FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Jesus lord... I hope that the first announcement comes tomorrow.

I'm getting sick and tired of this pointless discussion of nothing since debating removed features is already old news and debated to exhaustion.

Just give us a bone to pick from, and we will be happy for a few weeks.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/10/2024 at 17:06, Daniel Evensen said:

Yeah, I watched that the other day.

We can hope.  Seriously, if FM's new graphics engine is anything like this, I might never stop playing.

On 03/10/2024 at 11:35, decapitated said:

I found this video quite interesting and better FM25 content than anything the usual influencers are doing.

On 03/10/2024 at 12:30, renato. said:

Miles and SI, you should hire this guy to your marketing team.

Thanks for the kind words, by the way the photos quoted in the womens football were actually taken in 2021, the motion capture of the twins were included in the dev update announcement back in July 2021.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/how-were-introducing-womens-football-football-managerspacer.png

I am doing a second video into Volumetric Data Capture because well there's a lot of interesting stuff on it and the technology has been around for 10 years in fact but SI probably use Creative Assembly who they have worked with in the past 

But anything you want to know more on what I found let me ?

1 hour ago, ANDY1OM said:

Fm is a pc game and always has been. It's the reason some people get a pc. Purely for fm. Do a console version by all means and the mobile one but please don't dumb down the pc version so you can cross play. Hope I'm way off the mark here but this could be a nail in the coffin for si games. Myself and most of this community have been buying the game since it was championship manager and have bought the new version religiously it's almost a habit. Once you break that habit alot won't buy the game religiously. I really don't know what there thinking ATM. Crazy.

I really don't think there's anything concrete to base this fear on. All we've seen are a few work in progress screenshots.

All they show is a streamlined UI. Players still have the same stats and the system requirement recommendations are actually greater than before.

As for the suggestion it's being consolised, well the game's been made for consoles before. They could just do that again.

Nothing points to a massively mobilised game for me.

3 hours ago, anagain said:

I really don't think there's anything concrete to base this fear on. All we've seen are a few work in progress screenshots.

All they show is a streamlined UI. Players still have the same stats and the system requirement recommendations are actually greater than before.

As for the suggestion it's being consolised, well the game's been made for consoles before. They could just do that again.

Nothing points to a massively mobilised game for me.

I think people are putting the UI changes and the reveal trailer obviously being aimed at console/mobile players together and coming to the conclusion the games been consolised.

Like almost everything else in this thread it's wild speculation based on almost no evidence because we still know more about Miles cancelled holidays than the game.

Edited by kiwityke1983

I think today’s announcement about women’s football is far from what we want to see.

The information we want to see, such as match experience, tactics, and UI, has been pushed back in the roadmap.

If today’s announcement were to show women’s football gameplay footage, UI, tactics, etc., the roadmap would actually lose its meaning.
Today’s announcement is likely to be disappointing.

It’s likely to be about basic information about women’s football (playable leagues, player data, the process of making women’s football, etc.).

8 hours ago, Fmconsole said:

Thanks for the kind words, by the way the photos quoted in the womens football were actually taken in 2021, the motion capture of the twins were included in the dev update announcement back in July 2021.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/how-were-introducing-womens-football-football-managerspacer.png

I am doing a second video into Volumetric Data Capture because well there's a lot of interesting stuff on it and the technology has been around for 10 years in fact but SI probably use Creative Assembly who they have worked with in the past 

But anything you want to know more on what I found let me ?

I didn't know CA worked with SI, that's interesting. Any new information would be interesting to watch in a video. I liked the fact that the video was no longer than it needed to be and didn't have any cringeworthy attempts at comedy or drama (both of which are definite drawbacks to some of the more notable FM youtubers videos). Keep up the good work. :) 

1 hour ago, Choi seung won said:

I think today’s announcement about women’s football is far from what we want to see.

The information we want to see, such as match experience, tactics, and UI, has been pushed back in the roadmap.

If today’s announcement were to show women’s football gameplay footage, UI, tactics, etc., the roadmap would actually lose its meaning.

It’s likely to be about basic information about women’s football (playable leagues, player data, the process of making women’s football, etc.).

Might not even be today tho. They stated “week of 7 october”, and not the 7th. Could very well be by the end of the week for all we know 😅

Edited by Kevinho7

1 hour ago, Choi seung won said:

So when people get the information they've been complaining they haven't had for a good week now they'll still be unhappy?

