Top Posters In This Topic

1 hora atrás, whatsupdoc disse:

Few screenshots from steam. Can see a couple of those roles in there

image.png.f0dbd1861fc7f67f790e62eaed76f614.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

oh oh. oh no no no. what is this??? oh god let it be an out of date april fools joke.

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

SI announce what they said they were going to. We have the announcement and release date. We also have 5 screenshots and a roadmap to show that there's a plan for the reveal of the new features.

It's same type of approach as previous years although they continuously state that this is the beginning of new era where they are changing the game drastically.

If fulfilling a promise is just giving a release date then I agree with you. But they didn't even show a glimpse of gameplay with announcement teaser which is the very core of this years product. I don't agree with "we also have 5 screenshots" because we already had a more detailed blog about UI and this doesn't actually show anything major on how things are looking with Unity Engine.

I know it's two very different companies and genres but just look how a studio like Larian approach to their product, how they share their progress, how they share their passion with playerbase.

If I had a chance to play only one game for rest of my life it would be FM that's why some criticizing would be better than accepting everything without questioning.

I don't think that how they approach to this reveal is the correct way of marketing, even they fulfilled their promise it shouldn't be just a release date and "TBA" roadmap.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Which is why I linked it here to provide a bit more clarity.

To be fair to SI I assumed this is exactly what they would be doing.

My point still stands though its pretty awful communication IMO spreading info around multiple places.

2 minutes ago, psoares said:

oh oh. oh no no no. what is this??? oh god let it be an out of date april fools joke.

Player profiles might not be real - look at the colour of the flair and heading attributes on each one.

7 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Miles explained this:

Each time we make an announcement, the next announcement date unlocks. So once the Introduction to Women’s Football content goes live, the next announcement, and the date for the next announcement, will be known. But it doesn’t end there…

The Roadmap is going to be a living thing. It’s not just about gameplay announcements, it’s also going to be about the games themselves. I’ve spoken in the blogs previously about how our content updates in the future aren’t all going to be just patches for existing content…

So new content going into future updates will also be announced via the Roadmap when #FM25 is released so you’ll know what’s coming. Some of these will be small, some will be big. And with the Roadmap being live, some things may move around.

If this is even true (I think this is just more PR speak), you/hopefully SI must realize that it isn't a good look to announce a game with so many TBA tags attached to it. 

3 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Can someone with an account on that site post all the tweets in that thread Miles has posted if possible?

I dont follow him, because why would I but in summary,

We'll release info when we release it and its all going to be in this "live" roadmap. 

6 minutes ago, decapitated said:

To offer some constructive criticism to SI, I'm not sure Miles reliance on Twitter to reveal information about the game is that wise in the current situation where the site has become increasingly toxic and politically extreme and you have to have an account to read his content. For example Miles in the 2nd tweet says "But it doesn’t end there…" but unless you have a Twitter account it really does. More content on publicly viewable sites would be preferable. 

Can someone with an account on that site post all the tweets in that thread Miles has posted if possible?

Would agree with this. SI are by no means alone in this, as so many groups now put things exclusively "on the socials" which I've no interest in. Which is their choice, of course, and if it's a podcast or something, I'm not exactly missing something. But when this is marketing a product and you've got a community specifically for your product, exclusively doing this kind of stuff on twitter is a bit pish. Put them there by all means, but needs an official presence here too.

Particularly when the vast majority of people following him on twitter are likely to be the people that hold a borderline unhealthy obsession with the guy (that he seems happy to egg on to be fair).

Edit: and I get that mods are now taking it upon themselves to do it, or other users, but SI have community managers right? Surely it's a better strategy to have all this information presented by SI themselves in all places.

Edited by forameuss

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Would agree with this. SI are by no means alone in this, as so many groups now put things exclusively "on the socials" which I've no interest in. Which is their choice, of course, and if it's a podcast or something, I'm not exactly missing something. But when this is marketing a product and you've got a community specifically for your product, exclusively doing this kind of stuff on twitter is a bit pish. Put them there by all means, but needs an official presence here too.

Particularly when the vast majority of people following him on twitter are likely to be the people that hold a borderline unhealthy obsession with the guy (that he seems happy to egg on to be fair).

