FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Now I realized that even on this forum, with the changes made including this Spotlight Disscussions stuff, I need to click twice or thrice to reach a specific post that could be done in one click. Genius.

Edited by renato.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 14 minutos, rdbayly dijo:

I think what's going on is that it has been so long since SI announced the rebuilding of the game in Unity, that players have constructed in their minds what they think the game will be. Ultimately, no half-baked screenshots can live up to this expectation. People want the game to be different but the same, feel new but nostalgic, be modern but traditional, be streamlined but not dumbed down.

My honest opinion is that it will both look and feel very similar to FM24 but with a coat of paint.. 

It's like a horror movie. When you don't see the monster, it's much scarier than when it appears. Our imagination is far more powerful than reality.

That's what's happening now with FM25, but it's not exclusively our imagination's fault. The marketing strategy has been quite disappointing and very difficult to understand. This is one of the most anticipated editions, but we didn't raise from nothing these expectations, they have been feeding them since 2024. And until now, we still didn't know how the monster is, and the scarce official news we've received have mostly been about removed features, delayed dates or even silence on some regular features (Beta, Editor).

This does not mean that one should be pessimistic (in fact I am not, except for the beta), nor does it justify some criticism, but it's reasonable to be worried. And being worried is not being destructive.

On 07/10/2024 at 10:15, Etebaer said:

My benchmark for UI and Graphics is still Fifa Manager and there is a recent Vid about it i like to show bcs pics speak more than words:

I played FIFA Manager a bit back when it was active and while it was a decent enough game I don't agree with some of the implications cited in the video that it has better graphics from ten years ago than FM now. To me this shows all the good things about this game's visuals was just a transfer of EA's engine from FIFA just as with the menus. EA is a far bigger company than SI in 2024 and the gap in 2014 was much bigger too. However in FM 2014 I don't recall defenders just standing still and watching attackers jog with the ball (emphasis on jog because there is no sprinting in the match footage in this video). Nor CBs marking each other when defending an attack allowing the ST a free run and shot in the box. It also plays so slow and looks forced rather than spontaneous. I think whatever in-built advantage FIFA Manager had by having EA's FIFA visuals was beaten by not putting much effort into the simulation. Think of it in terms of how buggy the FM09 3D engine was and how within a few years SI at least ironed it out so it played better even if it didn't look so much better. 

1 hour ago, Kevinho7 said:

I’m so sorry i’m going to be that whiny guy right now, but man the forum used to be a cool place once. Talking passionate, talking stories, cool tactical chats and in depth questions being asked and answered. Different visions came up through respectful discussions. 

All I see around here for the last couple of years are just endless discussions which aren’t going forward, people wanting to persuade others that their way of doing things is the right one and justify it because of one sentence.. “playing fm since the old cm”.
Some getting offended so easily and reacting with fire. Constant bashing of things from the game, the game as a whole, or everything around it. And last but not least the neverending why’s, how’s, when’s, i hope’s and what not. 

Not to forget the “what is the best tactic” questions you see on growing occasions.

I must be getting old, but what happened to words like ‘patience’, ‘respect’, ‘acceptance’ and things like working for it to learn things yourself instead of the easy way out? Did they get lost somewhere along the generations?

I miss the old vibes around here from years ago…

Sometimes its good to take a break from the forums, particularly in the pre-release period. 

13 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Sometimes its good to take a break from the forums, particularly in the pre-release period. 

Goes to show yeah, unfortunately tho

On 04/10/2024 at 10:37, filip_croatia said:

I am going to buy new laptop, will this be enough for FM 25 ?  AMD Ryzen 5 5500H up to 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2050 4GB,

Personally, if FM is the primary motivation for buying a new laptop, I would wait until FM25 is released and the annual community benchmark thread is created/populated with a few results before buying a new machine.

That is, if your current machine is still functioning with your other use cases.

