hear what you say but it'll be more of a target if we have actual weight data and fluctuation being shown, and it'll target individual humans.
I disagree it takes away from the game, the weight stat is trivia, as is the height stat, it has zero impact on the ME. Attributes have the impact on the ME.

I would not want a community-made mod to show weight as this would defeat the point and I presume SI will try to prevent that from being possible.
Also, a little reflection on my own part, its not just women who are being body-shamed, nor is it only women who have anxiety etc. over their bodies, its an increasingly known issue among men, so maybe its a wise move to remove weight for both genders,

14 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

The fact that player has 20 strength does not make him massive/big. You can’t get a players size just by having a look of his physical s

Maybe you  the one who should rethink to way you  scouting and  reading attributes.

And yes , woke is pretty weak reason. 

per your logic, we shouldn't stop here with FM, lets remove the weight measurement from of all our life aspects.

and please, next time try not let your emotions run your respond, try to be topical

All of which would be reflected in their attribute profile. It adds nothing. 

It is reflected in the player's attribute profile according to the weight of the player.

3 minutes ago, ScotchWhisky said:

The problem is more so what female base is there with even a remote interest in an absurdly in depth sim that is essentially sifting through spreadsheets?

I haven't the first idea, it's not for me, which is fine but I'm assuming SI has a good idea and made the decision based on that. Otherwise, why push it?

I firmly believe the issue is that it's negatively impacting what the game is to the past and present majority.

6 minutes ago, ScotchWhisky said:

Ok, how many women play video games compared to men?  How many play an in-depth sim that's essentially just looking through spreadsheets?  Look at the usernames here.  While they don't tell all, how many appear feminine?  Most forums with a large female base have numerous posters that are clearly feminine (even if a few are dudes).  I'd be all for the women's game being included if it didn't detract from other things.

SI should have just taken a two year hiatus and got it right.  Just release roster updates for '23 and call it good.  Even if they are unpopular DLC.  Instead there was "here's your '24" and now a stripped down '25.  Sorry, I like touchline shouts.  Maybe I didn't know what they did, but they were something for me to feel I am influencing a match beyond altering tactics.

Wow, just wow.

a. the stereotyping here

b. as we see how women, women's football etc is spoken about on here, and I've seen in the past when people have posted about women's football as a future possibility in FM, how they've been swarmed on over with negativity, I'm not entirely surprised that women may not obviously self-identify here.
So in short - nothing to support what you have written here.