It's so they can show fancy graphs about social media account engagement in meetings

8 minutes ago, decapitated said:

To offer some constructive criticism to SI, I'm not sure Miles reliance on Twitter to reveal information about the game is that wise in the current situation where the site has become increasingly toxic and politically extreme and you have to have an account to read his content. For example Miles in the 2nd tweet says "But it doesn’t end there…" but unless you have a Twitter account it really does. More content on publicly viewable sites would be preferable. 

yeah agreed. zero chance i'm getting a twitter account to read this stuff.

16 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Miles explained this:

Each time we make an announcement, the next announcement date unlocks. So once the Introduction to Women’s Football content goes live, the next announcement, and the date for the next announcement, will be known. But it doesn’t end there…

The Roadmap is going to be a living thing. It’s not just about gameplay announcements, it’s also going to be about the games themselves. I’ve spoken in the blogs previously about how our content updates in the future aren’t all going to be just patches for existing content…

So new content going into future updates will also be announced via the Roadmap when #FM25 is released so you’ll know what’s coming. Some of these will be small, some will be big. And with the Roadmap being live, some things may move around.

48 minutos atrás, DavutOzkan disse:

"Real football managers don't use computers anymore, they use tablets and smartphones!" 

More seriously though, I believe it is to help players not get lost in menus anymore. Although I never really thought that was an issue. 

ah yes nothing gets players more lost than having everything in one place. For sure having to click multiple cards to see 1 piece of info is not more confusing... /s

24 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Miles explained this:

Do you think you could pester an SI staff to add that information to this post? 

That info about new in/out of possession roles no less clear...

I can see Raumdeuter on there which wasn't on the graphic SortItOutSI released, can also see renamed roles like channel forward, which was.

I haven’t had Twitter in ten years, am I missing stuff? 
also, the screenshots look very dull. This is all a snorefest so far from si. I’ve never felt less enthusiastic about a game.

having played since CM1 the big worry for me is the late release. you cant really ever play a long term save from day one as a big patch will be around the corner but this year you also have the January transfer window not long after and a further patch will be required mid feb for those transfer updates. 

basically meaning they have lost half the season 

Is this true about the new system requirements i am finished both my new pc and new laptop do not meet the requirements i have seen on twitter i am devastated.    

6 minutes ago, inacion said:

There will be 2 weeks early access for pre orders this year? I can't find any mention to it so far

Nothing mentioned but considering it sounds like a complete mess behind the scenes, I highly doubt they're giving early access this year. 

If they were, it'd almost certainly be announced with the reveal trailer to increase pre orders...

46 minutes ago, DMC-12 said:

It feels like this is getting towards CM4 levels of disaster. 

I feel sorry for the people actually developing the game at SI. They've been let down massively by the announcements up until now, and those terrible screenshots released today. 

This is the eFootball moment for the studio. It's eFootball Manager 2025. 

1 minute ago, latrell said:

Is this true about the new system requirements i am finished both my new pc and new laptop do not meet the requirements i have seen on twitter i am devastated.    

Minimum:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Desktop: Intel Core i3-530 or AMD FX-4100 Laptop: Intel Core i3-330M or AMD A6-5200
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 380 or Intel HD 530 Laptop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M or AMD Radeon R9 M375 or Intel HD 530 512MiB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 20 GB available space
Additional Notes: These spcs allow for the game to be played in 1080p with graphics settings at "Low". 64-bit processor and operation system are required.

Recommended:
Processor: Desktop: Intel Core i5-9600 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Laptop: Intel Core i5-1035G7 or AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 or AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT Laptop: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile or AMD Radeon RX 6600M 1GiB VRAM
Additional Notes: These spcs allow for the game to be played in 1080p with graphics settings at "High". 64-bit processor and operation system are required.

4 minutes ago, inacion said:

There will be 2 weeks early access for pre orders this year? I can't find any mention to it so far

It's not clear as of yet. It's usually fairly definitive at the pre-order and release date stage. My thoughts are (to stress, these are just my thoughts): 

SI haven't made a decision yet and are playing it by ear (presuming they're still running behind) and are debating whether the small % of players who actually log issues and bug reports in the tracker at early access stage (using it for it's intended purpose and not treating it as the ''full game'') are worth the potential impact on reputation and sales if the game is in need of polishing 1/2 weeks before the 26th of November.