4 hours ago, anagain said:

Guess so. Not sure what he's seen in a demo to make the game so bad. Each to their own, but the match engine has improved year on year.

Isn't the demo the full game except that you can only advance so far? So theoretically, you could experience the ME plenty of times. 

29 minutes ago, DavutOzkan said:

Isn't the demo the full game except that you can only advance so far? So theoretically, you could experience the ME plenty of times. 

Yeh that's usually the case. Limited database but the game is the full version just with a 6 month end date

39 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Interesting break down of the Twitter polls mentioned earlier in this thread.

Well I think it's a very realistic result. 

Most of users won't preorder because there is not any incentivation to do so. A 10% discount is not that much (there are better discounts looking around) and the main factor that was playing the game in advance (beta) is no longer there. Add to that the lack of info and there is little value on taking the risk of preordering.

Most of us will buy the game once released because it's our passion regardless of all the negativity here so yes, we could preorder anyway as we will end buying unless all the reviews are terribly bad.

Edited by Icy

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

Interesting break down of the Twitter polls mentioned earlier in this thread.

Is it particularly interesting at this point though? Given pretty much nothing has been announced, and (safely) assuming that everything will be announced by release, I don't see what numbers really mean now. They're going to change pretty massively I'm the next few weeks (potentially in both directions) not to mention that a lot of the people adamant they aren't preordering will almost certainly be doing so before release.

Numbers will only really mean something if we get actual pre order and sales numbers. And even then, a not insignificant number of those will be the people that seem to hate the product yet still bought.

I should also add that I don’t think creators help. I appreciate that a lot of people try to make a living from creating content and FM is a vehicle for this. In this ‘dead time’ between releases then creators still need to feed themselves and their families so probably resort to putting out content that isn’t up to the usual standard. It’s just the same as radio shows talking crap to fill ‘dead air time’. This also inadvertently contributes to the negativity within the community. 

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Is it particularly interesting at this point though? Given pretty much nothing has been announced, and (safely) assuming that everything will be announced by release, I don't see what numbers really mean now. They're going to change pretty massively I'm the next few weeks (potentially in both directions) not to mention that a lot of the people adamant they aren't preordering will almost certainly be doing so before release.

Numbers will only really mean something if we get actual pre order and sales numbers. And even then, a not insignificant number of those will be the people that seem to hate the product yet still bought.

Why would they? I mean seriously why would anyone who is undecided about the game in anyway this year pre-order? There is zero incentive. No Beta - as far as we know and that was always the incentive to pre-order. If the Beta pops up then I expect that will change. If not you might as well wait until the review embargos drop and order from a well known selling site for literally £12 less than the best offer SI can give.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

I really hope as things get announced (actual features in the game) it improve sales.

13 hours ago, Icy said:

Well I think it's a very realistic result. 

Most of users won't preorder because there is not any incentivation to do so. A 10% discount is not that much (there are better discounts looking around) and the main factor that was playing the game in advance (beta) is no longer there. Add to that the lack of info and there is little value on taking the risk of preordering.

Most of us will buy the game once released because it's our passion regardless of all the negativity here so yes, we could preorder anyway as we will end buying unless all the reviews are terribly bad.

I am glad that some content creators, sadly not all, but some wont even share their links to preorder and saying please wait and see. No need to rush into things if they are so uncertain .

28 minutes ago, saihtam said:

I am glad that some content creators, sadly not all, but some wont even share their links to preorder and saying please wait and see. No need to rush into things if they are so uncertain .

Yes, whilst I agree that YouTube creators need to pay their bills and are tempted to make fluff videos when there's really nothing to say, I'd have expected said fluff pieces about FM25 being exciting, given it's their livelihood. So I'm pleasantly surprised at the honesty of creators dissing what we've been given so far.

For me, without being influenced by any of them, I'd already decided that having recently got into international management, the removal of it is a major negative, even though I'm looking forward to the addition of women's football. If there's no beta to run through a new game engine, I'll likely wait out the probable bugs that need fixing and wait until somewhere around March, if I purchase it at all.

