FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

2 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

A new ME on a new game engine is pretty big stuff. Without the info Infront of my I'm pretty certain that when we went from 2d to 3d that would've been the forefront of information at the time. You sell products with its strongest assets. 

I'm not debating whether its big or not, its the fact they leave it later because they like to showcase closer/newer builds of the ME

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The match engine isnt a first reveal and hasnt been for ages

Certainly not wrong, but this glosses over that SI well be very much aware the reaction to the development updates was dreadful, and that confidence in FM25 from the player base is very low. There is no reason to tie themselves to previous announcement timelines. Even some stills would have been helpful, and sensible given the splash SI has made about this new engine for a long time.

1 minute ago, Champions_09 said:

This is different and you know it.

We’ve never had any show of ME on first day of announcements. Always later on in the cycle. 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

I'm not debating whether its big or not, its the fact they leave it later because they like to showcase closer/newer builds of the ME

I mean if thats your angle then youre more than entitled to take it others wont. Big features take the lead, they dont get buried a month into announcements. 

Just now, Cavjj said:

Certainly not wrong, but this glosses over that SI well be very much aware the reaction to the development updates was dreadful, and that confidence in FM25 from the player base is very low. There is no reason to tie themselves to previous announcement timelines. Even some stills would have been helpful, and sensible given the splash SI has made about this new engine for a long time.

I don't disagree but they will do their usual attempted balance of trying to get it out earlier, but also show it in best state possible. Which is why its usually not the first up. I think its 4th up?

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The match engine isnt a first reveal and hasnt been for ages

So? Just because that's been the case in the past doesn't mean it should be the case now. 

FM24 was continuity FM23 because they were moving to Unity and upgrading the graphics. The new match engine and graphics have been a massive talking point for the past year, and are one of the key areas of this game - it should be a headline feature, with screenshots and footage leading every announcement. 

Just now, jimbo22 said:

I mean if thats your angle then youre more than entitled to take it others wont. Big features take the lead, they dont get buried a month into announcements. 

Its not about an angle, its what they typically do and have done. Up to individuals to decide whether thats good or not

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Its not about an angle, its what they typically do and have done. Up to individuals to decide whether thats good or not

This isn't a typical release.

They have put themselves under a bit of pressure after telling us what they are removing, it's October and we haven't seen one pixel of the new ME. That's a bad sign if you ask me.

Suppose I should point out that Amario Cozier-Duberry is not a newgen and real players without images typically don't have newgen faces enabled in "old" FM. Don't know necessarily that we can surmise that the genned face in the screenshot is an accurate depiction of the new graphics and not a placeholder.

Since we are all a bit pent up, and Danny Welbeck is in the Images, Who want a joke to lighten the Mood?

Danny Welbecks dad was a bomb Disposal expert.

His Name was Stan.

Answers on a postcard, Here's Wonderwall.

Yeah because they dont release a new match engine every version, Cmon, weve both been around for a long time on here......

3 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

This isn't a newgen. Amario Cozier-Duberry is a real person.

Yes, but even if it's only because they didn't have a real photo of him to use the photo is a newgen (edit: I guess "game-generated" is a better term) face.

Edited by autohoratio

Just now, KillYourIdols said:

Since we are all a bit pent up, and Danny Welbeck is in the Images, Who want a joke to lighten the Mood?

His Name was Stan.

atrocious

3 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

I know custom skins will save this, but is this really optimal for a squad screen? How many extra clicks do we now need to make to reach a certain players profile for example? It’s always been on one screen before. 

or have i missed something? Are we hiding information to make the game look easier for casual players? It’s such a shame.

IMG_0730.jpeg

They're tiles. You click on the "first team" tile, for instance, and that menu will pop up. This view is just to be able to look at everything at a glance. 

Not read up much on the new game. Is the womens football just in the game or is it an additional 'world' you can pick? 

Are the ratings for the women against a different spectrum to the mnes as Fran Kirby is not an 18 dribbler in comparison to the mens game?

Will they drop this add on when they find out nobody plays as womens teams just like international football?

An overhauled approach to football tactics will bring you closer to the cutting edge of the professional game, while a complete revamp of the way to set up your manager will deliver more customised, unique stories wherever you step into the dugout.

Dont rule out the in-out possesion formations just yet.

Just now, jimbo22 said:

Yeah because they dont release a new match engine every version, Cmon, weve both been around for a long time on here......

If you disagree you disagree. All I can say its they have stuck in pretty much the same timeline they all have. Technically its actually one behind now with womens football at the top. Whether we see a different before who knows, but the match experience is pretty much where its historically been. 

In questo momento, Barnetfan ha scritto:

Not read up much on the new game. Is the womens football just in the game or is it an additional 'world' you can pick? 

Are the ratings for the women against a different spectrum to the mnes as Fran Kirby is not an 18 dribbler in comparison to the mens game?

Will they drop this add on when they find out nobody plays as womens teams just like international football?

We know nothing right now.
They just dropped the trailer and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you disagree you disagree. All I can say its they have stuck in pretty much the same timeline they all have. Technically its actually one behind now with womens football at the top. Whether we see a different before who knows, but the match experience is pretty much where its historically been. 

When was the last full match engine replacement? 2009?

I have the game box in my hand... The front has a banner with "includes new 3d match view". The back of the box leads with 3d Match View in the New to FM area. The lead whats new in the paper manual is 3d match engine.

If you want to kid yourself on then again thats on you my man. A new match engine is a key step in any FM and always has been.

Edited by jimbo22

2 минуты назад, DavutOzkan сказал:

They're tiles. You click on the "first team" tile, for instance, and that menu will pop up. This view is just to be able to look at everything at a glance.

Not a bad solution for Switch and smartphones. Why do I need this on my 2k monitor?

Do you think all is well behind the scenes then?

I am even more underwhelmed than I feared I could potentially be.

On a separate note, super gutted to see that only M-processor MacBooks will be supported. This is the nail in the coffin for me and the confirmation that I will stick to FM24.

Edited by eusebio1

5 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

His Name was Stan.

Nice! :)

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

An overhauled approach to football tactics will bring you closer to the cutting edge of the professional game, while a complete revamp of the way to set up your manager will deliver more customised, unique stories wherever you step into the dugout.

Dont rule out the in-out possesion formations just yet.

Id love it, but sceptical of leaks. Also need to see at alongside some ME footage at some point.

5 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Not a bad solution for Switch and smartphones. Why do I need this on my 2k monitor?

"Real football managers don't use computers anymore, they use tablets and smartphones!" 

More seriously though, I believe it is to help players not get lost in menus anymore. Although I never really thought that was an issue. 

Edited by DavutOzkan