The other side of the coin is having more hands-on-the-game that even just 5,10% of people creating good bug reports would probably surpass issues (whether UI, long term, ME, transfers etc) that could be spotted by their own internal SI team.

So maybe they early access, maybe they don't, maybe they go for a hybrid approach and open up testing to a bigger internal/external group that isn't on the same level of early access in order to focus on getting reports and feedback rather than grief.

Hopefully we'll know more in the next 7-10 days.

Just now, Bootador said:

Minimum:
Processor: Desktop: Intel Core i3-530 or AMD FX-4100 Laptop: Intel Core i3-330M or AMD A6-5200
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 380 or Intel HD 530 Laptop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M or AMD Radeon R9 M375 or Intel HD 530 512MiB VRAM
Additional Notes: These spcs allow for the game to be played in 1080p with graphics settings at "Low". 64-bit processor and operation system are required.

Recommended:
Processor: Desktop: Intel Core i5-9600 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Laptop: Intel Core i5-1035G7 or AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 or AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT Laptop: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile or AMD Radeon RX 6600M 1GiB VRAM
Additional Notes: These spcs allow for the game to be played in 1080p with graphics settings at "High". 64-bit processor and operation system are required.

This is what i seen on X  Minimum 20GB storage - up from 7GB Minimum Windows 10 👀 Memory: 4GB (12GB recommended) is someone having me on here.

12 minutos atrás, IrrelevantLion disse:

Well it's quite clear, FM has been going in this direction for a while - Consoles and mobile. PC players who like looking at spreadsheets and statistics aren't the target audience.

this is always as good way to treat the people who supported this game for 20+ years. "thanks for the support but we prefer to go with the console guys, now f*ck off"

2 minutes ago, latrell said:

The unfortunate thing is that at times people will need to upgrade or be left behind. Any game cannot be held back by limitations from systems. Just like consoles there will come a time when games will stop being developed but PS4 and Xbox One and people will need a PS5 or Series console. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's almost as if they actually had no idea...

They had some idea since they nailed the release date and at least one player role, channel forward.

1 minute ago, latrell said:

This is what i seen on X  Minimum 20GB storage - up from 7GB Minimum Windows 10 👀 Memory: 4GB (12GB recommended) is someone having me on here.

I grabbed mine from the fanatical page mate (but that's what it says yeah)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/football-manager-25

Edited by Bootador

Just now, latrell said:

Ok mine was from passion 4 FM, ill do a bit more digging.

It is 20gb storage- it is on steam:

• Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Desktop: Intel Core i3-530 or AMD FX-4100 Laptop: Intel Core i3-330M or AMD A6-5200
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 380 or Intel HD 530 Laptop: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M or AMD Radeon R9 M375 or Intel HD 530 512MiB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: These spcs allow for the game to be played in 1080p with graphics settings at "Low". 64-bit processor and operation system are required.
  • Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Desktop: Intel Core i5-9600 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Laptop: Intel Core i5-1035G7 or AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Desktop: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 or AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT Laptop: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile or AMD Radeon RX 6600M 1GiB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: These spcs allow for the game to be played in 1080p with graphics settings at "High". 64-bit processor and operation system are required.

10 minutes ago, latrell said:

Have you checked the specs on the Steam Store page? This will be the source of truth and in terms of even the min specs, there hasn't been much of a jump from 24. Appreciate that the recommended specs may be slightly different as we didn't have these showing on Steam for 24.

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's almost as if they actually had no idea...

I would suggest they have a fairly good idea. Just like the Fran Kirby/Evan Ferguson screenshots - what SI have shown us doesn't make any sense at the moment - so it is quite conceivable that there is no Raumdeuter in the game - that these are 'early' screenshots.

Just now, Dan Sheppard said:

Have you checked the specs on the Steam Store page? This will be the source of truth and in terms of even the min specs, there hasn't been a huge jump from 24.

The available space is quite a large jump to be fair.

1 minute ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Have you checked the specs on the Steam Store page? This will be the source of truth and in terms of even the min specs, there hasn't been a huge jump from 24.

From steam:

image.png.613de99b4bbfc6c22184d1e8399c37f5.png