3 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yes, whilst I agree that YouTube creators need to pay their bills and are tempted to make fluff videos when there's really nothing to say, I'd have expected said fluff pieces about FM25 being exciting, given it's their livelihood. So I'm pleasantly surprised at the honesty of creators dissing what we've been given so far.

For me, without being influenced by any of them, I'd already decided that having recently got into international management, the removal of it is a major negative, even though I'm looking forward to the addition of women's football. If there's no beta to run through a new game engine, I'll likely wait out the probable bugs that need fixing and wait until somewhere around March, if I purchase it at all.

I don't think that the bugs will be fixed and not going to be a smooth transition, but will fix some in fm26

Pretty much half way through the week now for the reveal of Womens football (it 100% will not be done on the weekend)

Feel as if it’s going to be Friday, the literal last day. But why? Unless they are going to reveal in game footage, which I don’t think they will at all, it makes zero sense. 

I found a video on Youtube by Clayts where he did Twitter polls. Didn't bother to watch the whole video, but the polls themselves are interesting to see where people's heads are at overall, (rather than any vocal minorities).

Not going to comment on them myself. I'd hope people can form their own opinions about it, except for one thing. Based on the poll, only half the people who preordered last year will do so this year. Not sure that's a huge problem or surprise or what percentage of overall sales preorders makes up anyway. The appeal of preordering was the beta, so I'd imagine SI are not losing sleep over that in particular.

However, it does mean that reviews are going to be important, probably for the first time in ages. now there's two types of reviews. Those by the professional game writers / publications, and the public. It's probably the latter that SI would have to worry about, (i.e. review bombing) but the game could of course be a triumph.

Anyway, I'm quite laid back. We still have FM24 to play. That's the worst case scenario for us, right? We play FM24 for another year for free and don't get women's football. We're really not the ones who should be melting down. Really the worst case scenario for us is that the game tanks SI, so we should be relatively supportive and on their side.

I would be quite interested to know if some of the content creators are getting invited down to SI to play FM25 before release this year and allowed to make content based on that. They have been able to for the last couple of years - would be quite telling IMO if they were not allowed to, or not invited to, this year.

11 minutes ago, davehanson said:

I would be quite interested to know if some of the content creators are getting invited down to SI to play FM25 before release this year and allowed to make content based on that. They have been able to for the last couple of years - would be quite telling IMO if they were not allowed to, or not invited to, this year.

Further to that. I'd be interested in hearing from women Football Manager creators and hearing what their experiences have been over the years of playing FM/CM and how FM25 will impact that.

edit: A cursory glance on YouTube I couldn't actually find any female content creators for FM.

Edited by ds_61_1
addendum

hace 15 minutos, ds_61_1 dijo:

Further to that. I'd be interested in hearing from women Football Manager creators and hearing what their experiences have been over the years of playing FM/CM and how FM25 will impact that.

edit: A cursory glance on YouTube I couldn't actually find any female content creators for FM.

I read recently that the 99% of FM players are man. That makes it tricky to find not only a female FM content creator, but even a female :D

1 minute ago, Micho21 said:

I read recently that the 99% of FM players are man. That makes it tricky to find not only a female FM content creator, but even a female :D

Maybe that will change with women football introduction

hace 1 minuto, inacion dijo:

Maybe that will change with women football introduction

I think that's what they're trying to do. There is a vast and completely unexplored market out there waiting for them.

9 minutes ago, Micho21 said:

I was watching a female streamer playing FM on Twitch at times some years ago, she was quite good and entertaining too

Edited by Carambau

9 minutes ago, Carambau said:

I was watching a female streamer playing FM on Twitch at times some years ago, she was quite good and entertaining too

I'm not familiar with Twitch. Don't suppose you have a link?

