FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

I won't be buying until I see reviews and am happy that the game is worth my money.

Thats how it should be for all games, especially nowadays when they're all digital and there's no scarcity. 

It was different when there were only so many physical copies of a game available in the shops, but that's just not the case now. Its just sensible to wait and see. 

4 minutes ago, Champions_09 said:

What time are we predicting?

23:59 SST September 30th. Which would be 11:59am BST on the 1st October.

Miles said nothing about it being in September specfically by UK time.

:onmehead:;)

Edited by Lord Rowell

So today is the day. If we don't see any match engine or how the UI works/flows today, it will be a terrible sign as to where SI are at rn with 25. The fact that pre orders are scheduled to start today suggests that they should be showing stuff that will make people want to buy the game (new ME/UI etc), but if they don't show us any of that and still expect pre orders, that shows a lack of care for the customer and that they just expect people to buy the game regardless of what state it's in. I really hope it's not the latter...

1 minute ago, Eoin Maguire said:

I think 4-6pm 

Yeah I thought it may be around that time. Lollujo sort of hinted towards it but to be fair I doubt he knows much,

Edited by Champions_09

17 minutes ago, DavutOzkan said:

We will get a list of new features, some screen shots, and the release date. 

I guarantee it will not just be the release date. That would be the most asinine marketing decision ever. 

You must be new here.

8 minutes ago, Champions_09 said:

Yeah I thought it may be around that time. Lollujo sort of hinted towards it but to be fair I doubt he knows much,

The fm25 page is built but it's restricted. Was 404 yesterday. 

My bet is content creator accounts will have access before it goes live.

Not sure if the URL is allowed but 

https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-25

Edited by don coop

2 minutes ago, don coop said:

The fm25 page is built but it's restricted. Was 404 yesterday. 

My bet is content creator accounts will have access before it goes live.

Not sure if the URL is allowed but 

https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-25

There is already even a video about it here https://youtu.be/o-YBDTqX_ZU?si=xQzYFgnSSxaM39XX

1 hour ago, CaptainSa said:

If all we're getting is an announcement, they shouldn't be taking pre-orders today. 

Why not? There are people on this very thread who have said they are going to preorder/buy the game anyway. That caters for those who will want do that. No one has to pre order the game, those who want more information/dont believe in the concept, can just wait. It's not like there are finite copies of FM and you're going to miss out by waiting 

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Why not? There are people on this very thread who have said they are going to preorder/buy the game anyway. That caters for those who will want do that. No one has to pre order the game, those who want more information/dont believe in the concept, can just wait. It's not like there are finite copies of FM and you're going to miss out by waiting 

Because, frankly, it's insulting to the player base in this year of all years, when all the news has been terrible and delays to even think about asking for pre-orders before they've showed anything from the actual game.

1 minute ago, CaptainSa said:

Because, frankly, it's insulting to the player base in this year of all years, when all the news has been terrible and delays to even think about asking for pre-orders before they've showed anything from the actual game.

I mean, it's a business decision, there are always those who are easily parted with their money.

But, even the White brothers had more info on their 'game'.

2 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

You forget the people buy the game just to support SI.

Edited by grade

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's disingenuous to ask for pre orders if they haven't shown anything from the new ME or how the new UI works/looks, they know that some people will buy the game regardless, but that's not the point, it's insulting customers intelligence. 

My first experience of FM was actually CM99. Since FM05 I believe I've then ordered each copy for release or pre-ordered when that became a thing for beta, early access etc. This year won't be any different. 

From 05 to now of course there's been editions I've loved (12, 13, 24 spring to mind), some I've really not liked (14,18,22) and some which have been middle of the road. When I think about the amount of hours, days, weeks and probably months spent on each edition and spread those over the course of the nearly 20 years... I can say I have value for money. So I don't have any qualms about pre-ordering. If I don't enjoy the game then sure, very disappointing for the year. But the disappointment would be focused on the game itself and enjoyment factor (or lack of) and not on my wallet.

I certainly don't and wouldn't feel ripped off financially if a release isn't to my liking or anticipated standard, and as others have said, you can pre-order (or not) whenever you'd like in the information/release stage! 

Edited by Domoboy23

13 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

The player base isn't a homogeneous block. If you don't want to pre order, then dont. Its not some massive insult. I dont pre order anything personally

14 minutes ago, grade said:

You forget the people buy the game just to support SI.

Exactly. Its not insulting anyone's intelligence. I think those who have their views on what they need before a pre order, should be open to the fact there are those who dont care and choose to preorder anyway because thats what they like to. As @KillYourIdols has just demonstrated perfectly, although they are sailing very close to speculating 

I say this every year, and its relevent for me and can't comment on anyone else, but for £30, Its going to be value for money to me. Will be be the best ever? Probably not. Will it be Rubbish? Possibly. Will I end up doing, lets say, 100 hours on it? Almost certainly. Thats 30p an hour. I'll waste that on a friday night and forget about it by the Saturday morning. Financially, low risk for the entertainment and I enjoy the Beta period.

I don't see how its any different to people blindly attending the Premier of their favourite new movie franchise without seeing reviews/spoilers.

Anyway everyone, you do you.

11 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The player base isn't a homogeneous block. If you don't want to pre order, then dont. Its not some massive insult. I dont pre order anything personally

Not talking about SI but gaming in general insults its player bases with this practice. Its the players fault though for allowing games companies to start taking in money before we've seen anything worth while about said games.

Lets be hopeful. I dont think they will just announce without any screens of the UI or ME... especially after the backlash received after the last dev update..

18 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I pretty much only pre-order FM and that's for two reasons:

- pre-order discount

- early access beta

If neither of those were there I'd wait until it came out.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

- pre-order discount

- early access beta

Oh Yeah, Its the Beta that gets you.

You can cancel you pre-order from Steam anytime up to two weeks AFTER it releases as long as you have no more than 2 hours playtime. The critical part is that Beta access to a game doesn't count towards playtime - so you can pre-order, play the Beta and if you don't like it refund. 

5 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

- pre-order discount

- early access beta

One thing im glad SI havent started, yet, is charging way more to play the game a week early and get some stupid card for those UT modes like EA and 2K do with their games. 

EDIT>... if thats the "news" we were told we get before the end of September.... yikes, not a good look fellas. not a good look at all.

Edited by jimbo22

Not a fan of this litle info with all the big talk of huge steps for the next game. I think its not what gaming fans expect anymore.

Many games are now live service games, and many others are very good at keeping players in the loop. 

So idk, this fm year feels a bit demotivating to me right now. Thats the feeling im heving. Certainly not hype, thats for sure

Edit: Just saw the roadmap. Im not boarding this train this year. Im gonna play many other games instead!

Edited by yerug