FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

4 hours ago, southside said:

Its not a case of how many did or didnt pre order it. Its the fact that they opened up advertising pre orders when they knew the game wouldnt be ready for november. It shouldnt have been advertised as available for pre order

Why does it matter? You had until release day to pre-order it and it was delayed before that date. If you're so desperate to buy the game that you can't wait an extra month then I'm not sure you're the type of person who's going to demand a refund then not purchase the game when it comes out next year.

Refunds are easy to get via Steam too. 

Some games had/have pre-orders open for years before the game is released, while also telling you that without enough pre-orders the game won't be able to be released at all.

They opened up for pre-orders, didn't force or guilt anyone into paying for it, then made it clear the game was delayed before the pre-order period ended.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, scythian12 said:

This is literally what the original vs real world vs your world starting settings are about, which were introduced for FM24, so you can have any flavour of your choosing.

I know, for the first transfer window for sure.  But for the second window?  We’d have to have similar extending to the second window with no ability to affect our own transfers until the 25/26 season otherwise statistics will be messed up.  Eg., a player at Honvéd in real life scores 6 goals in 15 appearances between August and December 24 and then transfers to a different team in January 25.  How are those statistics accounted for in FM25 if we start a new game with “January” transfers included in the start date of July/August 24.

The flavour of our choosing only accounts for 1st window transfers, not 2nd window - and SI likes to tell us that FM is based on “realism”.  So original vs real world would need changing (not your world of course).

Like I said, it’ll be interesting to see how it’s handled.

On 18/10/2024 at 09:47, -Jef- said:

So the answer is yes? It starts in 23/24? If so, immersion breaking for me for any save.

How do you cope if an AI team makes a transfer that didn't happen in real life a week into your save? 

16 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I know, for the first transfer window for sure.  But for the second window?  We’d have to have similar extending to the second window with no ability to affect our own transfers until the 25/26 season otherwise statistics will be messed up.  Eg., a player at Honvéd in real life scores 6 goals in 15 appearances between August and December 24 and then transfers to a different team in January 25.  How are those statistics accounted for in FM25 if we start a new game with “January” transfers included in the start date of July/August 24.

The flavour of our choosing only accounts for 1st window transfers, not 2nd window - and SI likes to tell us that FM is based on “realism”.  So original vs real world would need changing (not your world of course).

Like I said, it’ll be interesting to see how it’s handled.

1) you have no idea how abysmally bad Honvéd are this autumn and I fear I must make the Hungarian 3rd division extension if they were to be playable in FM 26 :(

image.png.48e2966218388ca4e00a8ce58cf7cc56.png

2) I should think the whole thing will work exactly FM24.3. Winter transfers happen in the "future" in real world mode and players' attributes have been adjusted with experience of the entire autumn period, not just the start of it. Any player stats are ingame ones from the 2023-24 season on.

8 horas atrás, Dagenham_Dave disse:

How do you cope if an AI team makes a transfer that didn't happen in real life a week into your save? 

I always deactivate first Windows 

19 minutes ago, The Bus said:

So SI or Miles hasn't still said anything at all more anywhere since the delay announcement? Are they set to just not say absolutely anything until January? 

Can't imagine what else they'd be doing...

24 minutes ago, The Bus said:

So SI or Miles hasn't still said anything at all more anywhere since the delay announcement? Are they set to just not say absolutely anything until January? 

What more can be said that would help matters? What do you honestly want them to say? I expect there will be no comment until the end of January.

2 hours ago, The Bus said:

The guy above said. What more can be said?

Game is set to release in March with gameplay reveal at the end of Jan. What else are you expecting?

Just wait till thrn

3 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Did they or did they not delay the game?

They did.  Care to point to the evidence that makes the assertion I quoted a fact? 

I can completely get that some people would have suspicions and opinions of it, but to make out like it's a fact is a massive stretch.  There's several more likely outcomes than they decided they'd have a great few days before they dropped the bomb. 

Edited by forameuss

42 minutes ago, haregi7418 said:

The guy above said. What more can be said?

Game is set to release in March with gameplay reveal at the end of Jan. What else are you expecting?

Just wait till thrn

Well, like this that they just after that said... No data update and reasoning for it.

Hopefully they find the courage to start hyping up the game when they have any glimpses to show and hopefully that is before "better is out tomorrow". Hopefully they just provide any progress update to calm us down. **** up and wait isn't maybe anymore a tactic to use in this time and age of information overflow.

Just now, forameuss said:

They did.  Care to point to the evidence that makes the assertion I quoted a fact? 

I can completely get that some people would have suspicions and opinions of it, but to make out like it's a fact is a massive stretch.  There's several more likely outcomes than they decided they'd have a great few days before they dropped the bomb. 

The complete absence of any information about the CAUSE of the delay, and the fact that they cannot release resources to work on a data update says it all. This isn't just a game getting polished, it's miles behind, five months in fact.

Even with CM4 they did both of these things. They specifically cited polishing and released a data update.

If what you're saying is true, it implies that SI were either completely negligent in missing a bug which would cause months worths of delay, or they deliberately opened preorders with a date they knew was wrong. Neither is a good look.

I love the amount of people in the replies on twitter crying about no update, but then in that same tweet say they will just use an updated dB from the community.