Is that what you're saying? 😁

Edited by anagain

15 hours ago, speck said:

It's good that apparently the women's leagues can essentially be disabled when you start a game, that should remove one of the larger areas of (I think legitimate) complaint regarding the loading of leagues and players that would never be played. It's good that the inverse is an option as well.

I wonder if when disabling one or the other that it also removes the "mens" and "womens" from the names. I would find it very jarring if i disabled either of the options and the team was still displayed as "Liverpool Women's Team" or "Liverpool Men's Team"

19 minutes ago, ds_61_1 said:

I wonder if when disabling one or the other that it also removes the "mens" and "womens" from the names. I would find it very jarring if i disabled either of the options and the team was still displayed as "Liverpool Women's Team" or "Liverpool Men's Team"

From what I understand, they are still part of the same overall eco system. So even though you disable leagues, they should still be shown through the search bar. The same as if you load a large database, the top women’s players should still be searchable. 

Edited by ForTheLoveOfTheGame

2 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

From what I understand, they are still part of the same overall eco system. So even though you disable leagues, they should still be shown through the search bar. The same as if you load a large database, the top women’s players should still be searchable. 

That's a shame. I hope it doesn't also mean that you're going to end up with a huge databse bloat of players that you simply cannot utilise.

4 minutes ago, ds_61_1 said:

That's a shame. I hope it doesn't also mean that you're going to end up with a huge databse bloat of players that you simply cannot utilise.

I don't think it would cause bloat, or any noticeable bloat. Inactive teams/players/leagues AFAIK don't really add to processing. A bit like not loading the USA league when you are managing in the UK. You'd get all the teams there, but no fixtures, viewable table and maybe 3/4 top rep players at a few sides. Of course, could be slightly different as it's going to be Womens leagues so if I were to hazard a guess if you loaded the English mens league down to VNL but didn't select English womens as a playable league then you'd have the above for presumably each mens league you selected as playable on the DB.

I'd imagine you'd get maybe 10-30 seconds more loading time on the editor as that has to load everything up (and the editor seemed really poorly optimized for FM24 anyway).

Edited by Domoboy23

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I'd imagine you'd get maybe 10-30 seconds more loading time on the editor as that has to load everything up (and the editor seemed really poorly optimized for FM24 anyway).

True, but is it even confirmed we will definitely have an editor for FM25? 

Hard to see how we wouldn’t, but with all the bad news so far then who knows…

1 minute ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

True, but is it even confirmed we will definitely have an editor for FM25? 

Hard to see how we wouldn’t, but with all the bad news so far then who knows…

Not yet, but I hope it is! 

I think the only two things that would make my head explode :lol: would be no pre-game editor and no skin modding compatibility for the new UI as even if it's very good, the option to be able to mod skins is great and the community here has been blessed for the last decade with the quality of some of the skins.

10 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

TODAY IS THE DAY...of the week of the feature dev blog. Woohoooo

3 hours ago, Kevinho7 said:

Might not even be today tho. They stated “week of 7 october”, and not the 7th. Could very well be by the end of the week for all we know 😅

9 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

My benchmark for UI and Graphics is still Fifa Manager and there is a recent Vid about it i like to show bcs pics speak more than words:

Give me a good UI and upgraded 2D (pitch textures and stadium environment) over that monstrosity any day :D

15 minutes ago, Andrew Marines said:

We're not so sure about that.

"Unlocks week of 7 Oct" could even be friday

which is exactly what i said

44 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

My benchmark for UI and Graphics is still Fifa Manager and there is a recent Vid about it i like to show bcs pics speak more than words:

It was in that game where they had attributes of players spread out between Outfield (Technical), Mental, Physical and SET PIECES - the last one being separated for the first time in football manager series this year as per the screenshots provided by SI.

14 hours ago, ANDY1OM said:

Fm is a pc game and always has been. It's the reason some people get a pc. Purely for fm. Do a console version by all means and the mobile one but please don't dumb down the pc version so you can cross play. Hope I'm way off the mark here but this could be a nail in the coffin for si games. Myself and most of this community have been buying the game since it was championship manager and have bought the new version religiously it's almost a habit. Once you break that habit alot won't buy the game religiously. I really don't know what there thinking ATM. Crazy.

