Rating of Euro 2024 currently

thefmveteran86

I’ve just caught up watching the Portugal vs Georgia game with Czech vs Turkey on the iPad at the same time.

Ive mostly been watching whilst looking at stuff on the iPad at the same time, half an eye on the football sort of thing, but I’ve had every game on so far, and I’ve enjoyed it well enough. Chuffed to see Georgia get through, Austria top a group involving France and the Netherlands, and England top the group of bored to death. Gutted to see Ukraine go out mind, especially on 4pts despite being 0pts behind the group winners. 

Hard to rate tournaments at this stage, feels like they really hinge on the latter stages to be remembered as classics. It's been pretty good so far, I think a shock or two in the next round with at least one classic quarter or semi final, then a decent final, and it will be remembered as a very very good tournament. If everyone goes through as expected and we don't get any classic knockout game though it will probably go down as a 6/10 at best.

I've watched almost every game (including having the final group games on two screens), and I've enjoyed it a lot, but after beginning with a bang I think there have been quite a lot of relatively dull games.  Rated against other major tournaments it would be below average for me so far, but who knows the knock outs could be brilliant.

I think the best thing has been the atmospheres in the matches, which have mostly been brilliant, though dampened a bit by the amount of bottle throwing that seems to have crept in.