FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Id love it, but sceptical of leaks. Also need to see at alongside some ME footage at some point.

Well at least the part with new roles like channel forward were true.

14 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Since we are all a bit pent up, and Danny Welbeck is in the Images, Who want a joke to lighten the Mood?

Danny Welbecks dad was a bomb Disposal expert.

His Name was Stan.

Answers on a postcard, Here's Wonderwall.

Apparently in the 2000s when Birmingham were linked to pretty much every player's brother, in one Jan window they went in for Bolton's Kiki Masumpa's brother..... Chris

Edited by G81

1 minute ago, Champions_09 said:

Just seen it says on Steam: Planned release - November 24

Lol

Because I'm sure everyone would be real understanding if it was released when it wasn't ready, or delayed after they gave a concrete release date. In that scenario, I wouldn't care how long they delayed it if it meant fewer issues on release.

1 minute ago, Champions_09 said:

It also says on the website From 26/11

Doesn't the 'full fat' version launch first generally and then the mobile/touch etc versions in the following days? I think too much is being read in to it, personally.

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

More importantly, when people are pronouncing Froggy Frogerson are you saying it:
a) Frog-ee Frog-er-sun
OR
b) Frog-ee Fe-roj-er-sun

B. There’s a clear ‘Roger’ in there for me!

Just now, forameuss said:

Because I'm sure everyone would be real understanding if it was released when it wasn't ready, or delayed after they gave a concrete release date. In that scenario, I wouldn't care how long they delayed it if it meant fewer issues on release.

People would understand if we had more transparency especially now they are asking for money.

1 minute ago, davehanson said:

Got to be very careful as I really, really don't want to get a ban here.

But in my opinion, anyone who pre-orders when the only benefit now is 10% off the Steam price - when you can definitely get it cheaper elsewhere anyway, no mention of Beta access and nothing from the actual game, needs to give their heads a wobble.

Or alternatively give me your email address as your long lost uncle in Africa has passed away and I just need some account details.

That's the only bit about this that gets even a slight raised eyebrow from me - no mention of a beta. It doesn't really matter, of course, but it is disappointing, and potentially telling.

Wouldn't hold it against anyone pre ordering though. I probably won't with no early access, unless you count buying it like the day before as a pre order.

Just now, Champions_09 said:

People would understand if we had more transparency especially now they are asking for money.

To be fair, they are not forcing anyone to give them money right now. They are just asking for an early contribution to the Sega Sammy's Benevolent Shareholders fund.

4 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

More importantly, when people are pronouncing Froggy Frogerson are you saying it:
a) Frog-ee Frog-er-sun
OR
b) Frog-ee Fe-roj-er-sun

1 minute ago, martplfc1 said:

B. There’s a clear ‘Roger’ in there for me!

I hadn't even though about b as an option, but I like it. Feels Scandinavian.

Just now, Champions_09 said:

Yeah...believe that when I see it. They're currently getting crucified for largely doing exactly what they said they would do, pretty much when they said they'd do it, months before the product is going to be released. If they do send out a half baked product that could have done with a few weeks more, they'll get a similar reaction, only it'll have some justification behind it. You really honestly believe otherwise?

And I'll never understand this attitude that a completely optional pre order is such a horrible thing to ask for. Don't agree with it? Don't give them the money until you feel it's worth it and move on with your life. Try it, it's great fun.

2 minutes ago, soablacksmith said:

Very underwhelming. And the sad part is that I'm not even surprised anymore. This was exactly what I was expecting from Sigames.

It's debatable but I accept if we get this type of announcement for FM 20 - 21 - 22- 23 - 24.

But if we are getting a "first step into new era" then Sigames should have moved out of boundaries, be more passionate about promoting years work, deliver the excitement of new features, new engine to loyal players.

Now I only see a soulless annoucement which is obvious that they only made because they promised to do it at the end of September.

SI announce what they said they were going to. We have the announcement and release date. We also have 5 screenshots and a roadmap to show that there's a plan for the reveal of the new features.

In all seriousness from the WIP screehshots the UI looks better than I initially imagined. Still maybe looks a bit too console for my liking, as mentioned previously I don't think you can have a truly agnostic UI without it being detrimental to how a large majority of players like to play.

Still wasted space, and hope there's an option so that when landing on the squad page you see the actual squad selection page etc. I'm also really hoping it will be accessible to modding as everyone has their own style, likes and dislikes. Also doesn't currently look amazing for people with visual issues/accessibility wise like myself who rely on customization and clearer customizable coulour palette to play. But for all I know there's built in options that will cater to a large degree of that.

Bring on the roadmap and reveals.

Edited by Domoboy23

15 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Not a bad solution for Switch and smartphones. Why do I need this on my 2k monitor?