7 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

The only reason I can think of that makes sense for delaying the announcement of women's football is because they want to feature some of the match engine.

By "delaying" what are you meaning? Intro to women's football is from 7th Oct and going off what we've seen unravel the past few weeks it was always going to be end of the week. 

I'd be amazed if we see any in-game stuff at all in this part of the roadmap. Friday afternoon we'll get something. Then the following Friday (at best) we'll see some interface, imo.

Probably what's concerning people about Football Manager big release is when we compare it with Civilization VII big release. They also worked several years on it, it will be released in February and they are already doing some streams on their official channel of Civilization VII gameplay.

Football Manager 2025 is 6 weeks from release date and there's almost nothing to show yet

1 minute ago, inacion said:

Football Manager 2025 is 6 weeks from release date and there's almost nothing to show yet

I would point that there is no actual release date. It is 'from 26th November'. That can be any day from that one. The only thing we know is that the release is not before the 26th November. We have no idea how much further forward will it be. It could be 6 weeks. It could be 10 weeks.

46 minutes ago, Micho21 said:

I think that's what they're trying to do. There is a vast and completely unexplored market out there waiting for them.

Literally double the market they are occupying right now.

6 minutes ago, jmlima said:

I would point that there is no actual release date. It is 'from 26th November'. That can be any day from that one. The only thing we know is that the release is not before the 26th November. We have no idea how much further forward will it be. It could be 6 weeks. It could be 10 weeks.

release date is a tueday 26th november and it goes with past releases being a tuesday as well there actually is a release date unless si put out a delay notice release day is 26th november.

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I don't understand how "available from 26th November" can be interpreted as any day from that one...

"from" meaning "on" OR "after" that date. 

If they had removed the word "from" it would have to be released on the 26th. If they changed "from" to "on", it would have to be released on the 26th.

Adding the word "from" means they can cover themselves

3 minutes ago, _Rob said:

If they had removed the word "from" it would have to be released on the 26th. If they changed "from" to "on", it would have to be released on the 26th.

So it can be a 1 December to :D

17 minutes ago, _Rob said:

in which case you would expect a confirmation of delay before 26th november.

2 hours ago, davehanson said:

I'd be surprised if they were not invited. The whole playing community got invited to declare availability to test at S.I. Setp/Oct. If we got that invite, then no doubt content creators also have been over there.

2 hours ago, ds_61_1 said:

I wouldn't call myself a content creator, but I play FM and I put it on YouTube, and I have 1 patreon sub, haha. Feel free to look me up, VanillaFM. Been playing for years, since the very first incarnation of it back in the CM times. I had a couple of other female mates at school who also played, but we didn't really talk about it as much as the guys. I think the female community is larger than people realise.

On women's football coming to the game, it makes absolute sense, it's football, isn't it? Full disclaimer, I don't watch women's football, and I barely watch men's football nowadays, I fell out of love with it when it became about big marketing and big money in the early 2010s, but I still watch international football, mostly men's but also women's. In FM I tend to play my local club, or a really small obscure club and bring it up through the ranks, I like the whole process of building something! Occasionally I play the big clubs, Barcelona being one of my favourites for that. I have played international management, but not as often as clubs. And I think women's football needs to be seen in that light, it enrichs the game with more leagues!! More places to explore on the journeyman's saves. This is why I am gutted international management is gone, as it takes away storyline richness in our saves.

I'd like to ask the community here for their take on my "unpopular opinion", here is: I think the beta might still come a week before, BUT if not, we might be entering a phase of FM where the beta is replaced by a release model all about small iterative updates, regular weekly patching and new features, that sort of thing, continuously through the whole cycle, which will mean for us, even more engagement with the devs, reporting bug, not just in a big cram during a beta period, and continual feature requests that might get delivered whenever, not just at every yearly release. The dev community would call it Agile sprints, and it may cycle through right up to next summer, and then fed into FM26. What would people say of something like that?

Edited by jenvaskes
Spelling