I never had a console, but always had a PC and currently a laptop. Because a console is only useful for gaming, but a PC or laptop can be used for many other things. A decade ago the software evolution force to update or buy a new computer each 4 years, currently a computer lasts longer I have the same computer for 6 years and still can play games with good performance and it seems that will last a few more years unless a malfunction happens. I guess kids will play mostly in a console, but adults will play mostly in a computer because they will use it for other things also. Taking into account the complexity of Football Manager, mostly around tactics, scouting to know how to identity good players for your playing style and so on, this game will be played mostly by adults I believe

16 часов назад, ANDY1OM сказал:

It's the reason some people get a pc

True story. I'm a computer geek who loved playing games and use all sorts of tools on my dad's 386 PC as a kid. That computer didn't even have Windows. I've had several PCs since then and FM was part of it. I even had FM08 installed on my office client when I worked in tech support :D Later I started using laptop + playstation model. But in the end I bought new PC. For a couple of shooters (I hate aiming with a gamepad), but primarily for FM. I wanted to use a larger database, so I bought a new PC with processor that allowed me to do this. So now I have PC + Switch. I will definitely try FM on Switch. But the fact that the portable version has the limit on active leagues (there will probably also be a limits on features, like in Touch version) makes it clear that this is not the same game as FM on PC.

7 minutes ago, DMC-12 said:

Surely they'll be able to do the women's football announcement today? It's not even like it's new news - it was announced two years ago!

Think and hope they will try to push for showing a bit more than planned first and eas the community.

Just now, saihtam said:

Think and hope they will try to push for showing a bit more than planned first and eas the community.

I've a feeling they'll show something in this update too. Mainly as it's an easy way of previewing some of the future updates, and it'll address some of the negativity from the previous few updates. 

8 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

In the roadmap it says the week of Oct 7th. It doesn't say news will be released on Oct 7th.

So it could be any day of this week really...

We know how this will end up. It will be end of day Friday.

30 minutes ago, luisfernando said:

The right thing to do would be to share it today so that influencers can make videos and generate engagement during the week.

Do they shut social media at weekends?

12 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

Did they say anywhere that the Unity 3D engine will be revealed as a part of the "match experience" reveal? Or is Unity not in the roadmap at all?

You mean the 3d match engine? Unity is not a 3d engine, it's a bit more, it's  development platform that happens to support 3d, and 2d.

1 minute ago, jmlima said:

You mean the 3d match engine? Unity is not a 3d engine, it's a bit more, it's  development platform that happens to support 3d, and 2d.

Yes, my impression is that a new 3D rendering engine is the main selling point of using Unity, and I don't see Unity mentioned specifically anywhere in the roadmap, so I am guessing it's in the match experience reveal?

1 minute ago, Zoolok42 said:

Yes, my impression is that a new 3D rendering engine is the main selling point of using Unity, and I don't see Unity mentioned specifically anywhere in the roadmap, so I am guessing it's in the match experience reveal?

I mean, we've been down this road. 3d would hardly be the main reason to use Unity. 3d will certainly change because the use of Unity means you will be rendering into the screen in a diff way. If it's better or worse than at present, it's down to SI. It will never be as good as a dedicated engine, but with sufficient work it can be good. Showing Unity by itself would be the driest thing ever, what they will show is the match experience which effectively means the 3d bit of the game..

21 hours ago, DavutOzkan said:

Sigh, I'm Gen Z, and I first hate everything being blamed on us, but you probably aren't wrong. Everything is being prioritized for phones/mobile apps these days, while the desktop experience gets left behind. It's really bad. 

Ah twas just a generalization.....nothing personal mate:D...I thought Genz was kinda 23-24 and under no?

19 minutes ago, jmlima said:

I mean, we've been down this road. 3d would hardly be the main reason to use Unity. 3d will certainly change because the use of Unity means you will be rendering into the screen in a diff way. If it's better or worse than at present, it's down to SI. It will never be as good as a dedicated engine, but with sufficient work it can be good. Showing Unity by itself would be the driest thing ever, what they will show is the match experience which effectively means the 3d bit of the game..

Ok, so you think Unity switch is for future proofing basically, not because we can expect a leap in visuals? That kinda goes against what they were implying all this time, but it does fit the current lack of screenshots or any kind of promo material of an actual match.

7 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

I think it'll be delayed a week as they've just started adding women into the database.

Women's database is being worked on for years, they already have a base to start with.

7 minutes ago, CamAshworth said:

If I was to guess it will be a video made up of clips from the WSL with nothing at all being shown of the game.

If they do that then the grumbles that the game is in deep, deep trouble will grow louder.

I'm expecting at least some screenshots probably of facegen and female player models.

Some of player profiles, maybe some licensed league stuff but nothing majorly exciting.