I'd imagine it's because it's a responsive build, so pretty much one build that auto-responds depending on the devices the user is playing on, long term makes it much quicker and easier to implement multi-platform changes. I'm with you though, I'm a big screen user and it doesn't look the best on that format.

2 minutes ago, jmlima said:

To be fair, they are not forcing anyone to give them money right now. They are just asking for an early contribution to the Sega Sammy's Benevolent Shareholders fund.

This is the sad reality. This isn't some Indy developer who needs your £40 to pay another hour of wages to the outsourced programmer, it's just the standard capitalist model, get money in now rather than later. Keep the shareholders happy.

They don't need your money. 

Price point seems reasonable in comparison to other games.

My desktop PC specs will just about cope, though the graphics card is on the borderline - I am going to upgrade at some point in the next few months anyway.

I have pre-ordered! :D

3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Yeah...believe that when I see it. They're currently getting crucified for largely doing exactly what they said they would do, pretty much when they said they'd do it, months before the product is going to be released. If they do send out a half baked product that could have done with a few weeks more, they'll get a similar reaction, only it'll have some justification behind it. You really honestly believe otherwise?

And I'll never understand this attitude that a completely optional pre order is such a horrible thing to ask for. Don't agree with it? Don't give them the money until you feel it's worth it and move on with your life. Try it, it's great fun.

Okay bud

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

SI announce what they said they were going to. We have the announcement and release date. We also have 5 screenshots and a roadmap to show that there's a plan for the reveal of the new features.

"roadmap"

6 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

I hadn't even though about b as an option, but I like it. Feels Scandinavian.

Precisely. I think it’d have to be Froggerson (double G) to be A.

What a daft conversation 😂

8 minutes ago, forameuss said:

That's the only bit about this that gets even a slight raised eyebrow from me - no mention of a beta. It doesn't really matter, of course, but it is disappointing, and potentially telling.

Wouldn't hold it against anyone pre ordering though. I probably won't with no early access, unless you count buying it like the day before as a pre order.

Yeah with no beta I'll be buying the day before make sure I get the 10% discount as I'm from Yorkshire (other stereotypes are available and accurate).

7 minutes ago, waldywaldy said:

The issue is TBA

Miles explained this:

Each time we make an announcement, the next announcement date unlocks. So once the Introduction to Women’s Football content goes live, the next announcement, and the date for the next announcement, will be known. But it doesn’t end there…

The Roadmap is going to be a living thing. It’s not just about gameplay announcements, it’s also going to be about the games themselves. I’ve spoken in the blogs previously about how our content updates in the future aren’t all going to be just patches for existing content…

So new content going into future updates will also be announced via the Roadmap when #FM25 is released so you’ll know what’s coming. Some of these will be small, some will be big. And with the Roadmap being live, some things may move around.

hace 14 minutos, waldywaldy dijo:

"roadmap"

Agree. Imaging to see that answer in a exam.

- 1st question:

To be answered

- 2nd question:

To be answered

- 3rd question:

Yes, we will release the game exactly when we said we would.

I am not a fan of criticism for the sake of criticism, but it is understanably disappointing, and far away from the Roadmap of previous editions. We have to remember that the release has already been delayed, we still don't know anything about the Beta and the only information that we have in 2025 are removed features. this is supposedly one step beyond previous editions and the more exciting developments in the game (Women and Unity) are alreadky known since 2024 and we haven't heard a word in ages about how they will be reflected in the game.

I'm going to buy the game at a 99%, as it is kinda a tradition for me, but it 's not the best start for such an expected FM edition.

Edited: I've just seen Miles' roadmap explanation. It provides some context but I still disagree, this is not a roadmap but a statement of intentions. Try to defend these deadlines in your work and wait to see what you get back :D

Edited by Micho21

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Miles explained this:

Each time we make an announcement, the next announcement date unlocks. So once the Introduction to Women’s Football content goes live, the next announcement, and the date for the next announcement, will be known. But it doesn’t end there…

The Roadmap is going to be a living thing. It’s not just about gameplay announcements, it’s also going to be about the games themselves. I’ve spoken in the blogs previously about how our content updates in the future aren’t all going to be just patches for existing content…

So new content going into future updates will also be announced via the Roadmap when #FM25 is released so you’ll know what’s coming. Some of these will be small, some will be big. And with the Roadmap being live, some things may move around.

Which would have been great had he done that on the announcement rather than twitter or whatever space Karen is calling it this week.

Not everyone will see him saying this.

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

Which would have been great had he done that on the announcement rather than twitter or whatever space Karen is calling it this week.

Not everyone will see him saying this.

Which is why I linked it here to provide a bit more clarity.