Whining for the sake of whining

3 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

If what you're saying is true, it implies that SI were either completely negligent in missing a bug which would cause months worths of delay, or they deliberately opened preorders with a date they knew was wrong. Neither is a good look.

No, it really doesn't.  It's nowhere near that black and white, and that's where the problem with the assumption lies.

Things can and do come up that can completely sink any plans.  I've personally experienced it multiple times myself.  I'm not saying that absolves them of blame at all, but it's a million miles better than this baffling assumption of "facts" that they suddenly decided that even though they knew it wouldn't be ready, they'd decide to open themselves up to a PR nightmare by opening pre-orders on something they fully intended to row back just days later.  That's far worse a look.

Ultimately no-one outside of SI is likely ever going to know what went on and the reasons behind it.  Nor should anyone really, for roughly the same reasons as people are already making their own assumptions based on their own ideas of how evil SI are or aren't.  I'm not saying what I am saying is absolutely true either, but then I've never claimed it was.  It's just an assumption based on my own experiences.  There are no facts outside of SI's walls.

33 minutos atrás, HighFlyingDwarf disse:

The complete absence of any information about the CAUSE of the delay, and the fact that they cannot release resources to work on a data update says it all. This isn't just a game getting polished, it's miles behind, five months in fact.

Even with CM4 they did both of these things. They specifically cited polishing and released a data update.

They have so many license deals these days though, one of them even includes the Japanese League which took years of work to put together. They are in a different place than they were in CM4. IMO, if they could do a simple roster and year edit i'm sure they would, but it's clear the technology change made them impossible to interchange with the previous version key assets, so it's not as easy and simple as that.

49 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Source, please. You didn't throw that out as a fact, did you?

33 minutes ago, Carmi88 said:

I love the amount of people in the replies on twitter crying about no update, but then in that same tweet say they will just use an updated dB from the community.

Whining for the sake of whining

Twitter/X in a nutshell :brock:

At least with the announcement it fills the 'information vacuum' otherwise it just leads to people filling it with their own thoughts and theories (myself included).

The community offers options with a data update and although in my experience not perfect it can certainly help keep a game going and give it a little refresh.  I hope FM25 is worth the wait, personally I'll wait for FM26.

56 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

It's 20-25 years later than CM4. Technology and the law over licenses have changed drastically. They also were very clear about the cause of the delay; the move to unity. I'll be honest I was very disappointed that preorders were taken then just over a week later, the game was delayed but it's obviously cock up, not conspiracy. I would be very surprised if on the day preorders went live, SI knew that the game would be delayed. Sometime stuff goes wrong, it's just life as an adult.

48 minutes ago, Fat_Frank8 said:

Source, please. You didn't throw that out as a fact, did you?

I'm not saying what I am saying is absolutely true either, but then I've never claimed it was.  It's just an assumption based on my own experiences.  There are no facts outside of SI's walls.

You literally couldn't read a few posts further down, could you?

2 hours ago, kingjericho said:

You should ask for the refund at the site where you bought the game, not SI website

Things here from official website is not clear.

The official store.footballmanager.com uses a service called Xsolla.

Despite Xsolla is a digital service, it's not in SEGA Approved Partners, like Steam.

3 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

Was this hard to do? This is partly the extra mile. The intention to deliver the 2024/2025 season data, is impossible to deliver as every resource is focus FM25.

It would have been perfect if they had done this along with the delay announcement and had it signed by Miles. But oh well... :ackter:

With that said, it doesn't really give me positive vibes about FM25. I'm wondering if it will be ready at all in March... Oh wait!!!!! Positive vibes, right? FM25, when it is released in March, will be the greatest game ever!!!!  :brock:

Well it is EA FC 25 for me this year. 

No way I am buying the game in March. The updates are too late and the game will probably be buggy. Maybe Fm26 but I am starting to get on with EA so I may not return. 

A shame as I have been part of the series for a number of years but this is more about the bad communication that anything else.

2 hours ago, pw75 said:

At least with the announcement it fills the 'information vacuum' otherwise it just leads to people filling it with their own thoughts and theories (myself included).

The community offers options with a data update and although in my experience not perfect it can certainly help keep a game going and give it a little refresh.  I hope FM25 is worth the wait, personally I'll wait for FM26.

No data update can be done for console users - so it is goodbye SI Games for now.

I’ve been critical of the FM team regarding the FM25 release…but I have to cut them some slack today.

It would have been a huge task to provide another update for FM24 and they would have tried almost everything to make this possible/achievable. Ultimately, it’s just too much work. But the transparency is great. 

I do think they could build some bridges by releasing some *new* artwork or screenshots, and even footage from the new graphics engine, every now and again as we get closer to March though - End of January is too late IMO. The complete lack of information regarding the new game is hard to understand…

Edited by ForTheLoveOfTheGame

39 minutes ago, jcafcwbb said:

Well it is EA FC 25 for me this year. 

No way I am buying the game in March. The updates are too late and the game will probably be buggy. Maybe Fm26 but I am starting to get on with EA so I may not return. 

A shame as I have been part of the series for a number of years but this is more about the bad communication that anything else.

if it was 20 euro i will buy it but in march with full price ?!?!?!? forget it SI